PDA

View Full Version : 2016 3S National Gathering Mega Thread

Alan92RTTT
04-02-2016, 01:15 AM
All of the information you need(that we've released) in one place. This thread will be updated as information is finalized.

What: The 3000GT/Stealth National Gathering is the largest 3S specific event in the world. This is a full auto event not just a car show. We have driving events , A Car show, A T-Shirt created for the event. A Special discount rate on hotel, and an awards banquet to top it off. We've also got a huge raffle with prizes from all sponsors and several smaller events.

When: June 21 - 26, 2016
Where: Indianapolis, In
Register for the 2016 3S National Gathering (http://www.3sng.org/signup/)
Whos Coming (http://www.3sng.org/signup/summary.php)

Event Sponsors:

Title: 3SX Performance www.3sx.com
AutoCross:
Banquet:
Car Show:
Road Course:

Gold Sponsors:

Associate Sponsors:

Schedule:
Tuesday, June 21rd

Wednesday, June 22th

Autocross at Lucas Oil Raceway Park

Thursday, June 23th

Go Karts at Fastimes Indoor Karting Marketing www,ftik.com

Friday, June 24th

Saturday, June 25th

Road Course @ Putnam Raceway Park

Sunday, June 26th

Head home
2nd day Road Course @ Putnam Raceway Park(costs extra)

We have not finalized pricing yet for 2016.

Hotel rooms:
$93.5 per room.

** City Voting credits
Several of you are due credits on your NG registration because of the City voting poll.

If you are due a credit, you need to do the following to have your credits applied.
1) Register, checkout and go all of the way to the payment screen.
2) Do not pay.
3) Contact Alan and he will provide further instructions. alan@3sgto.org

Zucchini
04-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Great News! Can't wait.
Not sure what you guys are planning for Thursday and Friday. I imagine one of those days is reserved for the car show. I'm totally not opposed to having another off-day like we did last year. It was fun to have a day to just explore and do whatever.

2fnloud
04-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Paid!!

2fnloud
04-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Also SA-2010 helmets are now expired correct?

2fnloud
04-06-2016, 06:41 PM
What kind of helmet do I need?

Helmets are an essential part of performance driving and must be within strict standards. There is only one reason for this; It May Save Your Life.
All helmets must be in good condition and must meet at least a SA2000, SA2005 or newer. There are no exceptions to this rule. We may or may not have loaner helmets available so make sure you bring your own. The SA rating ensures the helmet is provided with a level of flame protection. Motorcycle helmets do not provide this protection.
Passengers must meet the same helmet requirements as the driver.
Why wear Snell-certified helmets?
The protective capability of a particular helmet is difficult to measure. One can quickly judge a helmet for style and price, and with only a little effort for fit and comfort as well. It is much more difficult to gauge what a helmet can do when someone's skill, experience and every other precaution have failed, when his helmet's the only thing between his head and a violent collision. Snell Certification is our assurance that a helmet has measured up to the highest standards for protective performance time and again.

Why should you replace your helmet every five years?
The 5-year replacement recommendation is based on a consensus by both the helmet manufacturers and the Snell Foundation. Glues, resins and other materials used in helmet production over time can affect liner materials. Hair oils, body fluids and cosmetics, as well as normal "wear and tear" all contribute to helmet degradation. Petroleum based products present in cleaners, paints, fuels and other commonly encountered materials may also degrade materials used in many helmets possibly degrading performance. Additionally, experience indicates there will be a noticeable improvement in the protective characteristic of helmets over a 5-year period due to advances in materials, designs, production methods and the standards.

These are acceptable SNELL helmet stickers. Will be found inside your helmet.

Can we get a confirmation on this please?

Alan92RTTT
04-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Clothing requirements:
Long sleeve shirts
Long pants
Closed shoes

Preferably SA rated helmet, 2005 or better but we will accept DOT helmets if that is all they have. I also have some rental helmets

If very hot, I sometimes allow short sleeve shirts to prevent heat exhaustion. I will make that call at the time of the event.

Still gathering some details RC info post coming soon.

