PDA

View Full Version : 1992 3000gt vr4 $7800.00

92RT-TT
09-13-2010, 01:13 AM
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
120,000 miles on chassis, less then 1k on rebuilt transmission, TC, clutch, Paint, and maintenance!
Clear title

Standard Options:
-3.0L 24Valve DOHC V6 Twin Turbo
-Twin Turbo Charged Twin Intercooled Engine
-5-Speed Manual Transmission
-AWD (All Wheel Drive)
-AWS (All Wheel Steer)
-ECS (Electronically Controlled Suspension)
-4 Wheel Disc brakes w/abs
-Active Aero (rear spoiler kicks up at speed)
-Power Windows
-Power Locks
-AC
-CD Disc Changer in rear

The Good Stuff
-Venom rebuilt ECU
-Transmission Rebuilt, including new output shaft, bearings, and seals less then 1k miles ago
-New OEM Clutch & throwout bearing
-New Clutch Slave Cylinder
-Transfercase Rebuilt by 3sx
-120k maintenance performed by Maddog when Jeetao owned this car (Timing Belt, Water pump, Tensioner, Oil Pump) at 119k.
-3sx Downpipe
-Gutted precats, main cat delete
-3sx EGR Delete Kit
-Custom 3 inch Single exit exhaust
-Hallman Pro manual boost controller
-K&N intake
-Aftermarket Y-Pipe
-Vacuum reduction
- Polished Engine cover kit (Radiator & Injector harness)
-Eibach lowering springs
-5zigen FN01R0-C 17x9 rims, custom fully polished w/245-45-17 tires 75% tread left
-1999 Rear Garnish
-New brakes in front. Rear brakes are new within last 10k miles
-MSD plug wires w/new plugs
-Aluminum Polished 3000GT VR4 Spark Plug Cover
-Autometer Boost/Vacuum Gauge
-Autometer Electronic Oil Pressure gauge with sending unit (Over 75 psi at idle when cold)
-A-pillar gauge pods for both Autometer gauges
-3SX Ultra Performance short throw shifter
-2nd Gen headlight buckets

I bought this car with the intent of doing a 99 conversion to it, it already had 2nd gen headlight buckets on it, I got a 2nd gen hood with it, 2nd gen sideskirts, 2nd gen dash and airbags, and a I got a 99 rear garnish, the only things needed to complete a 99 conversion would be the front bumper/rear bumper, and 99 lights. When I restored the car I left it as a 1st gen because I had all the parts and with how much I spent on everything else (paint, labor, transmission, maintenance, etc) I could not justify spending another 1k on projector headlights and 99 bumpers. But if you do decide you want a 99 conversion car its got all the hard work done already!

Exterior:
100% rust and dent free body from California originally. The car was brought up 5 years ago and never driven in the winter. The underside looks as good as it did the day it was new. There is no rust on this car anywhere.

When I bought the car the paint was pretty faded from the sun (I’ve got a couple pictures from before so you can see just how faded the old paint was). Andy from St Croix Autobody completely stripped the car down to its bare shell and then I had Andy repaint the whole car in the factory Firestorm Red.

The front and rear bumpers, hood, headlights, doors, door caps, sideskirts, A-pillar and C-Pillar covers, door handles, weather stripping, Spoiler, taillights, and anything else we could unbolt was taken off the car so it could be painted off the car to ensure adequate coverage. I spent a little over 1000 dollars just on the materials to paint the VR4 and that didn’t include labor costs!

Now it looks as good or better then it did when it was new!

Also, the front bumper was shaved so there are no license plate holes :).

Interior:
The interior is in excellent condition. I replaced the steering wheel so the wheel is mint. The seats are cloth non power and are in mint condition. My vr4 originally had leather power seats but the driver’s seat was ripped up and I had this mint set of cloth seats so I swapped them out. Whoever buys the car can have the leather power seats too. There are many options for getting them recovered if you so desired. Door panels are in good condition with one ¼ inch long hairline crack on the driver’s side and 4-5 tiny hairline cracks on the passenger side. There is no bubbling or tears on the door panels. The carpet is in great condition as is the rest of the interior. The only issue in the interior is the dash vents are cracked (a very common problem with these cars unfortunately). Overall I would rate the interior as 9 out of 10.

I am selling it because I have a 1970 Cuda that I'm also restoring and I have come to the point where I cant afford to have both of these so I had to make a choice and the VR4 has to go to pay bills.

Some additional parts I will include to sweeten the deal:
I had planned to do a 99 conversion so with that being said, I will include all of the 99 conversion parts I had if someone wants them.
-2nd gen hood
-2nd gen dash w/airbag
-2nd gen sideskirts
-99 Rear Garnish (currently on car)
-2nd gen headlight buckets (already on car of course lol)

So there you have it, the paint is less then a month old, its fresh and obviously not faded at all, so you could buy the 99 front bumper for a conversion and with all the paint being fresh you could match the rest of the cars paint easily and do a 99 conversion with minimal expense to you. I will even include the extra paint and materials that we had leftover.

I apologize the pictures arent the greatest and the engine bay was kinda dirty, I'll try to get some better pictures up soon.

VIDEO of me driving it. vvvvv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSkx4DYDvXM

92RT-TT
09-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Saved for more pictures

DocWalt
09-14-2010, 12:04 AM
5 star, eh? Sure looks like it! Super clean, GLWS :D

Have you posted project pics anywhere?

92RT-TT
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Haha thanks man.

I have a bunch of pictures during the process when it was all apart, some of them I had over at 3si and the rest are on my computer at home. I'll maybe add some to this post once I get home after work so people can see what it looked like while it was being repainted :)

92RT-TT
09-17-2010, 10:15 AM
completely forgot to post up some pictures of it during the restoration. I'll have to try and remember to do that this weekend.
Bump for a perfect running car.

Also if I make it to a cyber cafe or something I will upload a 6 minute long video of me driving the car around on youtube and post the link. I tried uploading it at home but I use my droid phone for internet so it was going to take 8 hours to upload :/.

92RT-TT
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Didnt make it anyplace where I could hook up my camera and upload the video. I'm going to see if I can do it at work tomorrow

92RT-TT
09-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Now with 100% more video!

92RT-TT
09-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Pending sold!

92RT-TT
09-25-2010, 02:29 AM
I guess a more appropriate post would be... pending sold... if he gets approved for the loan :/

Granny
09-25-2010, 02:39 AM
As crazy as it may be I have been in a delima about fixing my car and after seeing what you have to offer at that price I'm moving on in hopes when the time is right I can find a car like this.

Granny

92RT-TT
10-01-2010, 12:11 AM
SOLD Locally to a guy from craigslist!