PDA

View Full Version : Electronic suspension?

gsxr1000k2
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Was wondering if there is any way that I can set the suspension to sport and then disconnect them so they stay in sport mode all the time. Anyone have any ideas.

Can this be done manually?

Any Help appreciated.

H, JDM import, TT, AWS, AWD.

Austin@STM
11-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Why do you want to disconnect them?

Fakepower
11-24-2010, 12:03 PM
yes there is ... here's how .. get in car , turn it on, press ECS button ... BAM SPORT MODE everytime you drive it.

Polygon
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
When you disconnect it the system will stay it whatever mode it was in last. But I don't see why you want to as has been pointed out already.

nogreatloss
11-24-2010, 12:14 PM
LOL

On a more serious note, couldnt you just unplug it? ECS or one of the struts to revert them to sport?

EDIT: Question answered.

CoopKill
11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
yes there is ... here's how .. get in car , turn it on, press ECS button ... BAM SPORT MODE everytime you drive it.

LMAO, this ^^

TwIzTeD_3kGt
11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Are you really THAT lazy? It's just a button.

gsxr1000k2
11-24-2010, 07:38 PM
I only asked as the either the contol unit, button or actual suspension units...is playing up... when I turn the key and the battery has been on charge i can change the setting..but if the battery voltage has dropped slightly(which seems to be a problem at the moment) the button doesn't work and it stays in soft mode...so i thought i would try and set it on sport mode and then disconnect them.

$$$PIT
11-24-2010, 07:41 PM
When you disconnect it the system will stay it whatever mode it was in last.

THIS is how I get mine to stay IN tour mode. It throws a CEL (left front actuator) if I hit a bump and goes into limp mode. So, mine has been unplugged for most of the past two yrs. :)

CoopKill
11-24-2010, 09:29 PM
I only asked as the either the contol unit, button or actual suspension units...is playing up... when I turn the key and the battery has been on charge i can change the setting..but if the battery voltage has dropped slightly(which seems to be a problem at the moment) the button doesn't work and it stays in soft mode...so i thought i would try and set it on sport mode and then disconnect them.

This could be a sign of bad caps in the computer...

Should not matter what mode it starts in, if you unplug one it will default to sport.

gsxr1000k2
11-25-2010, 03:31 AM
If I unplug one... how will the auctuator set it to sport if there is no power to the unit.. 3 will end up on on sport and one will be on normal...

Is there a way this can be done/checked manually so i can be sure all four units are in sport mode.

Cheers

gsxr1000k2
11-25-2010, 04:13 AM
Drove the car this morning.. went in to sport mode okay...but on the way back both the tour and sport modes stated flashing together...then went out...

CoopKill
11-25-2010, 11:53 AM
When they flash it should revert to sport mode. I would pull, check and clean all your connectors. It sounds like you have a connection issue. If one connector gets disconnected the computer sees an issue and switches to sport mode.

gsxr1000k2
11-25-2010, 12:50 PM
When they flash it should revert to sport mode. I would pull, check and clean all your connectors. It sounds like you have a connection issue. If one connector gets disconnected the computer sees an issue and switches to sport mode.

Thats what I was thinking its a conector problem... which is why i wanted to set them to sport and just disconnect them for now and then have a proper look at a later time.. but every time i start the car the suspensions starts of in tour mode... which is why i wanted to to do it manually if there is a way...

Thanks for the help