PDA

View Full Version : What are the options?

Unknownvr4
11-16-2010, 12:28 PM
What are all our options as far as tuning?

Right now im thinking about doing the Honda AEM EMS but i wanted to search and know all my options before i decided.

I already had Emanage Ultimate and dont really want another piggyback. I've seen Megasquirt mentioned here a few times so whats the deal on that?

The Dimer
11-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Why not just run a 3/S AEM EMS? Otherwise there's SAFC, SAFCII, AFC NEO, MAFT (which should be used with a SAFCII), MAFT Gen 2, MAFT PRO, Emanage Blue, Emanage Ultimate, and ARC-2 all of which are piggy backs. I know there are some other guys running other stand alones besides AEM but if memory serves they are more expensive and aren't plug-and-play. If you want to go stand alone I'd say AEM EMS V2 is your best bet.

Unknownvr4
11-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Which is why id use the honda aem method

Can be gotten cheap and itll work the same as a 3s aem.

I just wanted to see if i was missing anything. Im also trying to look into megasquirt

pos-vr4
11-19-2010, 09:41 AM
well,if your a electronic engineer of some sort, get the megasqurit.

if you are good enough to put one of those together, but u were kinda lazy, then get the Honda EMS.

but frankly the EMS2 it your best bet, you have a proven product and factory support here in the US.

the EMS 2 has inproved driveablilty over the version 1.

if your doing a bolt on car an ARC2 or Maft system might be right up your alley.