PDA

View Full Version : Blow through vs draw through vs MAP ...

Chris@Rvengeperformance
01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm at the point now where the stock MAF may be a limiting factor and I know a lot of this has been hashed out, but I'd like to get some up to date opinions about the best option to tune with.

1)Is the stock Maf a big limiting factor on my setup around 16-17PSI or would more boost do more for me?

2) I really like the emanage and don't really want to give up timing control, should I keep it and run a maf-t inline? or

3) Upgrade to the emanage ultimate and run MAP?

If I go with the maf-t it will be a little better for my BOV if I ran blow through.

I've also even considered the ARC-2, but cost is a bit of a factor.

I'd love to run the stock flashed ecu at some point, but I'm just not sure when that is coming out and how long it may be before someone figures out how to run a hot-wire maf with it. If that was ready that would obviously be my first choice.

I'm open to all options except the AEM at this point.

I'm happy with the driveability I have now, but I'm looking for more power.

HLxDrummer
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Have you done the "Mellon bypass"? May help a little.. Don't really have much to say other than mention that it doesn't seem like the kinks are really worked out of the Ultimate MAP setup yet but I'm not really up to date on that either.

Have you considered the HKS VPC? If I was going to have two piggyback devices (kind of worries me for some reason), may as well eliminate the MAF/intake pipes altogether if you can.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Have you done the "Mellon bypass"? May help a little.. Don't really have much to say other than mention that it doesn't seem like the kinks are really worked out of the Ultimate MAP setup yet but I'm not really up to date on that either.

Have you considered the HKS VPC? If I was going to have two piggyback devices (kind of worries me for some reason), may as well eliminate the MAF/intake pipes altogether if you can.

Yeah, I have a 1" 1/4 filter over the stock BOV hole.

I haven't seriously considered the VPC just because they are so rare.

I think matt at dr made over 1000AWHP through the stock intake bubble IIRC, so I'd probably use my existing dejon intake pipes and just adapter the filter directly to the intake bubble.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
correction matt made 971 through the stock bubble.

mb3000
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Subscribed.

kywhitelightning
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Try more boost first. It's a relatively free option vs the rest. You've got a lot of power still left with the meth kit especially if you are only pushing 16-17 right now.

Jeff

KeithMac
01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
My turbos really come alive at 22psi, I`d be tempted to try yours out at higher boost (as long as you don`t have to pull a lot of timing). I tried 26psi and did`t really believe the MAF was a limiting factor (ported with Mellon bypass), if it was they probably wouldn`t have hit 26psi..

For me the accuracy and drivability with the stock MAF are not worth sacrificing.

MAP with the Ultimate is a lot of work to get good drivability, you need to factor in a lot of time for tuning.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
01-20-2011, 04:38 PM
thanks for the advice guys, I will give it a try when it stops snowing!

GTOJOE
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
subscribed.

IPD
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
subscribed. i don't think i've ever heard a definitive answer on the "blow through vs draw through" debate.

kywhitelightning
01-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Wouldn't the amount of air drawn through one turbo be too little as far as a Hz count and the car would not idle?

Jeff

HLxDrummer
01-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I think he is saying to put the AFM on one turbo, then approximately double (look at trims/wideband) that airflow with some device (don't think piggybacks will add 100%). That way the ECU gets the numbers it wants, but one half the restriction.

green-lantern
01-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Honestly I'd go ahead and go blow through. When the stock flashing comes out you can still use it. If AEM is out for you then you might as well do it. I sold mine now I have to buy another, that's what I get for changing my setup so many times.

Pros and cons to everything :/