PDA

View Full Version : Discontinuing our 3S products

3kgtSL91
12-05-2015, 09:54 PM
Thank you everyone that supported us in the last year. We are fairly a new company (about 2 years old) and we have to keep turning inventory to stay alive. We wanted to develop and bring more products to 3S platform next year, but with that said, due to lack of interest in our products, we decided to discontinue most of our 3S line up. Once again, thank you everyone for all the support in the past couple of years.

familyMAN
12-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Maybe start finishing people's cars at IPS and you would have more interest.

3kgtSL91
12-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but this is Fabberge, not IPS. We mostly manufacture car parts, rarely work on cars, and if we do, mostly for R&D. We can't control what other companies are doing.

familyMAN
12-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Sorry, but this is Fabberge, not IPS. We mostly manufacture car parts, rarely work on cars, and if we do, mostly for R&D. We can't control what other companies are doing.

Literally LOL. So you don't own (or have a stake in) both companies? When did you sell IPS?

familyMAN
12-06-2015, 02:10 PM
OEM ZR1 Roof + Halo plus C7 carbon spoiler along with a couple other carbon accessories

http://g.a.d-cd.net/8aece58s-960.jpg

So from your corvette build thread, this isn't at the IPS shop and isn't an employee wearing an IPS shirt?

3kgtSL91
12-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Literally LOL. So you don't own (or have a stake in) both companies? When did you sell IPS?
How is this relevant to this thread? Yes, have stake in both. I also have shares in companies like LinkedIn but it doesn't mean I run it :)

3kgtSL91
12-06-2015, 07:40 PM
So from your corvette build thread, this isn't at the IPS shop and isn't an employee wearing an IPS shirt?
sure is

familyMAN
12-06-2015, 07:43 PM
How is this relevant to this thread? Yes, have stake in both. I also have shares in companies like LinkedIn but it doesn't mean I run it :)

Speaking of LinkedIn. You still on your page that you are the owner of IPS. Not a simple share holder. It's relevant.

You come here to state you aren't selling 3S products anymore because of lack of interest. Your lack of service through your other business (that many know are related) isn't helping. Relevant.

3kgtSL91
12-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Speaking of LinkedIn. You still on your page that you are the owner of IPS. Not a simple share holder. It's relevant.

You come here to state you aren't selling 3S products anymore because of lack of interest. Your lack of service through your other business (that many know are related) isn't helping. Relevant.
businesses are not related to each other at all. Yes, Fabberge started out as a division of IPS, but that was at the very beginning, like January of 2014. In July, companies split up completely.

futurevr4man
12-07-2015, 09:57 AM
FWIW, I've heard the name Fabberge, but I thought you personally were the IPS guy. The corvette picture and thread was an IPS thread I thought, but I guess not?

Sad to hear you won't be supporting the platform. I know IPS (or Fabberge) does a lot of work on vette's and is successful. I used to see a trailer with cars at the track often and they always performed well.

Uniuno
12-07-2015, 11:00 AM
we decided to discontinue most of our 3S line up.

What items are you NOT discontinuing?

sublime_whatigo
12-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Guess my gift card is going to be worthless then, although when I emailed multiple times trying to use it, it was just as worthless.

familyMAN
12-07-2015, 04:24 PM
FWIW, I've heard the name Fabberge, but I thought you personally were the IPS guy. The corvette picture and thread was an IPS thread I thought, but I guess not?

Sad to hear you won't be supporting the platform. I know IPS (or Fabberge) does a lot of work on vette's and is successful. I used to see a trailer with cars at the track often and they always performed well.

He is the "IPS guy". Owns both companies, just playing a shell game.

Issues posted on 3Si of guys not getting their cars completed. GM forums as well.

GrabberOrange
12-07-2015, 05:03 PM
This thread is so entertaining to me. Like from the initial post all I could think of was I can't wait for this to turn into a train wreck. It's like a friend that robs from you then can't really hang out anymore because you don't trust him, then plays the victim. I can't help but think that there isn't a thread on the other site because more people would jump all over it.

IPD
12-07-2015, 10:59 PM
:popcorn:

I was confused after the initial post...but with the replies....

Come on, guys. He can't possibly be as bad as Cianci.

anyonebutme
12-07-2015, 11:24 PM
Well, could be worse, he could be named Mahaffey. Or Dennis.

