PDA

View Full Version : My ABS delete and main fuse box location

Woz
11-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Well I decided to try something I haven't seen anyone do and I might add it was a BITCH with the motor on. Well I deleted the ABS pump and all the junk with it. Instead of buying kits that everyone sells and I know not everyone wants to, I tried to do it with the lines already there. I cut them with a tube cutter and re-flared them. It wasn't too bad but I definitely knew I was going to have patience for the right side of the proportioning valve. Well here are my pictures of what I did. I also do plan on making my own SS lines but for now I figured I would do this to get the cheapest way possible.

I have seen where people have moved the into the fender wheel well and I just was not about to do that, even knowing I don't drive my car in the rain. I know it will get water on it from just washing if it was in that spot and I am for not that is not for corrosion and what not. So I decided to move it down in place of where the ABS pump lines run to.

Any questions ask! (I also know someone will come on here saying something that isn't right but hey I like criticism!) =)

Oh and btw, my brake lines were like new so that's why I did the ABS delete this way.

Woz
11-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Sorry for it looking dirty :( I hate when anything is dirty!!! Will be cleaned up

TT Eric
11-17-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm thinking of taking the STM delete kit to get rid of the ABS too. About 20lbs I think.

Eric

Woz
11-17-2010, 11:31 PM
ya it is somewhere around there. They have a nice kit for sure, just figured I would do it to show people you can do it with the original lines

x2xtreme360
11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
You made sure to double flare the lines I hope.

Woz
11-17-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm not that big of a noob! haha

Austin@STM
11-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Very interesting, I. Didn't even realize you used the stock lines. When I saw the pic on facebook I thought you found a set of oem non-abs lines to use. Good job!

Woz
11-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Ya figured they were already ran and I will worry about it when I pull my motor to change lines

J_Parker
11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice! Stainless lines would look much better, but that is a very good budgeted mod.

FeaRpb
11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Could you possibly throw together a guide on how you relocated the fuse box for this thread so we can get some data built up in it, also I would like to know as I would love to reroute mine somewhere less cluttered. Possibly put it inside the cab somewhere

lawdogg
12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Looks great! Been looking for a good way to do this using stock hardware.

Woz
12-01-2010, 08:32 PM
See, I didn't want to move my box into the fender like some people have, but I wanted it somewhere easy and accessible to where it would not be anywhere near water. You can move it anywhere you want and I may move it in my trunk sometime in the future, but for now I just wanted it moved elsewhere and sorta hidden. All I did (besides deleting the ABS unit) was cut the tape off the harness going down towards the radiator because they have a plastic guide and with it in restricts it from moving downwards. I got rid of that and re-taped it. I did not have to rewire or add any wire for wear I moved it. I also removed the coolant reservoir and bought a new one off ebay which I may add was such a great buy, very well made, small and chrome. =). It was a very reasonable price also. I put that down lower. I am trying to make my bay the least cluttered I can. Here is a picture of it, sort of hard to see, I will add a better picture later. I am in the process of re-taping everything so it gets rid of that old dirty look. Bye bye old loom and tape! =D

Woz
12-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Here is another picture