PDA

View Full Version : How can I transfer text messages from Galaxy S6 to my PC?

stealthee
02-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Long story short, my phone freaked out and I am getting a new one sent to me. I already plugged my phone into my computer and saved all my music, contacts, photos, etc.

I wasn't able to figure out a way to move text messages to my PC and want to do so before I reset my phone and send it back once I get the new one.

I was able to access the Cloud app and add text messages to what is to be backed up, but it didn't back any of them up for some reason.

I did some Googling and found a few articles about downloading a program or app to your computer, but they all seemed to be written in poor English so I am not sure how much I trust them.

Anyone have any trusted program sources that can help me in my endeavor?

DocWalt
02-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I use smsbackup+ which saves them to your gmail when you do a backup. Run the app on the new phone and import them.

stealthee
02-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Well, the problem is my phone isn't even usable at this point. The screen was flickering and actually going to look like TV static.

I managed to make it usable for about 30 minutes last night and tried getting texts to back up on the cloud, but they didn't save for whatever reason.

If I can manage to get it usable I will download that app and bring them back to the other phone.

And a little side rant. I FUCKING HATE FED EX. My phone shows as it is supposed to be delivered today by 430. Well it is 407 and the last scan was when it left Memphis. It was never scanned at the local hub meaning to me, it hasn't made it to the local hub which means I will be another day without my phone.. :rage:

stealthee
02-23-2016, 05:54 PM
UGH!

Fucking confirmed that Fed Ex is a piece of shit.

It left Ft Worth at 8:55 pm and arrived in Memphis at 2:38 am. Then at 4:59 am it says "In Transit". Again at 5:20 am it says "In transit" all the while saying it will be delivered by 4:30 pm. It finally updated again and it just left Memphis at 5:37 pm and it still says it will be delivered today.