PDA

View Full Version : Magnum engine swap

QuickShift
12-13-2010, 10:23 PM
First off, I just want to say that I have a ton of ideas, just not enough money to bring them all to life. So, I will probably be making tons of threads to tell you guys what I thought of when I was bored. Please bear with me and don't tear me to pieces for posting. but feel free to debate my ideas and tear them apart like a good piece of beef jerky.

I was driving the company truck today at work, a dodge 1500 with a 5.2 liter v8, and I was like, "wouldn't it be awesome if I could swap the engine out of this into a stealth?" (not a 3k, I'm one of those, ford engine goes in the ford, chevy goes in chevy etc.)

I couldn't find anything about it by searching. do you guys know if it would fit w/o too much super custom modifying?

Austin@STM
12-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Wont happen without a RWD swap, or some serious custom drivetrain.

I would also suggest if you do a V8 swap look into something with more power to start with, and more of an aftermarket for. There is no point in putting in a heavier engine with the same amount of power.

Turbo Beast
12-13-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.billwomelsdorf.com/Images/Baby%20Frown.jpg

stealthee
12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
First off, I just want to say that I have a ton of ideas, just not enough money to bring them all to life. So, I will probably be making tons of threads to tell you guys what I thought of when I was bored. Please bear with me and don't tear me to pieces for posting. but feel free to debate my ideas and tear them apart like a good piece of beef jerky.

I was driving the company truck today at work, a dodge 1500 with a 5.2 liter v8, and I was like, "wouldn't it be awesome if I could swap the engine out of this into a stealth?" (not a 3k, I'm one of those, ford engine goes in the ford, chevy goes in chevy etc.)
I couldn't find anything about it by searching. do you guys know if it would fit w/o too much super custom modifying?

You do realize a Dodge Stealth has a MITSUBISHI engine in it don't you?

And as mentioned, no way it will work without a ton of customization. It would require a ton of fabrication and a RWD swap. Not worth it for the power, or lack there of gained.

IPD
12-14-2010, 10:37 PM
wow. some of the old site has migrated over here i see....