PDA

View Full Version : 3SX Stinger hood (for 2nd gen)

BjornRune
12-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Question to those who own this hood, are you able to make it sit flush with the fenders (height) when pairing it with hood struts/shocks? I have the 3sx low tension struts (which barely holds the hood open) and I have massive gaps on both sides, could easily fit a finger in there.

Is it possible to have the hood sit normal with them, or do I need to ditch them in order for the hood to follow the fender curves?

I have the aerocatch hood locks mounted in front next to the R&L radiator brackets, so that's not helping the case/flexing either. I'm wondering if the shocks are bottoming out when closed, causing the hood to flex upwards.

G.C.W.
12-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I do not have one of these hoods.Nor have i repaired one of these hoods.I'd like to see pics of the problem.You may be correct,no problems till you attach the shocks and close the hood right?Try masking off the shocks and suspected area of contact with tape.Use a paint pen or paint areas on the shock.Close hood and find where it contacts.Clay works well too.

GTOJOE
12-29-2010, 08:02 PM
there was a post somethere about ppl trying to get these to fit. They hit the strut tower. Some ppl were grinding the edge of the strut tower and others bashed it flat with a hammer.

GTOJOE
12-29-2010, 08:06 PM
actually it was for the Cianci hood. Sorry. My bad.

http://www.3sgto.org/f20/how-make-your-cianci-victory-hood-fit-strut-tower-hitting-1923.html