3kgtSL91
12-07-2015, 11:26 PM

i was the ips guy until i split when fabberge was formed. ips is now closed for good.

3kgtSL91
12-07-2015, 11:26 PM
What items are you NOT discontinuing?

so far we are planning on keeping the exhausts and intakes

3kgtSL91
12-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Guess my gift card is going to be worthless then, although when I emailed multiple times trying to use it, it was just as worthless.

i have no emails about the gift card. where did you email to?

3kgtSL91
12-07-2015, 11:30 PM
He is the "IPS guy". Owns both companies, just playing a shell game.

Issues posted on 3Si of guys not getting their cars completed. GM forums as well.
i am pretty sure i explained the situation the way it is. i guess some people never get it. i don't believe you are even our customer so please keep hating... :)

3kgtSL91
12-07-2015, 11:32 PM
This thread is so entertaining to me. Like from the initial post all I could think of was I can't wait for this to turn into a train wreck. It's like a friend that robs from you then can't really hang out anymore because you don't trust him, then plays the victim. I can't help but think that there isn't a thread on the other site because more people would jump all over it.
we don't sponsor the other site so why make an announcement over there? plus i checked and i don't really see any hate about Fabberge. We've always shipped out the products, never did we screw anyone over. Do search before making this kind of accusations please.

GrabberOrange
12-07-2015, 11:40 PM
we don't sponsor the other site so why make an announcement over there? plus i checked and i don't really see any hate about Fabberge. We've always shipped out the products, never did we screw anyone over. Do search before making this kind of accusations please.

1. You specified you weren't going to carry 3s products. Which is a general statement any company would make on the two most popular sites of the platform.

2. Fix your search button.

IPD
12-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Well I can't blame IPS. It's much easier to cater to the brain-dead mindless GM die-hard drones...than it is to actually give 2 shits about platforms that actually contain originality.

CoopKill
12-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Well I can't blame IPS. It's much easier to cater to the brain-dead mindless GM die-hard drones...than it is to actually give 2 shits about platforms that actually contain originality.

Unfortunately you are not privi to the stories on the other site. You would not be sayng that.

IPD
12-08-2015, 10:15 PM
All the more reason for me to disregard. If the GOOD 3/s forum isn't good enough for their BS press-releases, then I guess I don't need to be doing business with them anyways. That's something that's been grinding my gears for a while.

LeRoyDL
12-09-2015, 11:24 AM
What a joke..

3kgtSL91
12-10-2015, 12:10 AM
All the more reason for me to disregard. If the GOOD 3/s forum isn't good enough for their BS press-releases, then I guess I don't need to be doing business with them anyways. That's something that's been grinding my gears for a while.

what do you mean by good forum? i thought this one is the good one since it's owned by 3s enthusiast?

DrGonzo
12-10-2015, 08:41 AM
http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/drgonzo4000/Meme/357168.jpg_zpsqnem7yjg.png

Chris@Rvengeperformance
12-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Well, I'm disappointed, because we don't have a lot of vendors period, and you guys always had some good options. If you had been more consistent I am sure you would still have a strong 3/s following.

GrabberOrange
12-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Well, I'm disappointed, because we don't have a lot of vendors period, and you guys always had some good options. If you had been more consistent I am sure you would still have a strong 3/s following.

This right here. I did like the offerings. Almost pulled the trigger to buy stuff a few times, but I just couldn't get past the horror stories.

J-Groove
12-10-2015, 01:49 PM

This right here. I did like the offerings. Almost pulled the trigger to buy stuff a few times, but I just couldn't get past the horror stories.

Another one here.

I've added the extended capacity oil pan to a shopping cart more than a few times. But after searching the forums and seeing people who ordered them and waited extended times for delivery I never pulled the trigger.

It is a shame, IPS helped me a lot with technical help over the phone while I was doing my TT conversion on my old '95. I also bought the majority of my parts from them for that job.

-John

edit:

The last item I bought from Fabberage was the oil cooler, great kit. I got in on the group buy.

Also, my old IPS downpipe for my '95 was the best downpipe I ever owned. It was a 1st gen set up, otherwise it would be on my '99 now.

-John

Chris@Rvengeperformance
12-10-2015, 01:59 PM
I love my ips extended capacity pan and I don't think it took more than a week to get it shipped.

J-Groove
12-10-2015, 02:14 PM
I love my ips extended capacity pan and I don't think it took more than a week to get it shipped.

Don't tell me this. I don't have the extra mod money right now to get one. haha :(

-John

3kgtSL91
12-10-2015, 02:21 PM
http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg489/drgonzo4000/Meme/357168.jpg_zpsqnem7yjg.png
i am not announcing, i am thanking those that supported us.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
12-10-2015, 02:21 PM
well, that was black friday on 2013 if I remember right.

3kgtSL91
12-10-2015, 02:24 PM
i tried. that was the whole reason behind the split to actually have product on the shelves, to have decent shipping out times, etc. i wanted to bring new products out as well, some cnc, some new style exhausts, etc, but without support from the platform, there is no point in spending money on R&Ding all this if we will only sell a couple. unfortunately R&D is not cheap.

LeRoyDL
12-10-2015, 05:11 PM
"without support from the platform"

I think you could have plenty of support if so much bad history wasn't already made. It's a lot harder to build trust and confidence when starting in the negative then it does when even. We aren't idiots a simple name change doesn't clear the slate.
I remember was it last year or the year before? The IPS customer service thread on the other site, tons of promises tons of "we're going to do better XXXX" then what.. A few weeks later same old shit. Majority of people have just come to expect this is the way IPS / former owners / partners operate.

3kgtSL91
12-10-2015, 05:32 PM
"without support from the platform"

I think you could have plenty of support if so much bad history wasn't already made. It's a lot harder to build trust and confidence when starting in the negative then it does when even. We aren't idiots a simple name change doesn't clear the slate.
I remember was it last year or the year before? The IPS customer service thread on the other site, tons of promises tons of "we're going to do better XXXX" then what.. A few weeks later same old shit. Majority of people have just come to expect this is the way IPS / former owners / partners operate.

i understand that, but it wasn't a simple name change, it was a complete separation of two companies for that reason. so that fabberge can provide products on time, etc. intention was not to fool anyone, it had good intentions. ips should of been closed a long time ago. i tried to make it right, yes, that is why i made that post a long time ago. unfortunately it was rotted beyond repair. fabberge on the other hand i tried my best to keep reputation up, i shipped out products as soon as i possibly could. company kept small (all new people too) so it can operate better and provide customers with positive experience. i understand everyones attitude towards my companies and where the lack of interest is coming from. that is why, as much as i didn't want to, we are discontinuing our 3s items.

jba3
12-10-2015, 08:21 PM
I got an AC delete kit yesterday that I just ordered earlier this week, and was hoping to get an oil cooler kit when I had more funds. Shame you're cutting back on most products, like the tubular crash bar and extended capacity oil pan.

I missed some of the Skillard products I wanted too, but with a car down for over 3 1/2 years, I didn't spend much on upgrades, and now I wish I did. But, being unemployed for the last 3 months (and still), it's difficult to do.

Never dealt with IPS so I won't comment on that, but the limited bit of business I did with Fabberge, I'm happy with.

CoopKill
12-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Is there a list of products, or a page on the site?

IPD
12-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Yeah. like are you eliminating stock at 90% off or something? :suspect:

bboyalan
12-11-2015, 04:58 AM
Agreed! I guess that I will be keeping my extended capacity racing oil pan forever now lol =P FWIW, Stas did maintain communication and managed a quick turnaround with my core shipped in advance. This was in 2013 though...

JoshXT
12-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Stas are you guys going to be selling off the remainder of your stock of parts? If so, maybe a thread of parts you have would be a good idea? Since you're local, I'd probably come take some stuff off your hands for a good price.

I got my FMIC kit from Fabberge, I'm happy with it and the price was right. I had a few problems with the actual install, but Stas was nice enough to have the kit installed for me at no extra cost. Hard to complain at that labor rate..

Alan92RTTT
12-11-2015, 09:55 AM
i understand that, but it wasn't a simple name change, it was a complete separation of two companies for that reason. so that fabberge can provide products on time, etc. intention was not to fool anyone, it had good intentions. ips should of been closed a long time ago. i tried to make it right, yes, that is why i made that post a long time ago. unfortunately it was rotted beyond repair. fabberge on the other hand i tried my best to keep reputation up, i shipped out products as soon as i possibly could. company kept small (all new people too) so it can operate better and provide customers with positive experience. i understand everyones attitude towards my companies and where the lack of interest is coming from. that is why, as much as i didn't want to, we are discontinuing our 3s items.

