PDA

View Full Version : Call for December Car of the Month entries :: FWD 3/S/GTOs!

sixsixfour
11-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Welcome to 3SGTO's Car of the Month!
:Clap:

Each month will be themed with an all in, non 3/S or specific 3/S category. The categories are already picked out and planned through December 2011.

How to enter?
Create a garage page with your car, info, and pictures and then private message me that you want to enter and what your link to your garage is! You can find the garage link at the top of the forum next to "forum." For example: http://www.3sgto.org/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=1

Once all entries are in, a voting thread will be created so that everyone can vote on their favorite for that month!

What does the winner get?
The winner will be added to the 3SGTO home page as well as a forum banner :) There are also some other things to be added for the winner in the future.

What are the categories for each month?
Nov - all 3/S/GTO WINNER :: green-lantern!
Dec - FWD
Jan - 1st gen
Feb - all 3/S/GTO
March - non 3/S/GTO
April - AWD
May - spyder
June - all 3/S/GTO
July - 2nd gen
Aug - all stock
Sept - non 3/S
Oct - all 3/S/GTO
Nov - 3/S/GTO Interior
Dec - all 500+ hp

When is December's deadline?
December 1st!
All entry deadlines will be the 1st of the month you are entering for and the voting thread will extend through the 7th of the month that is being voted on.

Can you clarify some of the monthly categories for us?
ALL 3/S/GTO: As long as your car is a Mitsubishi 3000GT, Dodge Stealth, or Mitsubishi GTO, you can enter it for this category.
FWD: Front Wheel Drivetrains only for this category.
AWD: All Wheel Drivetrains only for this category.
1st Generation: As long as your 3/S/GTO is 1991 - 1993, you can enter for this category.
2nd Generation: As long as your 3/S/GTO is 1994 - 1999, you can enter for this category.
Non 3/S/GTO: All other makes or models, aside from 3/S/GTO's may enter this category.
Spyders: Only 3/S/GTO Spyders can enter this category. This does include Stramans and other non factory convertibles.
All Stock: If your 3/S/GTO is stock or nearly stock, you may enter this category. Nearly stock will be defined as upgraded air filter and wheels are acceptable. If you would like to enter, but aren't sure if you as nearly stock, just send me a PM!
Interior: If your 3/S/GTO has an awesome interior, you can enter your car for this category. This includes stock or modified.
500hp +: If your car is 500hp or more, you may enter your car for this category. Dyno numbers are required for submission. This includes 3/S/GTOs and other makes/models.

Granny
11-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I always said I wouldn't enter car of the month but in the spirt of our new community I'm in for FWD!
Who dares to beat me? LOL
May the best man win.

green-lantern
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I always said I wouldn't enter car of the month but in the spirt of our new community I'm in for FWD!
Who dares to beat me? LOL
May the best man win.

Well I can't compete in this one anymore. :) Good luck Karen!

Mike-92RT
11-15-2010, 11:35 PM
should be a good one!

R/T93
11-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Ahh shit time to charge the battery and give the Stealth a detail! Its been sitting for 6 months, rofl.

Mike-92RT
11-16-2010, 11:28 AM
kinda wish i took some pics of my stealth during the summer.. its hibernating for winter now.

Maximal
11-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Hmm...I might dig up some pics for this.

Austin@STM
11-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Hmm...I might dig up some pics for this.

do it! your car is nice to look at for sure.

DrGonzo
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
To bad I sold my Red 91 Stealth. I would have entered it! Guess I have to wait for the next AWD!

That reminds me I really need to change out my sig pic....LMAO

CoopKill
11-16-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm sure we will see it in the calender Gonzo.

I may have to go buy a FWD just so I can kick Granny's ass for not posting the pink hair!:DevilSmile:

Granny
11-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm sure we will see it in the calender Gonzo.

I may have to go buy a FWD just so I can kick Granny's ass for not posting the pink hair!:DevilSmile:

:ohnoes:

CoopKill
11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
LOL I keed I keed!

