PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control delete/ AC fuse box relocation

Woz
11-07-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't see anything written up on here about it so I thought I'd share what I did.
Cruise control:
I used the same cable off the throttle and hooked it to my gas pedal. I had to file the one end down to fit the nut threw it. It also helped fit into the yellow clip on the gas pedal easier. I sliced the clip with a razor knife so I could take the old cable off and insert the new one. The rest is just unbolting and getting rid of the junk. I also moved the connector for the power steering tucked up under the wheel well. Now I have no wires showing at all on the driver side =) I know people will prolly hate me for this, but I just cut the wires for the cruise control and for the horn. I made them long enough in case I ever use it again but I don't plan on it so I chose to get rid of it.
Now for the AC fuse box, I took the box out and wired it into the driver side fender. No extending wires or anything. I re taped the wiring for the box and shoved it through where the main harness goes through. I plan on getting rid of the SRS so I removed the sensor and mounted it there.14411442144314441445

Austin@STM
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I approve this message :p

NOMIEZVR4
11-08-2010, 11:49 PM
good stuff...I'm going to do the exact same thing...thanks!

Woz
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
no problem! =)

MaxClass
11-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Only possible problem I can see is the possibility of moisture getting into the A/C fuse box due to rain being thrown up into that area from the drivers side tire. Make sure you replace the cover over the oil cooler and it may be alright. Clean

Woz
11-11-2010, 10:49 PM
i know people are prolly saying that in their head but i don't drive my car in the rain so i dont really have to worry about it. only time i have to worry about it is when i wash my car. i was thinking about making my own panel to go around it anyways just to be safe.

jba3
11-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I did the CC delete without half of that work. I used two oil line clamps/clips and just used the wire that comes straight out of the firewall and put it directly into the throttle body. It fits a little loose, but once it's in and has tension, it's fine. Around 15-20k since doing it, zero issues.

Good writeup.

KeithMac
11-14-2010, 02:01 PM
^^^ I was going to try that, you can actually get plastic clips that go over the cable end to make it a little larger (they use them on some motorcycle control cables).

J. Fast
03-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Is there a model or year of 3/S that did not come with cruise?

anyonebutme
03-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Is there a model or year of 3/S that did not come with cruise?

yes, but that cable is super long and pointless.

I use the CC box to throttle cable, installed to pedal directly.

terrets
03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
yes, but that cable is super long and pointless.

I use the CC box to throttle cable, installed to pedal directly.

Works great.

J. Fast
03-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Just punch it thru the firewall and swap it for the yellow tab?

terrets
03-14-2012, 02:02 AM

Wait, I used the cable that goes from the pedal into the CC box and just unbolted it from the firewall and turned it 180..

mb3000
03-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Yes, cut the tab in half and slide it off the old one, and onto the new one. I would use a couple washers on the firewall as well.

jba3
03-24-2012, 12:53 AM
Wait, I used the cable that goes from the pedal into the CC box and just unbolted it from the firewall and turned it 180..

Exactly what I did too.