PDA

View Full Version : Iphone question

$$$PIT
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Can someone tell me why, when I plug my Iphone in to play music off the ipod, it only plays on one channel?
I'm wondering if it's a setting on my phone or my stereo. The stereo is a decent Kenwood, can't remember the model right now. But I could check it out if it matters, later.

Thanks

blindmist
11-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Can someone tell me why, when I plug my Iphone in to play music off the ipod, it only plays on one channel?
I'm wondering if it's a setting on my phone or my stereo. The stereo is a decent Kenwood, can't remember the model right now. But I could check it out if it matters, later.

Thanks

Try a different cable. I know it isn't the iPhone. The iPhone wont do mono over 3.5 unless it is the cable that is mono.

stealthify
11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Try a different cable. I know it isn't the iPhone. The iPhone wont do mono over 3.5 unless it is the cable that is mono.

Also, if you have a case on, try taking it off. If the jack isn't plugged in all the way, only one of the two stereo leads will make contact (giving you sound out of only one channel).

$$$PIT
11-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Also, if you have a case on, try taking it off. If the jack isn't plugged in all the way, only one of the two stereo leads will make contact (giving you sound out of only one channel).

I do have a case on it and it does seem to come loose easy. I'll check it without the case on and see if it makes a difference.

reallyxxxxxxloud
11-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Face palm :)

94PearlwhiteTT
11-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Face palm :)

Was it the case?

$$$PIT
11-30-2010, 05:47 PM
NO, I think it is just a cheap cord. I only gave $13 for it. I'm gonna get another one, one of these days. It plays on the driver's side channel so I don't notice it as much as the passenger. :)

J_Parker
11-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Are you using an AUX cable or do you have a USB to directly plug your phone in with an iPod cable? I've found with the AUX cables... They're pieces of shit, especially on the Kenwood decks. Pioneer isn't the greatest for their AUX ports either, I haven't looked into what had been causing the problem, but my best guess would be poorly soldered connections on the port itself. I could wiggle mine around a bit and would sometimes be lucky enough to get both channels :p

$$$PIT
12-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Are you using an AUX cable or do you have a USB to directly plug your phone in with an iPod cable? I've found with the AUX cables... They're pieces of shit, especially on the Kenwood decks. Pioneer isn't the greatest for their AUX ports either, I haven't looked into what had been causing the problem, but my best guess would be poorly soldered connections on the port itself. I could wiggle mine around a bit and would sometimes be lucky enough to get both channels :p

Yeah, I was just using the Ipod port on the front of the deck. There's a possibility I may be upgrading my whole system before spring. So, I'm not goin' to do anything until then.

reallyxxxxxxloud
12-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm glad it wasn't the case then :)