PDA

View Full Version : Chrome ECU - VE Table Tuning Confusion - Greg E

DrGonzo
11-25-2017, 09:07 PM
So I need to get a straight answer on this as it is driving me nuts. In the MAF smoothing "VE Table" which directions does what??

In Greg E's doc here he contradicts himself as to which does which - > http://www.3sgto.org/threads/10775-How-to-tune-your-3-S-using-Chrome-and-a-Flash-ECU

so if your low trims are negative, you need to take away from the numbers in the 100hz cells and below. If they are positive, you need to increase the numbers.

Later on he states:

Say, for example, your Low trim Front is -10.6% and your Low trim rear is -2.8%. We want to get that front trim back above -5% but not going so far that it brings the rear trim out of spec either. What this means is we want to add at least 6% more of fuel to bring that trim within spec.

So in both cases the trims are negative, one example he is adding to the VE table and the other he is removing from the VE table.... Which is which!!

Unlogic
11-26-2017, 02:02 PM
Higher values in the VE table means more fuel. If the trims on your LCDBC read below 100 reduce the values in the VE table for that range.

DrGonzo
11-26-2017, 05:34 PM
Yeah I talked to Greg E about it on facebook and he mentioned the mistake. The problem is the forum will not allow him to go back and edit the post to correct it. Going to try and reach out to Alan to fix the issue.

2fnloud
11-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Yeah I talked to Greg E about it on facebook and he mentioned the mistake. The problem is the forum will not allow him to go back and edit the post to correct it. Going to try and reach out to Alan to fix the issue.

He is on Vaycay, it could be a bit.

DrGonzo
11-28-2017, 08:36 AM
He's always on Vacation..... :p

Greg E
11-29-2017, 05:27 PM
He is on Vaycay, it could be a bit.

Took a vacation 2 months ago... first one in 2 years!

FluffyCow
06-14-2018, 07:26 AM
sort of necro bump here. trims pegged at +12.5% in evoscan. should I be adding to ve or subtracting? I took some away based on the stickied post, but now I'm thinking I should be adding?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Greg E
06-14-2018, 05:00 PM
You should be adding.

FluffyCow
06-14-2018, 05:04 PM
You should be adding.That explains why my wb went richer after I took away. all that's moot till I get an afpr that works though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk