PDA

View Full Version : Hatch removal

BjornRune
10-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Hey all,

I'm about to replace the hatch and was wondering how to disconnect the wiring harness from the hatch? The service manual said to disconnect the plug at the rear of the hatch itself and I assume pull the harness out of the hatch? If that is the best way to do it, is it hard to run the harness back in to the new hatch?
Is there a plug inside the car that might be easier to disconnect instead?

Oh and another thing, how is the hoop end pieces mounted to the car from the factory? Are there bolts/nuts accessible from the trunk?

Austin@STM
10-18-2010, 10:35 AM
If the new hatch doesnt have wires in it then yes you will have to pull them all the way out, and yes it will be a pain to get them back in.

There is a connector, if you cant see it with the hatch open, then it is inside under the headliner, or the plastic 1/4 panel trim (it been a while since i ripped mine out). There is a plug though for sure.

-Austin@STM

BjornRune
10-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Allright, thanks bud :)

I already took a peek under the headliner but couldn't see the plug. I did not look that much into it though, as I didn't bother to remove the quarterpanel in case it would be a dead end. I hate removing 1/4 panels haha

Austin@STM
10-18-2010, 05:53 PM
ya i agree, i took them off and never put them back on :p