PDA

View Full Version : Wanted r/t sail conversion, glass sunroof, 2-piece lip, etc

IPD
01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
*LIST UPDATED*

1. need a 99 2-piece front bumper lip.
2. complete roof section with intact glass sunroof & all parts. (needed for sunroof conversion).
3. 1-dozen of the black-plastic pushpins which are used to secure the underside edge of the rear bumper.
4. KAZE side mirrors. i will pay a premium for this.
5. door handle shave kit.
6. 99 lifters
7. 2g stock hood (i'm only willing to drive 2 hours from warner robins)
8. complete set of DOHC cams (looking for 264 range regrinds)
9. cam gears (preferably preset for for +1/-2; not really interested in adjustable). i will pay premium for purple.
10. glass headlight inserts (matching set) good condition.
11. stealth base quarter windows; stealth base/es sail panels. if base/es interior panels are different from r/t's--i need those too.

Name your price. I can't really afford to wait on this stuff for very long.

-t.

Blacktoptt
01-06-2011, 12:13 AM
pm sent...Let me know

Unknownvr4
01-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I have the sunroof glass.. but only the glass, not the roof..

toddrs93
01-24-2011, 08:27 PM
I have roofs I can cut off but it would be a ridiculous amount to ship cause it'll have to be packed up good and shipped freight most likely

Austin@STM
02-18-2011, 10:07 PM
If you can get it off intact I will trade you my roof and glass, I would really like to get rid of the sunroof. Mine is a 1g to if that's what your looking for.

-Austin@STM

green-lantern
02-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Thadd is going all out!

IPD
02-18-2011, 11:26 PM
If you can get it off intact I will trade you my roof and glass, I would really like to get rid of the sunroof. Mine is a 1g to if that's what your looking for.

-Austin@STM

i have a sunroof on my car; just not an OEM one. and i haven't a clue how to get it out of the car. :sad:

Emilie@GZP
02-19-2011, 10:54 AM
you want to get the roof off? You need to remove EVERYTHING (windshield, a-pillar, sail panels, all interior panels, the weather stripping that runs along the a-pillars, visors, headliner, etc.) Then drill out the spot welds, and pry the roof off.

IPD
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
^ that's why i was looking for a wreck that i could just get everything cut off of. it's much faster.

IPD
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
bump!

added inserts from glass headlights. if you've done a robomod on yours, you just might have a set of these laying around. i could use them. :)

Blacktoptt
02-28-2011, 11:30 PM
are you wanting 3000gt or stealth headlight inserts?

IPD
03-01-2011, 01:45 AM
oh shit, i didn't even think there was a difference. i'd prefer stealth ones, but i could take either. i wonder how noticeable 3kgt inserts would be on stealth headlights?

Emilie@GZP
03-01-2011, 09:31 AM
well, they are different shapes so.... :dontknow:

I can do $160 shipped for the 99 lifters, new.

IPD
03-01-2011, 04:33 PM
yeah, i don't know either. i know the outsides are different, but i don't know if the insides are different.

i'd take the lifters, but i'd like to know if i can get that wiring harness from you so i can save on shipping.

Emilie@GZP
03-01-2011, 04:40 PM
The wiring harness it connected to the 3rd brake light... which has to stay with the spoiler. I was just looking it over with Hans earlier. Even checked CAPS to see if it can be purchased new separately... no go :sad:

IPD
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
so what you're telling me is that the all of the wiring under the hatch, out the side, and up to the spoiler is all ONE PIECE? :confused:

that's disconcerting. my 91-96 n/a wing had a plug in the center post which plugged into the hatch wiring harness. if what you say is true, that means someone who converts to a hoop has to rewire the entire hatch. ouch.

i don't suppose you have any donor cars with a smashed hoop, do you?

Emilie@GZP
03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
so what you're telling me is that the all of the wiring under the hatch, out the side, and up to the spoiler is all ONE PIECE? :confused:

that's disconcerting. my 91-96 n/a wing had a plug in the center post which plugged into the hatch wiring harness. if what you say is true, that means someone who converts to a hoop has to rewire the entire hatch. ouch.

i don't suppose you have any donor cars with a smashed hoop, do you?

In the picture I posted, you'll see it plugs in under the trunk area, same as every other car. This wiring just snakes through the side (that rubber hose thing you wanted), and into the spoiler connecting to the 3rd brake light.

We don't have any smashed hoop spoilers, sorry :sad:

IPD
03-01-2011, 05:32 PM
got it. so what i need is the 3rd brake light off a hoop. problem is, that light won't fit the 91-96 n/a wing, so i'll have to do some splicing. looks like i will definitely need a junked hoop. please keep me in mind if you find one. my project is dormant until i can find what i need.

thanks again.

IPD
03-12-2011, 02:18 PM
bumping this again. i just found out that the r/t quarters are more different from the base windows than i thought (not just lettering, but the visible area is substantially different).

i need a base quarter window for the driver's side. i also need some base/es sail panels. iirc, the base/es sail panels do NOT have the bottom piece like the r/t's do, so if at all possible, i'd like to keep the exterior lower rubber trim intact (the inside doesn't matter, but i'd like to have the outside in good shape, since it will be visible). the r/t sails i have cover a much more substantial portion of the windows than i'd originally anticipated; so i'm going with the base/es ones for better visibility.

p.s.

i'm not sure if the INTERIOR panels are different between r/t and base/es. i have some from an r/t, but if the base/es ones are less restrictive, i'll need those too.