PDA

View Full Version : Drivetrain Weights of Various Clutches?

HLxDrummer
01-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Does anyone happen to know or know where to find the weights of various clutches available for our car?

Hans@GZP
01-27-2011, 09:28 PM
They pretty much all weight almost the same until you start getting into iron discs and multi disc clutches.

Lithium
01-27-2011, 10:03 PM
They pretty much all weight almost the same until you start getting into iron discs and multi disc clutches.

this, Don't forget Exedy makes a "low inertia" clutch disc if you really want to save weight.

J. Fast
01-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Are you referring to the sprung weight of the pressure plate fingers and the weight to engage the clutch? or the actual weight of the pressure plate and disc itself? As far as actual weight it's pretty much what Hans said. The spring weights on the pressure plate fingers are way different tho.

HLxDrummer
01-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

I was looking for weights of the actual disk. I'm putting another trans into my car in the future and wanted to pick a clutch that would be easy on the synchros.

Any parts/etc. that I could implement to make sure the trans lasts?

Hans@GZP
01-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Just use a good fluid (OEM or Amsoil MTG) and make sure you have a healthy hydraulic system (master and slave cylinders).

HLxDrummer
01-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Is it possible to get the OEM fluid for these transmissions? I think I would feel better running that but didn't know it was available..

I'm also thinking about replacing the master/slave when I do the swap just to be safe. I'm also going to adjust the shifter cables/etc. so they're perfect. I already double clutch all my downshifts so that should help :)

Thanks!

MaxClass
01-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Check out Jacks Transmissions at: Jacks Transmissions LLC — Welcome (http://www.jackstransmissions.com/)

He also has some great Tech videos on proper clutch adjustments, etc. Very knowledgable guy.

They also highly recommend RedLine lubricants. You can never go wrong using them.

HLxDrummer
01-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Great link Max, thanks! Very good info :)

I'm actually running Redline fluids in the trans/TC now, maybe I'll stick with them..