PDA

View Full Version : tranny problems

carmiencke
10-19-2010, 01:13 AM
SO my 90 gs is having isuues with the tranny is having issues. The clutch all of sudden has no pressure in it. I have to press it in about 6 times before i get any pressure so i can take it out of gear or put it in. When it looses pressure the clutch wont disingage. My guess it is either the slave master cylinder or the master. Any input is appreciated. Btw i didnt know were i should post this.

blindmist
10-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Slave. 100% positive.

carmiencke
10-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Thats what i was sorta leaning towards. Is there anything i could do to inspect it to make sure though?

blindmist
10-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Thats what i was sorta leaning towards. Is there anything i could do to inspect it to make sure though?

Pop the hood and look at the slave cylinder. There will be fluid all over. If not, add fluid and try again. Although, you might just have a shit load of air in the lines. If you aren't losing fluid, this is probably the case and you need to bleed your clutch. But, if this is all of a sudden, I HIGHLY doubt air is in the lines.

Austin@STM
10-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Pop the hood and look at the slave cylinder. There will be fluid all over. If not, add fluid and try again. Although, you might just have a shit load of air in the lines. If you aren't losing fluid, this is probably the case and you need to bleed your clutch. But, if this is all of a sudden, I HIGHLY doubt air is in the lines.

Very true. There will be a wetspot somewhere from the fluid being shot out, make sure you clean it all up ASAP as brake fluid will eat through paint.
Also check inside around the clutch pedal on the firewall it may be leaking back there as well.

Echo419
10-19-2010, 10:51 AM
the clutch hose could have a hole in it. are you losing fluid?

carmiencke
10-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Very true. There will be a wetspot somewhere from the fluid being shot out, make sure you clean it all up ASAP as brake fluid will eat through paint.
Also check inside around the clutch pedal on the firewall it may be leaking back there as well.

Well ive looked and i see no leaks plus the resevoir is still full. I will have to double check just to make sure. I also found out that brake fluid eats your paint the hard way. I was not happy lol.

Atrosity
10-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Doesn't brake fluid evaporate quick in the hot engine bay?

blindmist
10-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Doesn't brake fluid evaporate quick in the hot engine bay?

Not that I can tell. I did a fella's brakes the other day and the oil residue is still in the bay 2 days later after he has put 300 miles on it already. He has lost a seal on the caliper and the wheel through it all around the engine bay. I could be wrong.

Alex3000gt
10-19-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/Jay-Z.jpg
If you havin' tranny problems, I feel bad for you son.

I got 99 problems but a DSM aint one.

mb3000
10-19-2010, 10:03 PM

:lol: Hilarious

carmiencke
10-20-2010, 02:22 AM

Haha thats awsome.