2fnloud
04-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bill from 10/10ths
Clothing requirements:
Long sleeve shirts
Long pants
Closed shoes

Preferably SA rated helmet, 2005 or better but we will accept DOT helmets if that is all they have. I also have some rental helmets

Shirts and pants should be cotton based.
If very hot, I sometimes allow short sleeve shirts to prevent heat exhaustion. I will make that call at the time of the event.

Note clothing type preference.

But that is cool, my helmet is good for another year....awesome.

TLVDoghouse
04-06-2016, 07:59 PM
How are credits from last year being run?

Sponsor link?

Alan92RTTT
04-06-2016, 08:06 PM
** City Voting credits
Several of you are due credits on your NG registration because of the City voting poll.

If you are due a credit, you need to do the following to have your credits applied.
1) Register, checkout and go all of the way to the payment screen.
2) Do not pay.
3) Contact Alan and he will provide further instructions. alan@3sgto.org

B-Man
04-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Still gathering some details RC info post coming soon.

Cool, so it sounds like SnellM is fine as long as it's DOT.

green-lantern
04-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Paid for RC, thanks for the email Alan! I was getting ready to bitch you hadn't PMed me back lol

Alan92RTTT
04-26-2016, 10:06 PM
You should know I'd take care of you

futurevr4man
04-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Gokarts are Thursday, yeah?

Also, I emailed you.

green-lantern
04-27-2016, 05:50 PM
You should know I'd take care of you

:bigthumb: Thanks, I do

I posted on 3si but we never seem to get much traction there. Seems like most of the people that go post here, FB or have moved on.

Alan92RTTT
04-27-2016, 07:56 PM
Thanks Paul

Anyone that can please post to the thread Paul made on 3si. It will help .

anyonebutme
04-28-2016, 12:02 AM
Anybody else notice the date mismatch in the 1st post?

green-lantern
04-28-2016, 06:05 PM
You mean 2015? Yeah, it kept me screwed up. I assume Alan used the same address as last year for the site. IDK but when I googled "NG national gathering" it showed up as 2015 also. I wasn't sure if I was signing up for the right event lol.

anyonebutme
04-28-2016, 09:16 PM
No, not what I mean, but Alan knew what I meant and fixed it.

Alan92RTTT
04-28-2016, 11:19 PM
Where did you see 2015?

TLVDoghouse
04-29-2016, 01:44 PM
I was psyched to be 2016 rookie with car ready and willing to take last place in bout everything. A definite improvement to last year's mechanical failure. This sucks- got an ankle fracture! Considering finding a driver or flying in and renting ATX. Doesn't look good...

there's nothing wrong with being in the doghouse

DocWalt
04-29-2016, 03:54 PM
I was psyched to be 2016 rookie with car ready and willing to take last place in bout everything. A definite improvement to last year's mechanical failure. This sucks- got an ankle fracture! Considering finding a driver or flying in and renting ATX. Doesn't look good...

:( Won't get healed up well enough to drive in ~2 months?

TLVDoghouse
04-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Doing the big black boot for 6 weeks. Ace bandage for the drive. Backed out of RC as it just doesn't seem safe for a novice. AutoX- I'll know when we get there. All I need is brakes and gas.

green-lantern
04-30-2016, 08:35 PM
Where did you see 2015?

When I search "3s national gathering" it says 2015 but now at least it says 2016 when you click on it. I don't remember it saying 2016 before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=3s+national+gathering&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

TLVDoghouse
04-30-2016, 11:55 PM
When I search "3s national gathering" it says 2015 but now at least it says 2016 when you click on it. I don't remember it saying 2016 before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=3s+national+gathering&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
It's in Paul's first posting in 3SI. It links to 2016.

DocWalt
05-25-2016, 08:51 AM
:bump:

DK77
06-07-2016, 12:06 AM
So should I plan on leaving early Sunday morning like I did at NG14 or will there be anything going on that day (other than 2nd day of road course)?

DocWalt
06-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Plan on leaving Sunday morning... at least that's what I'm doing.

Uniuno
06-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Hey Alan,

Want to update the first post with sponsors and Go kart schedule?