PDA

View Full Version : Car Sponsorships

GordonRamsey
10-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Anybody hear anything about carspnsorships.com? Seems like a huge scam somehow, but I really don't know. I'm not saying I'm interested, but I cam across a youtube video with this guy who said he built a carbon fiber "fortune" body kit for an rx-7. You know, the orange one in tokyo drift? Looks to good to be true.

stealthee
10-17-2010, 11:13 AM
It is. You pay them, then you can get discounts on certain things. Its a total scam though.

GordonRamsey
10-17-2010, 11:18 AM
I thought so. Some of the arts makers was low key anyway.

x2xtreme360
10-17-2010, 12:53 PM
I did it once... it's not a scam. You get some pretty sweet deals on stuff. If you do an actual sponsorship, you get free shit. It's how I got my killerglass radiator hose. Most of the stuff is cosmetic, but there is some performance as well.

If you use it, the $90 or whatever annual fee they charge you ends up being worth it.

I found out about it from a friend of mine who had a fairly nice Neon... it was a Neon so I wasn't overly impressed, but the car was built on that website. It was a huge billboard of sponsors of course, but it had a lot of mods done to it.

Mean Green
10-17-2010, 01:15 PM
I did it once... it's not a scam. You get some pretty sweet deals on stuff. If you do an actual sponsorship, you get free shit. It's how I got my killerglass radiator hose. Most of the stuff is cosmetic, but there is some performance as well.

If you use it, the $90 or whatever annual fee they charge you ends up being worth it.

I found out about it from a friend of mine who had a fairly nice Neon... it was a Neon so I wasn't overly impressed, but the car was built on that website. It was a huge billboard of sponsors of course, but it had a lot of mods done to it.

+1

I got a carbon fiber Silvia hood for my 240 a long time ago through them...Free.

GordonRamsey
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM
really. thats.. amazing. I saw it had options to choose from. What you want from them. I might actually.. try it.

The only good things there are aem, fujita, and fidanza. eveyrthing else is rice heaven it seems..

tazman
10-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Not a scam. Actually a great company that puts you in contact with potential sponsors. I got with them in 2007, and made some good contacts (Killerglass amongst others). I stay in touch with my sponsors, and have received hook ups for my other car.

GordonRamsey
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Wow it seems like a trade off. Doesnt seem worth it for myself personally seein as how fujita and aem dont have much for myself and no garuntee ill get fidanza.

2fnloud
10-17-2010, 11:09 PM
AEM EMS no that isn't much at all.

GordonRamsey
10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Well I just dont have a use for that right now. Considering im not a vr4. And theres no saying that ill get one.