Granny
11-18-2010, 09:32 PM
LOL I keed I keed!

So at this point I should throw up something like....
If everyone votes for my car and I win I'll post up pics.

Austin@STM
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM
So at this point I should throw up something like....
If everyone votes for my car and I win I'll post up pics.

and free candy?

CoopKill
11-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm... That just may work!

Granny
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Tempting but it would probably get me disqualified because pics and free candy would be a bribe. :Innocent:
I guess I'll just have to take my chances

CoopKill
11-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Nope not a bribe. Shhhhh, it's called a "contribution"!

$$$PIT
11-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Nope not a bribe. Shhhhh, it's called a "contribution"!

Must be a politician. LOL

J-Groove
11-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Hmmm, I'm getting my FWD-TT ready to sell, this may help with that. :)

-John

Hans@GZP
11-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm in with the car and trailer :)

I'll have to start my page this weekend.

green-lantern
11-19-2010, 09:35 PM
and free candy?

You found out my trick :suspect:

This might be the most epic COTM ever! :toot:

CoopKill
11-19-2010, 09:41 PM
:hum:

That's it! I should have got the local stripper to pose with my car. Maybe I would not have came in last! (Not)

LMAO

green-lantern
11-19-2010, 09:53 PM
:hum:

That's it! I should have got the local stripper to pose with my car. Maybe I would not have came in last! (Not)

LMAO

Your car is still 1st IMHO! but I voted for mine.

CoopKill
11-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey!!!! That's deceitful tactics!:library:

Granny
11-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm in with the car and trailer :)

I'll have to start my page this weekend.

Isn't there some rule it has to be a whole car! LOL

JohnnyTurbo
11-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm in with the cherry, unabused, not molested, 100% original '92 Stealth R/T survivor.

green-lantern
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Isn't there some rule it has to be a whole car! LOL

It's a car and a half lol

Hans@GZP
11-21-2010, 11:18 PM
and a bag of chips!!!!!!

Granny
11-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Oh now it's a car and 1/2!
I guess some people will think that is really cool being flat black and all. :Innocent:
And if the half doesn't have a front how can it be FWD :runaway:

CoopKill
11-22-2010, 02:04 PM
lmao Granny!

bslade
11-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Guess I better learn how to play with a Wiki site. Mine is a single-turbo FWD!

http://members.shaw.ca/bslade/mkmlps2.jpg

Atrosity
11-26-2010, 02:26 PM
bslade, your car seems like a killer highway car!!! Love your set up man!

sixsixfour
11-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Guess I better learn how to play with a Wiki site. Mine is a single-turbo FWD!
No wiki here! Please refer to the first post if you want to enter :p

How to enter?
Create a garage page with your car, info, and pictures and then private message me that you want to enter and what your link to your garage is! You can find the garage link at the top of the forum next to "forum." For example: http://www.3sgto.org/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=1

IPD
11-30-2010, 06:29 AM
does it have to CURRENTLY be FWD, or just have started out that way?

i'm not sure i'm keen on the "random" selection of what qualifies which month. hell, if we're going to have a "spyder" month, why not an "ATX" month? seriously...when was the last time ANY atx won ROTM? has there even been one? i mean, i'll vote for granny JUST BECAUSE OF THAT.

it would almost seem less arbitrary to pick a month for vehicle year--rather than on body style. and having 2, non-3/s months in one calendar year is horses**t, imho.

JohnnyTurbo
11-30-2010, 07:01 AM
I'd agree with only needing one non-3S month. I'd like to see an all original month with the only allowance being a K&N drop in air filter. It is rare to see one of our cars without any mods done to them. Especially now given their age and the fact younger, mod crazy, owners are showing up more in the ownership ranks. JMO.

Oops, my bad, I glossed over "all stock" for August. I had 100% original on my mind.

