PDA

View Full Version : What happened to leatherseats.com Goup Buys?

nosferatudracon
09-12-2010, 11:54 AM
There isn't an interior section for mods and tech...so I guess this question goes here. But what ever happened to leatherseats.com group buys? I've been absent from the community for some time and when I was around a few years back they were once or twice a year but it seems like there hasn't been one since then? Anyone know what the scoop there is?

stealthee
09-12-2010, 12:06 PM
They were still happening as far as I know. Unless AutoForums saaid they couldn't do it anymore since leatherseats wasn't a sponsor. :rolleyes:

Tool Man
09-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm sure they were killed due to non sposorship

ChargerX3
09-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I for one would like to see them back. I will be buying their product within the next year.

EvanH
09-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Could they sponsor us? They have a few good pictures of our cars with their leather.

Jstarr427
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah I want some too. I've tried to find all the good groupbuys, including these and someone who was making rear cargo cover boards.. they're all gone.

blackrob
09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm in on this too. My interior looks like someone got really hungry during a traffic jam and started chewing on everything! Steering wheel, ebrake, shift boot, and both front seats. But I will be looking to replace the seats some time soon.

EZnTn
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
There was a group buy going on several years back from a guy in Atlanta? named Tuner D.
Anyone know if he's still willing to participate?

dpfsharkbait
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
They faded away before all the sponsor stuff came up with AF. The last t ime I saw the lady that repped them was at the 04 ng. I was she was around a while after that, but I haven't heard from her for 2-3 years. I forget her name but she had a red 3s from Colorado I believe.

nosferatudracon
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Sounds like there's quite a bit of interest. I'll drop an email to leatherseats.com and see if they're interested in getting one going again for us.

thor'svr4
09-12-2010, 06:31 PM
i was looking at picking up a new leather interior this week but i guess ill hold off and hope something happens with this.

OhioSpyderman
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
They faded away before all the sponsor stuff came up with AF. The last t ime I saw the lady that repped them was at the 04 ng. I was she was around a while after that, but I haven't heard from her for 2-3 years. I forget her name but she had a red 3s from Colorado I believe.

Pretty sure the only "lady" with a red 3S from Colorado is "Peggy", and NO way was she associated with Leatherseats (other than maybe trying to push for a group buy...)

Bob. :)

Mr Faust
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I am in dire need of new front seats, they are fucking haggard looking. As I approach my car I am :), I open the door and :(

OhioSpyderman
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I am in dire need of new front seats, they are fucking haggard looking. As I approach my car I am :), I open the door and :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-3000GT-3000-GT-Dodge-Stealth-Leather-Covers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5e7d5be8QQitemZ25069 3377000QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-1999-MITSUBISHI-3000GT-GENUINE-LEATHER-SEATS-COVER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adbd8f367QQitemZ39023 5485031QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

(we used the former in my son's VR4, and while it was not as nice as my Leatherseats.com set, it was $250 cheaper....)

Bob.

nosferatudracon
09-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I got an email back from leatherseats.com and they said they'd be willing to do a group buy. I guess we should look at actually getting a thread for that started. Alan, am I able to organize a group buy if I'm not a verified seller?

leousm
09-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd be down for this.

blackrob
09-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm in for the right price. I'm a cheap college student and was trying to put it off for a year or so, but hey if it's a deal I can't pass up.

Geordon
09-18-2010, 04:59 PM
I just saw this thread today. Quite the coincidence, as I was showing my wife the leatherseats.com site and color options earlier this week.

Bob
09-18-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm sure Leatherseats.com would have to purchase a Sponsership before being allowed to sell on this site, the same as other vendors do. I know they are helping the members by doing group buys, but they would also be making money. Alan would have to chime in on this one.

nosferatudracon
09-18-2010, 09:34 PM
I'll shoot Alan a PM to find out.

Xero
09-19-2010, 01:33 AM
I've been debating weather to with leatherseats.com, or exotikleather, which is local to me...

nosferatudracon
09-19-2010, 04:57 PM
PMed Alan and haven't heard back yet about how to procede with this whole thing on the new site but it sounds like we have some good interest.

Illmatic Enzo
09-19-2010, 08:57 PM
im interested

TwIzTeD_3kGt
09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Interested as well.

Geordon
09-24-2010, 09:28 AM
PMed Alan and haven't heard back yet about how to procede with this whole thing on the new site but it sounds like we have some good interest.

Hope you can work something out with Alan (Sponsorship Information (http://www.3sgto.org/showthread.php?351-Sponsorship-Information)).

How close of a match is your Dark Charcoal to the original charcoal leather? I have a '92 R/T TT with a severely worn driver's seat cover, and 3 other perfect seats. I like the two-tone leather, and would be interested in doing just the front seats and door panels. Otherwise, I need to keep hunting for that elusive clean driver's seat.

Alan92RTTT
09-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Sponsorship page updated with group buy information http://www.3sgto.org/showthread.php?351-Sponsorship-Information

"How close of a match is your Dark Charcoal to the original charcoal leather? "
This close.
http://mi3si.org/imagesjpg/IMG_3024_1.JPG

Geordon
09-24-2010, 02:00 PM
"How close of a match is your Dark Charcoal to the original charcoal leather? "
This close.

Very sharp, Alan! Is that the smooth finish? i was leaning towards the gathered, but that is really nice. Unfortunately, you didn't leave the old headrest on top for a good comparison. Since you have the charcoal, do you think it is necessary to replace the back seats with the new leather at the same time, or are they close enough that no one will really notice?

