PDA

View Full Version : fox body guys

thor'svr4
10-17-2010, 04:26 AM
what do you guys think about foxbodys?

So what do you guys think of fox bodies? they look extremely simple to work on and are very inexpensive to mod. 347 strokers seam to be as popular as a 13g/15g upgrade on a 3000gt. i looked up online about how much hp a NA carbureted 347 stroker makes, and most people say ~400rwhp. plus there dirt cheep. ive heard bad things about the stock block and 500+rwhp but im not sure exactly what happens of if theres a simple fix ect. anyone got any good experience with them? It might be cool to have a blown 347 stroker on slicks as a toy car for the weekends…

stealthee
10-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm a fan of the Fox bodies. They are small, lightweight, RWD cars that can make a ton of power on smaller money.

But like DSM's its hard to find one that isnt already beat to shit or falling apart.

terrets
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I like em. They are slow as shit stock the 5.0s :). Go sideways no problem though :D.

tabasco122
10-18-2010, 03:15 AM
i have a friend who may be interested in selling his. its a good car, unmolested, and only 43k on the clock.

Austin@STM
10-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I've had 2, still got one.

First was a 90gt it was fun, slow even with a couple bolt-ons but it was fun to drive around in, and the 5.0's just sound awesome.

The one i still have is a 88? i think its been a while, its the SVO model which was pretty fun as well. Its a 2.3 turbo from the factory, comes with a better suspension, brakes and its even 5-lug from the factory. It was a pretty quick little car.

They are cheap to mod thats for sure, and if you know what your doing they can be pretty quick relativley easily.

TwIzTeD_3kGt
10-18-2010, 08:30 PM
One of my buddies at work has one with a 347, makes around 450hp. The complete engine setup cost him $4200. That's assembled, dyno'd, and delivered to his door. Thing is evil on the street.

thor'svr4
10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I've had 2, still got one.

First was a 90gt it was fun, slow even with a couple bolt-ons but it was fun to drive around in, and the 5.0's just sound awesome.

The one i still have is a 88? i think its been a while, its the SVO model which was pretty fun as well. Its a 2.3 turbo from the factory, comes with a better suspension, brakes and its even 5-lug from the factory. It was a pretty quick little car.

They are cheap to mod thats for sure, and if you know what your doing they can be pretty quick relativley easily.

that 2.3 turbo is pretty sweet. a friend of mine was telling me about them.

i ended up joining mustang forums and it seams like a pretty cool site. the turbo/sc/nos section is semi dead but other than that its ok. there kill stories of vr4's are a pretty good read. most people give the vr4 credit, but there’s always one who says there slow and heavy. in general its kinda close to this community where almost everyone is 'down to earth' and not full of ricer hype.

terrets
10-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Thats pretty suprising :D I suppose all them ricers are to dumb or lazy to get online.

zelstin
10-21-2010, 03:00 AM
My friend has a foxbody collection in his yard. With a few hundred bucks and a good pick-n-pull they can be decently quick. I really want a notch but the clean ones are a little pricier.

thor'svr4
10-21-2010, 09:12 PM
i was surprised to find out that most people who want a fast fox actualy [I]want[/I the notch. for some reason ive always hated the notch but ive got to atmit, those things are light as hell!

stealthee
10-21-2010, 09:43 PM
I myself am not a notch fan. I'd get a hatch. They just look "sleeker"

thor'svr4
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
i know its been a while but i figured i would bump this to see if anyone had any advice. i was offered a KILLER deal on a fuel injected 460ci big block out of a newer van. After looking around it seams like I could build a carb'ed 557ci stroker (~9.1L) for a reasonable price. Theres several problems though the first being what trans to use. My ford friends have no idea what I should use and even online there doesn’t seam to be much info.

The only options I know of are…

Manual:
Borg Warner T-56 (1st gen viper trans?) was the only 6 speed manual option, but is very expensive.
Toyota Supra MK3 5 speed manual trans with custom bell housing and clutch setup.

Auto:
C6 (3 speed) & E40D (4 speed version of C6) seam to be kind of popular transmissions to use… but they are autos.

Anyone got any ideas?