PDA

View Full Version : 1995 3000gt vr4 $17000

jba3
02-03-2011, 11:46 PM
1995 $ 16,500

Selling my black 95 VR4 spyder, roughly 118k miles. Car is located in Charles Town, WV. It's mostly stock with just a few mods:

17" Chrome 5 spoke wheels (Spyder SL - possibly stock 95 VR4 wheels?) - chrome is peeling and rough
Slotted rotors w/Hawk pads
SCE caliper bolts
ebay intake (have the stock airbox - may be reinstalled soon)
GReddy turbo timer in lower dash vent (installed with plug-and-play harness - may be uninstalled soon)
"Safety Stop" has been deleted in the stock ECU via JimVR4's top diagnostics, but can be re-installed (but why??)

I also have a JimVR4 remote top module, as well as an APS996 alarm/remote start (to use with the remote top module) available for a little extra. I have a couple other small mods (EGR blockoff, HID low beams) that I bought for the car but never installed - if you buy the car, throw me an offer for them. ;)

I'm trying to trim down to a more reasonable level; I am also looking to sell either my red 95 vr4 spyder (spun bearing) or my red 95 vr4 coupe as well. Three VR4s plus my wife's car is too much to manage, both in time and finances.

Any questions, feel free to PM or post.

Pics from Mar '10 are available here - http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t8/jba3/3000gt/blackspyder/spyder%20wedding/ - recent pics will be taken as soon as it gets a bath, as it's been in the garage for most of the last 8 months.

IPD
02-04-2011, 01:06 AM
how much for the spun-bearing spyder? ;)

3KVT
02-04-2011, 12:38 PM
yes, what do you want for the spyder?

Hans@GZP
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
yea, spun bearing spyder... how much :)

jba3
02-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Still working out what I want to do with the spun bearing spyder. It's got the StopTech 355mm kit, brand new black carpet and a couple things already installed that I want to swap over to whatever car I keep, one of the pumps is bad (as far as I can tell), the top leaked the last time it was outdoors (hence the new carpet), the motor is pulled and disassembled, and the car is up on jack stands all around ... so it's not quite sale-worthy since I don't know what I'd include or not include.

First priority is selling the black one since it's a normal running and driving car ... then I'll go from there.

Hans@GZP
02-04-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't care about what's wrong with it, just sell it to me cheap :)

jba3
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
First priority is selling the black one since it's a normal running and driving car ... then I'll go from there.

Hello, Irony? Thanks for visiting.

Sale is on hold, car is undrivable at the moment. :o

TurboSinceBirth
02-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Bahhhh I don't have any money for a Spyder. :(

OhioSpyderman
02-08-2011, 12:52 PM
What happened to it James?

Bob. :)

jba3
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
What happened to it James?

I replaced the alternator about a year ago, before the wedding. It died, and was covered under warranty. I replaced it again in early January and finally turned the car on a couple weeks ago. Since it sat for about 5 months, the battery was dead. I jump started it - which was NOT fun - since the other spyder is on jack stands in the garage next to it and I had to daisy-chain jumper cables from outside. I invested in a plug-in jumper/charger box after that. :D

I went to start it and move it outside so I could clean the garage and set up a table to start organizing a few things, but it was completely dead. So I jump started it again, and it dies as soon as I unhook the jumper cables. I pulled the driver's wheel to check the belt and tension, since I finished the alternator somewhere around 2am and wasn't overly coherent, thinking I didn't tension the belt, and it was wet. I haven't had a chance to look into it further yet.