IPD
11-30-2010, 07:10 AM
I'd agree with only needing one non-3S month. I'd like to see an all original month with the only allowance being a K&N drop in air filter. It is rare to see one of our cars without any mods done to them. Especially now given their age and the fact younger, mod crazy, owners are showing up more in the ownership ranks. JMO.

august.

technically, it should have qualifications on it as well...like OEM stock correct for when it was 1st sold. my car, while technically being 99.5% 3/s stock, is far, far from "stock" in the sense of when it was 1st sold. the rear is technically stock, but it's incorrect for the car. same for the front. same for the engine. same for the drivetrain. :)

sixsixfour
11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
does it have to CURRENTLY be FWD, or just have started out that way?
All rules apply to how the car CURRENTLY is.

i'm not sure i'm keen on the "random" selection of what qualifies which month. hell, if we're going to have a "spyder" month, why not an "ATX" month? seriously...when was the last time ANY atx won ROTM? has there even been one? i mean, i'll vote for granny JUST BECAUSE OF THAT.
Categories for each month has actually gone over quite well so far.

it would almost seem less arbitrary to pick a month for vehicle year--rather than on body style.
1st gen & 2nd gen are based on vehicle year.

and having 2, non-3/s months in one calendar year is horses**t, imho.
It was requested by several members to have something for the non 3/S members.

august.

technically, it should have qualifications on it as well...like OEM stock correct for when it was 1st sold. my car, while technically being 99.5% 3/s stock, is far, far from "stock" in the sense of when it was 1st sold. the rear is technically stock, but it's incorrect for the car. same for the front. same for the engine. same for the drivetrain. :)
I would not consider my car stock if the only things I changed were my front end to 99 & my spoiler to 96. It's a modification to the car even though it is with stock parts from another 3/S.

I know that no matter what COTM brings, you will not be satisfied.

IPD
11-30-2010, 10:17 PM
nothing personal, cty--and i mean that.

i went for years on 3si watching the same cars win, all HDR pics. many, many worthy entries were never crowned. i would like to see that improved.

i await the coming months to see if this new system works better than before. and i stand by my assertion that we need an ATX month.

bslade
12-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Mine is an ATX AND FWD :)

dfoster101
12-01-2010, 01:52 AM
so does it have to currently be in the same state/shape as is in the pic of it ... in other words i hit a deer after i took the pics of it ...

sixsixfour
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
nothing personal, cty--and i mean that.
:)

i went for years on 3si watching the same cars win, all HDR pics. many, many worthy entries were never crowned. i would like to see that improved.
That was the goal of creating categories here. We wanted to give certain groups of cars the best chance at a fair race for certain months, as well as give a little something different to COTM. The problem with the other site & this site is that I can't control who enters and who votes, what their tastes are, etc. Getting submissions over there was like pulling teeth and I can't choose the submissions myself, that was up to the owners.

i await the coming months to see if this new system works better than before. and i stand by my assertion that we need an ATX month.
Fair enough. What do you think about replacing one of the non 3/S months with an ATX month? And do you think we'd have enough submissions to create competition?

Mine is an ATX AND FWD :)
:bigok:

so does it have to currently be in the same state/shape as is in the pic of it ... in other words i hit a deer after i took the pics of it ...
That's a good question. No, I don't think in that case it needs to. My statement before is referring to cars that post pictures/story of a previous set up or post/pre modifications. I can't have a car/pictures enter that used to have a single turbo set up & Cianci parts, but then was stripped because the turbo blew and is now a stock set up and a Pitroad M hood. Does that make sense? Accidents happen (like the deer).

I usually close threads after the submission deadline has been met, but I would like to keep it open a little while longer for the discussion of these topics :)

Voting thread will be up tonight!!!

green-lantern
12-01-2010, 05:03 PM
:)
Voting thread will be up tonight!!!

Can't wait to see who all entered.

IPD
12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
i fully support taking one of the non-3/s months & replacing it with an "atx only" month. and if there aren't enough submissions, then we can do away with it in the future.

sixsixfour
12-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Alright, I'll edit the months when I post the voting thread tonight :)

ictponder
12-07-2010, 06:13 PM
I guess I should have paid more attention to this forum as it's probably the only chance my car would have lol.