PDA

View Full Version : aem v2 and 3.5 map

napkinthief
10-02-2016, 11:26 AM
so ive installed the v2 but the map sensor isnt working properly.

its getting 5v and is grounded to the last pin (72?) on the ecu. the signal is tapped to the corresponding input on the aem.

its reading -4psi only, and doesnt change with throttle.

when unplugged, the aem reading fluctuates with throttle

removing it now to do a test off the car, anyone had this issue??

napkinthief
10-02-2016, 12:10 PM
adding,

im only seeing 2.4v between pin 61 and 72 (sensors +5v and ground) is there a setting to change or faulty ecu? i just bought this thing brand new....

RealMcCoy
10-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Are we working on a 1st or 2nd gen?

napkinthief
10-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Are we working on a 1st or 2nd gen?

first gen 30-6311 aem

RealMcCoy
10-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Ok, you need to find out if the issue is in the reference voltage or ground... Is there 5v at pin61 checking at a body ground? If not, you need to find out if it's being pulled down by something or not being generated...

If the problem is in the ground side, you need to find out if the problem is before, after, or in the ECU.

It could possibly be the ecu, but it could easily be many other things that need to be eliminated.

napkinthief
10-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Ok, you need to find out if the issue is in the reference voltage or ground... Is there 5v at pin61 checking at a body ground? If not, you need to find out if it's being pulled down by something or not being generated...

If the problem is in the ground side, you need to find out if the problem is before, after, or in the ECU.

It could possibly be the ecu, but it could easily be many other things that need to be eliminated.

pin 61 to body ground is the same voltage as ground on pin 72

so i individually unplugged sensors one by one and it seems the map is dropping the voltage to 2.4v.....

wonder if it has some internal short?

napkinthief
10-05-2016, 10:26 AM
this has been resolved.

tested with the same sensor from a friends car, and the voltage was the same. my sensor on his car worked fine.

ended up having the +5 and grounds reversed to the map sensor wiring. its was confused by looking at the harness, not the sensor when wiriing it in.

working well now, thanks