PDA

View Full Version : Bring your intellectual property to 3SGTO.org

Tool Man
09-12-2010, 12:21 PM
If you have threads on any other car forums that were helpful threads or articles in the Wiki, I would strongly encourage you to copy it and bring it here. We need to start building.

green-lantern
09-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Already brought my one post......:D

Tool Man
09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Already brought my one post......:D

I saw that, I'd love to bring the Conversion thread over, but they all link somewhere other than here.

onebadmollafolla
09-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Serious question here.

Any way of brining drmbldr's thread along with the other great fails that were worth hours if not days of laughter over to here?

Gene
09-12-2010, 04:52 PM
no need to revisit that. Jeremy buried that hatchet with everyone, lets just keep it that way.

green-lantern
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I saw that, I'd love to bring the Conversion thread over, but they all link somewhere other than here.

Well there is a lot of links in there that don't link to the other site like bob the great's so I could get a good bit of it.

lawdogg
09-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Just an FYI, 3si.org owns none of the posts on the forum. I would highly recommend at least saving the threads you value on your own computers just in case they delete it all.

Ninja Performance
09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Just an FYI, 3si.org owns none of the posts on the forum. I would highly recommend at least saving the threads you value on your own computers just in case they delete it all.

What are you getting at? You know something we don't?

-Chris

colt45 gto
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
i think he is trying to say......

its our litrature they have no right to it. its the knowledge of the members here that wrote that stuff so therefor we own it! anything we own we can have.

lawdogg
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Chris, nothing implied by that statement.

Tool Man
09-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Well there is a lot of links in there that don't link to the other site like bob the great's so I could get a good bit of it.

It's your sticky there, it should be yours here too.

spfan
09-12-2010, 06:52 PM
would the turbo comparison charts thread survive? some of it's old data but i still have the excel files for them.

green-lantern
09-12-2010, 06:56 PM
It's your sticky there, it should be yours here too.

I just copied it and posted it here. If Alan wants me to remove the 3si threads I will.

DrGonzo
09-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm in the process of removing all images linked to 3si from my server. Then I will rewrite all 404 images to one image saying that 3si does not own my images or my content!!!

green-lantern
09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
i'm in the process of removing all images linked to 3si from my server. Then i will rewrite all 404 images to one image saying that 3si does not own my images or my content!!!

lmfao

DrGonzo
09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I actually went in and edited my .htaccess file so that any requests from 3si would redirect to this image:

http://www.gonzoinc.com/3s.jpg

Here is how you do it:

RewriteEngine On <--- Turns on the rewrite
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://(www\.)?3si\.org/ [NC] <--- looks for requests from listed HTTP referrer
RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|gif|bmp|png|mid|m3u|wma)$ 3s.jpg [L] <--- Replaces it with this image

Just create a .htaccess file, copy the above code and paste it in, drop it on your top level directory or add it to your existing .htaccess file. Now create an image called 3si.jpg and drop it in the same directory as the htaccess file. Go to a thread in 3si where you have images and you should now see the redirect images.

This works great as you can still access them on any other forum,webpage,etc. It only blocks 3si from getting the correct images...LOL

-Greg

VR4
09-13-2010, 11:15 AM
eventually i may start posting useful info here unless someone beats me to it.

Polygon
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
So, I assume you guys are posting these is the appropriate subforum in the tech section. Or is the an FAQ/article section somewhere that I don't know about.

DrGonzo
09-13-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm bring mine over as clove to the correct sub-forum as I can. Turbo related is going into the turbo section, Brakes in suspension, ETC. I am sure Alan will make some changes to the sub-forums so we can always move them later on if need be.