I also forgot I never fixed the parking brake after the wedding morning fiasco. I put the brake down, and the light stayed on. So I've got to check on that too. I was a bit overzealous in posting this thread, I think. :o

jba3
02-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I replaced the alternator about a year ago, before the wedding. It died, and was covered under warranty. I replaced it again in early January and finally turned the car on a couple weeks ago. Since it sat for about 5 months, the battery was dead. I jump started it - which was NOT fun - since the other spyder is on jack stands in the garage next to it and I had to daisy-chain jumper cables from outside. I invested in a plug-in jumper/charger box after that. :D

I went to start it and move it outside so I could clean the garage and set up a table to start organizing a few things, but it was completely dead. So I jump started it again, and it dies as soon as I unhook the jumper cables. I pulled the driver's wheel to check the belt and tension, since I finished the alternator somewhere around 2am and wasn't overly coherent, thinking I didn't tension the belt, and it was wet. I haven't had a chance to look into it further yet.

I also forgot I never fixed the parking brake after the wedding morning fiasco. I put the brake down, and the light stayed on. So I've got to check on that too. I was a bit overzealous in posting this thread, I think. :o

To start off with, :facepalm:

The fluid was brake fluid. I started installing SpeedBleeders while I had the wheel off for the alternator and forgot about it until I saw the box on the passenger seat last night. So I sprayed it and wiped it down. Just need to bleed the brakes (OEM bleeders still in) and it should be good to go.

The alternator, belt, and tension were fine. So why was the car dying when I unhooked the jumper pack?

Sigh.

I still had my battery disconnect switch "off". The jumper pack clamps are too small to fit over the terminals, so I had it clamped at the car" side of the cable. So the car was running off the jumper box that was plugged in. Once I tightened the disconnect switch and jump-started it, it fired it up, and it idles fine with the jumper disconnected. I haven't moved it yet, since I need to bleed the brakes, but another 2am install caught up with me and left it's mark!

While I was out there I reinstalled the stock shift boot and stock ebrake boot. I may take the turbo timer out while I'm fixing the ebrake/sensor. I'm going to put the stock wheels on since I'll have to take them off to bleed the brakes, so the car won't come with the DR31s, it'll come with the stock wheels - but I'm going to reduce the price of course.

In an odd related note, I was looking through pics of when I bought the other spyder, and it came with the same 5 spoke chromies. Any spyder gurus know if the 95 spyders came with 17" chrome 5 spokes instead of the 18" chrome 6 spokes the VR4 coupes?

IPD
02-11-2011, 03:31 PM
afaik, all spyders came with spyder wheels; not the 6-spokes that the 2g's came with.

OhioSpyderman
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM
afaik, all spyders came with spyder wheels; not the 6-spokes that the 2g's came with.

Correct. 1995 and 1996 Spyders (SL and VR4) all came standard with the 5 spoke 17" chrome wheels (although I'm not sure why).

I liked the look of the stock 6 spoke 18" 95+ rims, so I sold mine (with tires) and bought a set from a former member in Florida (who had bought the car from another former member in CALI). Sadly, shortly after I purchased the wheels, the car was stolen. If I remember correctly, it ended up in PA, a different color and with all the numbers wiped.....

Crazy world!!

akotten
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
How much for the other VR4? (non-spider)

jba3
02-16-2011, 07:31 PM

Correct. 1995 and 1996 Spyders (SL and VR4) all came standard with the 5 spoke 17" chrome wheels (although I'm not sure why).

I liked the look of the stock 6 spoke 18" 95+ rims, so I sold mine (with tires) and bought a set from a former member in Florida (who had bought the car from another former member in CALI). Sadly, shortly after I purchased the wheels, the car was stolen. If I remember correctly, it ended up in PA, a different color and with all the numbers wiped.....

Crazy world!!

Ah, fantastic, thank you gentlemen. Bob, I think the idea was that the 17s had a larger tire, and thus a more "cushiony" ride for the "convertible" owners. I'm not sure why Mitsubishi thought that a convertible owner wouldn't appreciate performance, but I'm not sure why Mitsu does a lot of things. :D

How much for the other VR4? (non-spider)

It's my current DD and not for sale at the moment.

Edit - added a link in the first post with pics of it from Mar '10