PDA

View Full Version : Gene's Performance Resolution for your SMIC GB

J. Fast
11-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm starting this dispute resolution thread regarding a transaction made with a site vendor who's been unable to provide an order that's been paid for and not been filled in nearly 4 months. I've paid Gene's Performance a large sum of money and I would like the issue resolved. I entered an agreement with Gene's Performance on July 13, 2010 when I deposited money towards a Side Mount Intercooler w/ Shrouding Group Buy. Obviously I'm posting here because it's been nearly 120 days and I havent recieved my parts which were promised to arrive within 30 days upon reciept of full payment. To this date I still have not been issued a revised delivery date in writing.

I have deposited and paid in full to the vendor, Gene's Performance, the sum of $1100 and would like this sites assistance in working towards a resoultion. I'm open to working things out instead of stirring crap up and hope that you will comment here, Gene. From a customer standpoint it's clear from a lack of communication that the vendor needs some help with is over-committing and under-delivering.

Moderators, the transaction origination point was 3si, a dispute resolution thread regarding interested party's has been opened by a 3si moderator and being addressed on their site however, I do not have site posting permissions to speak on my own behalf on 3si so I'm hoping this site will assist me in the resolution process.

Gene, no more excuses, lies, or bullcrap, where are my parts? When are you going to ship them?

I will give you 30 days to resolve this before I post a negative vendor review, file a complaint with the FTC, issue complaints to the BBB's where your business resides, and take legal action.

According to the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines:

"Under federal law, you’re required to advertise your product or service and the terms of the sale honestly and accurately.

You are required to ship merchandise within the time frame specified, or within 30 days, if a time frame is not specified. If you can’t meet the shipping commitment, you must give the buyer an opportunity to agree to the new shipping date or cancel the order for a full refund."

Should this be resolved within 30 days, I will ask this thread disappear.

J. Fast

Gene
11-06-2010, 01:03 PM
jeremy you have my # you are welcome to call me at any time if you have any questions.
i am aiming to send your kit out by the end of next week.

J. Fast
11-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Gene,

Put my delivery date in writing.

Alan92RTTT
11-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Partied not involved in the transaction that post in this thread will have their forum access suspended.

J. Fast
11-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Again, a very simple customer service request. Please provide me a delivery date in writing.

Gene
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
jeremy please give me a ring 559-250-2980

Gene
11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
as we agreed on the phone last night, by thanksgiving you should have your kit bud.

J. Fast
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Sounds good to me, I accept the terms. Keep your head up and things will make a turn for the best, Gene.

J. Fast
11-19-2010, 12:03 AM
How are we doing on this Gene? Thanksgiving's in one week...

wraith
11-21-2010, 09:30 PM
How many resolution threads are there? :) I think he said everybody was supposed to get theirs by Thanksgiving.

Alan92RTTT
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
When I said uninvolved parties will be suspended I was not joking.

J. Fast
11-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Gene, I would like an answer...

Gene
11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
shipping it out today J.

J. Fast
11-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Please PM me a tracking number when you have a min.

Thank You.

J. Fast
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Alright... now your torqing me off. When we last spoke you said they were done but you didn't have a car so you couldn't ship anything. Today I read this... http://www.3sgto.org/showthread.php?2511-TONS-of-performance-parts-fs!

How on earth are these people going to get there stuff?

I would like either You or a Mod to send me your business contact information and a Statement of Current Standing or Secretary of State Report for the Business that specifies legal responsibility.

I'm going to give you one last chance to come thru Eugene. On Wednesday I will have my attorney draft a Demand Letter and Complaint and then it will be court time. The End.

Gene
11-29-2010, 04:05 PM
if you have access to 3si somehow you could see in my resolution thread that my grandma passed away and my brother had a really bad concussion so i have been away.

J. Fast
11-30-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this, I will never visit 3si again so this is new news to me. Your business with me is here now. We had a deal and it was on your terms, you set the delivery date and it has come and gone yet again.

Why is it I keep having to call you when you're the one who owes me? It would be a whole hell of a lot more professional if you could pro-actively call your customers (especially the ones whom you owe dollars in terms of thousands to). Might I remind you another member in my chapter is in to you for damn near $3000 too!

In a very short while I will be posting a Legal Demand Letter and Complaint, the same you will be handed. I would suggest you comply to the demand letter or you will be required to show up in court. The objective facts will be laid out, you can tell your side and then we'll let 'the man' drop the hammer.

We can talk on the phone and yada yada but you have taken my MONEY and have not one thing to show for it! You've had almost 5 months to get this done on your own time and since it wasn't that big of a priority to you now we're going to do this on my time and unfortunately the hard way.

Firmly put... Pick up your tools and get it done Gene.

Gene
11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
you know, when a close relative passes away, business is not the first thing on my mind. sorry that i put family before business. your kit is done and im shipping it out tomorrow.

