PDA

View Full Version : Need GTO Power Folding Mirror Schematics

Markingtime
12-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I am upgrading my 3000GT with GTO power folding mirrors. I have all the parts (2 mirrors, control switch, control module) and their associated wire harness pig tails. In setting up a bench test I ended up with several red and brown wires coming off the control module that don't match to any of the other parts.

Does anyone know where I can down load a schematic or buy a service manual (hard copy, file copy, or CD) that would have them, preferably in English?

CoreyB
12-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Check stealth316.com and I hope posting this 4 times was an accident

arthur92710
12-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Wow, power folding mirrors! Where do I get those?

Unknownvr4
12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Wow, power folding mirrors! Where do I get those?

JDM land.

arthur92710
12-14-2010, 03:15 PM
I found a set on ebay, like $250. Is it the same at 'JDM land'?

Unknownvr4
12-14-2010, 03:18 PM
I found a set on ebay, like $250. Is it the same at 'JDM land'?

Yes lol

I ment it was only available on GTOs

arthur92710
12-14-2010, 03:23 PM
So, even if I buy one they wont fit on my 92?

Unknownvr4
12-14-2010, 03:36 PM
It should fit exactly like your mirrors, except they will be power folding

arthur92710
12-15-2010, 11:06 PM
What button would control it? Where would it be? $200 dollars is way too much, I might mod my mirrors to fold back at some speed, like AA. It would be awesome.

Markingtime
12-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Check stealth316.com and I hope posting this 4 times was an accident

Thanks. Checked it out but couldn't find anything there. Looks like I may have to have my buyer in Japan to pick one up from a dealer and ship it to me.

Are you referring to the 4 posts I made about this on 4 different forums?

It should fit exactly like your mirrors, except they will be power folding

Not exactly true. They do bolt right up but the fairing posts are thicker to make room for the folding motor, and they are angled to be seen from the passenger side (they drive on the right in Japan). That angle has to be adjusted when mounting if you are going to be able to use them in a LHD. My research indicates I will have to drill new holes in the cast aluminium mounting plates, but I haven't got that far yet.

What button would control it? Where would it be? $200 dollars is way too much, I might mod my mirrors to fold back at some speed, like AA. It would be awesome.

Here is a picture of the parts you need.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f5/wanted-jdm-power-folding-mirror-control-box-487868/

If you look close at the JDM mirror control switch (it swaps right out for your OEM one) you will see that the manual folding button is vertical along the right side of the switch. Including shipping I am out around $600-700 so far. I am about to spend $90 more to have a JDM service manual with the wiring diagram I need purchased for me at a Japanese dealer and shipped to me.

If you are serious about doing this I will eventually have a thread with pictures and potential sources, but at the rate I am going it will be a couple more months.

Markingtime
12-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I am upgrading my 3000GT with GTO power folding mirrors. I have all the parts (2 mirrors, control switch, control module) and their associated wire harness pig tails. In setting up a bench test I ended up with several red and brown wires coming off the control module that don't match to any of the other parts.

Does anyone know where I can down load a schematic or buy a service manual (hard copy, file copy, or CD) that would have them, preferably in English?

Ordered the manual from Japan last night. Should have it in a couple weeks.

Caswell239
12-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I'd like to do this... Should be easy since I have a rhd ... Just gotta source the parts

Markingtime
12-27-2010, 02:35 AM
I got a mirror, the controller, the switch, and harness pigtails from a wrecking yard in Canada. It was his only one, but if you check around you may find another. I also got a set of mirrors out of Japan through an Australian that lives there. The Canadian one may end up being extra when I'm done in about a month if you are interested.

Caswell239
12-27-2010, 09:50 AM
alright let me know

DocWalt
12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm interested in seeing someone figure this out. I'll keep an eye on this :)

Atrosity
12-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Yeah I'm in for the results! I love gadgets and cool tricks in my car haha!

Toni
12-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Nice, I love the power folding mirrors! I have a set however I'm not bothering with the stock control unit (mostly cause I picked up a cheap set on ebay without one). I'll be making my own, very easy actually since I've already done a custom power window (up&down/pass&driver) controller and it's basically the same board. I also will be doing further integration with some other things... :)

here is a link to modifying them to get the right angles (haven't tried myself)
1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT modifications | Car-Q (http://car-q.com/Modified-1993-Mitsubishi-3000GT-Luis-Miguel-Alonso-S_102105-8.html)

and here is a link to how to wire them in
SHOOTER83 BRO How do you wire Power Folding Mirrors? (http://florida3s.com/forum/modifications/7706-shooter83-bro-how-do-you-wire-power-folding-mirrors-2.html)

Good Luck!

Antoni

Markingtime
12-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks Toni. I had the 1st link but not the 2nd. It doesn't indicate what to do with the brown and red wires coming off the controller so maybe they go to something unrelated.

enigma
01-09-2011, 04:26 AM
The folding mirrors can be wired in without the control box, many of us in the UK with early mk1 GTO's have installed folding mirrors by using the central locking to activate the folding action when the car is locked/unlocked.
I managed to get a control box off a Mitsubishi Pejero 4x4 they all have the same system, but just different type mirrors, the control box should be located behide the radio above the ECU on JDM vehicles, I havent got round to wiring mine up yet but its a simple job.

This may help using the mitsi switch and relay box(control box) it is not to difficult using this guide i found.

On the control box:
RED/BLACK goes to acc +
BLACK goes to a ground
GREEN/YELLOW and GREEN goes to the mirrors fold motor (tap both motors together, and connect to these wires)
BLUE/YELLOW and YELLOW go to the fold switch

On the switch:
BLUE/YELLOW and YELLOW go to the control box.
GREEN/WHITE and BLACK/YELLOW are for the light, tap these wires into the cruise control switch wires (match the wires, and tap them)
the rest of the wires that are left, will connect to your existing wires for your power mirrors, just match them up.

On the mirrors:
GREEN/YELLOW and GREEN goes to the control box
5 other wires will be left, those go to the existing door wiring for the power mirrors, and heated mirror defrosters, just match up the wiring and connect.

TO WIRE IN WITH THE CENTRAL LOCKING WITHOUT THE CONTROL BOX.
NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR US WIRING COLOURS BEING THE SAME.

Remove your drivers door panel, there is a small loom that runs toward the door lock, in this loom there is a Blue/Black & a Blue/Red wire, get a twin core cable & connect it to these two wires, now run the twin core out of the drivers door & into the car to your mirror switch, pull the switch out & tip towards you so as you can see the wires, top right is a Yellow/Silver bands the Blue/Black side of your twin core needs connecting to this wire, next to it is a Blue wire, The Blue/Red side of your twin core needs connecting to this wire, your mirrors will now close & open with your central locking regardless of whatever alarm you have, i have done a write up with colour pictures but would need your or anyones email address to send it. this shows exactly where the wires are & also the easiest way to get your twin core out of the drivers door.

Rocket
01-26-2011, 10:51 PM
This is frikkin awesome!!!! The door to my garage isn't wide enough for the car and the mirrors to fit unless I fold one in. If I could do this by a switch would be perfect. I am in to see how this works out!!!