Since you have the two tone, may I ask about the difference in styles? I see the bottom cushion on seat is the entire center, whereas one of the options is to carry the border color across the front edge. How do you think that would look?

Alan92RTTT
09-24-2010, 02:07 PM
I think I've just given you a real good reason to come out to Dave and Busters tomorrow ;)

http://mi3si.org/gatherings/events.php?neventid=53

Geordon
09-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I think I've just given you a real good reason to come out to Dave and Busters tomorrow ;)

http://mi3si.org/gatherings/events.php?neventid=53

If the weather was miserable, I would probably do it. With it being dry, I need to work on building my deck. I was just about over there Monday, as I drove through Utica to stop in at OAKOS Automotive in Sterling Heights and look at some Enkei GTC01 rims.

When you replaced the leather, did you do anything with the foam cushion, or did you keep the original foam?

nosferatudracon
10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Wanted to bump this to the top to get more interest. I just about have the group buy details sorted out with leatherseats.com. Sounds like we have a chance to get a pretty good discount off their regular prices that are advertised on their website depending on how many people are interested. Once I get everything sorted out in the next week or so I'll create the official group buy thread, and post a link here for everyone.

$$$PIT
10-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Subscribed for a deal on good seats. My fronts suck!

OhioSpyderman
10-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Not trying to rock the boat, but is Alan OK with this group buy? (not sure of the rules HERE for group buys...)

Leatherseats.com seating material is TOP NOTCH...I have it in my Stealth!!!!

THIS would be an AWESOME group buy.....

nosferatudracon
10-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Bob, Yeah Alan commented on the previous page and cited the page where the rules for group buys are.

pos-vr4
10-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Not trying to rock the boat, but is Alan OK with this group buy? (not sure of the rules HERE for group buys...)

Leatherseats.com seating material is TOP NOTCH...I have it in my Stealth!!!!

THIS would be an AWESOME group buy.....

Im curious, dose their kit have the small pin hole perforations that the OE gray leathers have??

OhioSpyderman
10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Im curious, dose their kit have the small pin hole perforations that the OE gray leathers have??

You can get their kits with or without the perforations (I got the perforations in my Stealth)...

Bob.

j2k4
10-08-2010, 11:27 AM
/subscribed

Bob
10-08-2010, 03:47 PM

I bought my kit without the perforations. Just my personal preference. There is, however, an extra charge for the perforated inserts.

Jimvr4
10-08-2010, 04:04 PM
I've had mine since 2004. Mine are non-perforated (I think they were called "gathered" ). They've held up extremely well. I remember my kit included all four seats, the door inserts, and extra vinyl for covering the panels on the seat backs. Oh and also the installation kit with the hog ring pliers, hog rings, and the spray on adhesive. Nobody would ever suspect this to be a DIY project when they see the results :)

HilbillyHomeboy
10-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Glad to see this happening again. This was always one of the best group buys. :clap:

Jeremy

Chris@Rvengeperformance
10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
FYI they will not do partial sets.

You wouldn't want one seat new anyway, it would look really out of place.

Good stuff though:

http://www.chrisbehnken.com/Images/photos/dcp_1610acv5_9aNu.jpg

HilbillyHomeboy
10-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I've always loved your interior(exterior ain't too shabby either ;)), everything is just right. :cool:

Jeremy

j2k4
10-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Okay, I'm in, whenever.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
10-08-2010, 09:03 PM
I've always loved your interior(exterior ain't too shabby either ;)), everything is just right. :cool:

Jeremy

thanks (I hope you were talking to me)!

Joel_CA
10-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah i have a set of Leatherseat.com covers in my VR4 and my Stealth. They fit just fine and really do bring the interior back to life, though the set on my daily driven VR4 has shown wear along the side supports just like the stock leather. I have since put a black t shirt over the seatback to eliminate any rubbing as i get in and out of the car.

JJ

nosferatudracon
10-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Alright folks...took long enough but it's here now.

http://www.3sgto.org/showthread.php?1696-Group-Buy-Leatherseats.com&p=27749#post27749

Irocurstang
10-20-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm in on this too. My interior looks like someone got really hungry during a traffic jam and started chewing on everything! Steering wheel, ebrake, shift boot, and both front seats. But I will be looking to replace the seats some time soon.

I know what you mean my interior looks similar and needs some serious attention. Im buying from leatherseats.com before Christmas either way Cant take this beautiful exterior then getting into what looks like a donated car from the salvation army.

Atrosity
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I know what you mean my interior looks similar and needs some serious attention. Im buying from leatherseats.com before Christmas either way Cant take this beautiful exterior then getting into what looks like a donated car from the salvation army.

LMAO mine is the opposite, so hideous to look at until you see inside then you are like ZOMG!

Irocurstang
10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
LMAO mine is the opposite, so hideous to look at until you see inside then you are like ZOMG!

lol that sucks, i think id rather have interior problems :) but i did have some ass key the hell out of my drivers door. was pissed at the time but now its just given me an excuse to get that two tone paint job i been wanting.

nosferatudracon
11-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to post in here again to bump this and have it show up in people's subscriptions again. Pop over to the group buy thread if you're interested not too much time left and we don't have anyone confirmed yet. :)

Leatherseats.com Group Buy (http://www.3sgto.org/showthread.php?1696-Group-Buy-Leatherseats.com)