J. Fast
12-13-2010, 09:14 AM
I see that you are going to force some hands on this. I had my final discussion with J regarding this situation. This next coming weekend I will be making a road trip with J. Elkins to come see you and I hope you have our parts. If you do not cough up the parts your business with 3000gt members will likely be finished and you will be handed papers via a LEO before we leave. Not a joke...

Tracking number or personal visit. You have 7 days.

Jeremy

Jason
12-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Jer, here is our tracking numbers. Gene is shipping your kit to my address. I believe each number represents 2 boxes, one box are the intercoolers and the other box the shrouds.

wraith
12-27-2010, 09:32 PM
So, does anyone know where these things stand? I saw that some people got theres. Does Eugene need shipping money to get them out?

Sam

J. Fast
12-29-2010, 02:49 PM
I have no clue as to what the status of your order is Sam. I can tell you Jason recieved some of our parts, according to him not everything was shipped. To my knowledge the shrouding is missing and I haven't asked him if he recieved the additional items he ordered so who knows.

J literally had the truck packed up and ready for a road trip to TX and let Gene know and "poof" suddenly we had tracking numbers within an hour or so. I can't say wether or not that was based on what we may have stumbled on if we showed up or if it was based on another 3/S board relationship.

Sorry I can't be of any help. After the fast talk I knew how this was going to play out and one word sums it all up, "ugly". Maybe someday we'll get our shrouding, and maybe we won't. It's up to Gene.

Best of luck Sam.

wraith
12-31-2010, 02:21 PM
I PMd Gene but got no response from him but he read the PM. I volunteered to send him more cash for shipping but like I said, no response.

J. Fast
01-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Soooo, how bout that shrouding Gene? It's sad in knowing you really did rip us off!

Let's be honest here Gene. You falsely advertized your product and victimized myself aswell as others. You took all of our money, spent it, and left us holding the bag. You embezzled all that damn money and walk free on the street and probably act like it's no big deal. It's sad to know you're living your adult years and doing this shit (which makes this even sadder).

First and foremost, I'm a fool for trusting you with my money, a perfect stranger whom I've never met. Second, seeing the name of a known defalcator in the vendor section of this board really pisses me off. This vendor needs to be removed, what this guy did is damn criminal and he should of been charged with embezzlement.

As far as I'm concerned, the rest of my money is long gone. Keep the money Gene, you can pay for a pity party or a pallet of dog shit pickup bags.

My review of Gene. He embezzled money from myself and another member of my Colorado Chapter. He was a 100% dishonest seller and falsely advertised his product. He had terrible customer service and is unable to draft a product delivery schedule. He over commits and under delivers, and will make getting your custom parts to you a priority when he's not building welding tables, working on his DSM, riding his motorcycle, or waiting for a taxi to come buy and take your parts to FedEx because he doesn't own a car.

Buyer beware, this seller delivers!

Jason
01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
the last of the SMIC kits will be shipped out asap. i have 2 kits complete right now that i will get out by the end of the week and then the rest hopefully next week.
shrouds for already mailed kits will also be sent out by the end of this week.

Jeremy, this was posted on 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM. Sorry, I forgot you can't see updates on the other thread.

Jason
01-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Quick update...Gene just called me and he's shipping out our shrouds now. Hopefully we'll have them by the weekend or early next week. I'll let you know once they arrive or when Gene gives me a tracking number. Hold tight Jeremy, there's light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Gene
01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
I have no clue as to what the status of your order is Sam. I can tell you Jason recieved some of our parts, according to him not everything was shipped. To my knowledge the shrouding is missing and I haven't asked him if he recieved the additional items he ordered so who knows.

J literally had the truck packed up and ready for a road trip to TX and let Gene know and "poof" suddenly we had tracking numbers within an hour or so. I can't say wether or not that was based on what we may have stumbled on if we showed up or if it was based on another 3/S board relationship.

Sorry I can't be of any help. After the fast talk I knew how this was going to play out and one word sums it all up, "ugly". Maybe someday we'll get our shrouding, and maybe we won't. It's up to Gene.

Best of luck Sam.

dont flatter yourself jeremy. either of you are more than welcome to come down whenever, i am not afraid of anyone/anything so lets drop that game.

that said, your stuff is out on delivery so you are good to go.

i feel terrible it went this way but nothing i can do about it now.

J. Fast
01-22-2011, 03:49 PM
I appreciate you stepping up. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I was no angel in the past either, frankly I did some dipshit things myself (alright, HUGE DIPSHIT THINGS :D ). I'll be the first to admit it takes alot to own up to our own actions, identify personal flaws, and change attitudes. I accept your apology and appreciate you not leaving me hanging on this deal. It's taken alot of self reflection and time for me to make attitude changes in my life so I know how hard it is to go thru. Hopefully my efforts and actions reflect positive attitude changes and people recognize that I'm a different person now. I sincerely wish you grow as a person from this experience and make some personal attitude changes in the future. We can dwell on the past, live there, and never move forward, or we can make grow as people and change the future. We all make mistakes, this is settled, and it's time to move on.

Your buyer feedback will come from your actions in the future, not from me here as I have no seller feedback to leave for you. Best of luck to you Gene, may you live by your word. Remember you can never run away from your past, but you can look back with a new sense of self and make attitude changes that prove your never going back.

Jeremy

Gene
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM
thanks.

Jason
01-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Hey Jeremy,

Wife called and said a big box arrived today. I'm assuming that is our shrouds. I'll keep you posted and if you want to come get them, just let me know. You are welcome to get them now or I can bring them to you but not till I'm back in town (which might be a few weeks). Just let me know.

Jason

OBXBoost
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Eugene,
I have been being nice and extremely patient. Here's what I'm finally coming up with.

I would like for you to post or PM me a list of the parts (manufacturer or source and part numbers) needed to connect my SMICs to my stock IC hoses. This includes but is not limited to silicon couplers, reducers/enlargers, necessary nuts and bolts for the shrouds and all clamps needed. Along with that information, I want the cost broken down for each piece.

After that is all said and done, I want a refund in the total amount of all parts I need.

Your non-response attitude to everything I have asked has made me very upset and I have been more than patient. I am giving you until February 25th, 2011 (this FRIDAY) to comply. Enough is enough.

I also figure that if I make this post so that you can't miss it, you can't say you didn't read it.

guido1205us
03-31-2011, 04:52 PM
So, this was resolved eh? Guessing I'm going to need to start another thread as I'm also out $2095 with no updates on the other site.

J. Fast
03-31-2011, 06:30 PM
It's his resolution thread, post away. Is this for the SMIC group buy or something else? Post the terms of the deal. I'm stayin out of it as my stuff is resolved. If there's anything wrong with it when I decide to install it, I'll just do it myself.

guido1205us
03-31-2011, 07:23 PM
SMIC group buy - cores + shroud + piping, polished w/black couplings. I was one of the first to sign up and pay.

I'm trying to get in all the necessary info together, letter of complaints, etc to BBB/AG before he closes up shop. I'm also looking into small claims. Hopefully he'll have to haul all this unresolved baggage around with him no matter where he goes.

J. Fast
03-31-2011, 09:04 PM
He's closing his shop? This is new news to me.

guido1205us
03-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah.

I have been thinking about this situation a lot and i have come to a decision.
I am closing down the shop. I have been dishonest to myself first, thinking i could turn this around by myself but i realized now that i cant do it. So i am finishing up the cars i have in the shop right now and going to work for an already established performance shop. I havent made ANY money in the last few months so i am completely dry right now, in the negative in fact. Once i start my job at the other shop i will have to start paying back the guys that i wasnt able to finish their stuff, so please, if you paid me for something and i havent gotten it done post here in a list and i will figure out a payment deal to get you guys your money back.
I havent been running the business properly and i cant blame that on anyone but myself so im just trying to put a stop to it before it gets any worse, if there is such a thing as any worse than this.
if mods will allow i will post up a bunch of parts i have that i will be liquidating to gather up some $$ to refund you guys quicker.
not sure what else to say, i've been battling over this for awhile but i think this is the best thing to do right now.

J. Fast
04-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Holy Shit!

OBXBoost
09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
BTW, he's closed "Gene's Performance" and opened another fabrication shop under a different name now.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
classic

its ironic because he shipped my DLI I ordered from him like instantly. I was really happy

Vantage
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
classic

its ironic because he shipped my DLI I ordered from him like instantly. I was really happy

Yep, he shipped my stuff extremely quickly and I got it no issues. Hopefully everything worked out for everyone else in the end..

rossfashow
03-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know how I can get a hold of him? He isn't answering text messages, AIM, PM's, and phone calls. It's very important. He has over $12k worth of my parts and I want them back so I can part my car out.

keo92stealth
03-28-2012, 10:16 PM
man 12k worth of parts and someone else has them? your crazy lol. they guy would have got a visit by now. i went thru the same thing with stupid ass jesse at ssm. waited for like 6 months for my shit that i never got lol. bank took care of that though. man get your money back asap. and why are you parting the car out? i you dont mind me asking?

rossfashow
03-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Because I want an evo x or brz STi. And I don't know anyone that wants to build my car from the ground up locally. I feel like I got fucked over for trusting him. I just want to start over. And he won't return my calls. That single turbo kit he tested on was my car. And that was all my mods that I paid for.

TurboSinceBirth
03-28-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't mean to stir the pot but I think he may have already sold your turbo. I can check it back out again and hope it was another PTE turbo he sold awhile back. He sold parts off an Evo he was working on too so do what you can to try and contact him is all I can say.

J. Fast
03-28-2012, 11:21 PM
No way, not again, that was 2 years ago! Gene... WTF? Fix it dude...

rossfashow
03-28-2012, 11:35 PM
I'll give him benefit of the doubt

mb3000
03-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Damn shame.

keo92stealth
03-29-2012, 12:50 AM
man you have to do something asap. selling parts off others peoples cars isnt cool at all.

rossfashow
03-29-2012, 01:26 AM
So am I screwed?

vroom4
03-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Hes on facebook daily.