I think perception is your biggest issue.

You did not work hard enough to make sure that people understood that it was a complete split between you and Jeff. Even after you split from IPS having guys show up to the NG wearing IPS gear did not help the perception that the two companies were still joined in some manner.

DrGonzo
12-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Example of what is going on, Sorry to link to the other site but it is useful information for the platform: Status of IPS Motorsports?? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center (http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/status-ips-motorsports-738961/)

LeRoyDL
12-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Example of what is going on, Sorry to link to the other site but it is useful information for the platform: Status of IPS Motorsports?? - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center (http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/status-ips-motorsports-738961/)
This! Read the first 4 posts, this is the consensus.

rawavr4
12-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Another one here.

I've added the extended capacity oil pan to a shopping cart more than a few times. But after searching the forums and seeing people who ordered them and waited extended times for delivery I never pulled the trigger.

I've done this a few times myself. But that was a while ago, and I didn't have a core.

Ange
12-12-2015, 08:09 AM
I got an AC delete kit yesterday that I just ordered earlier this week, and was hoping to get an oil cooler kit when I had more funds. Shame you're cutting back on most products, like the tubular crash bar and extended capacity oil pan.

I missed some of the Skillard products I wanted too, but with a car down for over 3 1/2 years, I didn't spend much on upgrades, and now I wish I did. But, being unemployed for the last 3 months (and still), it's difficult to do.

Never dealt with IPS so I won't comment on that, but the limited bit of business I did with Fabberge, I'm happy with.

dont need any delete kit for that except a 1025mm belt(if I remember right could be +-5mm), a cambelt excentric pulley and a few washers to shim the pulley out

that way you get rid of the heavy ac bracket aswell...

JoshXT
12-13-2015, 02:46 PM
A lot of you haven't even had personal negative experiences with them and you're acting like they smacked you around and told you that your mother is ugly.

Most of you are going off of 2 or 3 people who had negative experiences and made a really big deal about it. And so they should, if I have a bad experience with any company, I always make sure the world knows to the best of my abilities. Now I didn't have the most top notch experience and I'm not trying to white knight at all here, but I would call my experience with Stas a satisfactory one personally. They screwed up a little bit and he recognized that, owned it and made up for it.

Unless they screwed you personally, get over it. If you read any of SoarinBy's posts (the guy who most people base 3S experience with IPS on), you'd know that he isn't knowledgeable at all on these cars and he was fine with just throwing money at his Spyder. Labor costs add up, he put an obnoxious amount of money into the car then had buyers remorse when it came time to pay the bill and the car wasn't ready still.

There are two sides to every story, I've done business with Jeff when IPS was around, he never let me down. Now I've done business with Stas with Fabberge, I was let down at first but like I said, he took responsibility for the problem and he made up for it.

Also, if I was them, I wouldn't want to make parts for these cars either. People buy a $150 down pipe from them and expect it to be as good of quality fitment as a $300 3SX down pipe. Something as simple as loosening the bolts on the rear precat to fit them on there is all you have to do to make it fit, but that isn't good enough for people lol. Sorry to be ranty but I spent $550 on an FMIC kit from Fabberge, it seems to be pretty good quality, but it is no $1500 ETS kit. Who cares, it functions just as well as far as I know, it just didn't fit as easily lol. They offered parts that worked just as well for a lot less money, they just required a little more work to install. Now we have one less option and have to look more towards those more expensive parts.

GrabberOrange
12-13-2015, 03:54 PM
I think most people are giving feedback as to went they didn't purchase. Good intentions does not make a good business. You're one of the few that I've read about that has a satisfactory experience. From my perception there's more bad than good. That is reason enough for me not to give them my business. I don't like giving anyone hundreds of dollars and cross my fingers I'll have a good experience.

CoopKill
12-13-2015, 03:55 PM
You may want to research a bit further back than this year.
Might want to reread the SoarinBy thread, Buyers remorse?
Check with the others that had to send tow trucks out.
Others that waited months (plural) (year?) for Black Friday parts.
Reseach the lies told to not 3 customers, but many.

This is not Fabberge, but IPS. Same owner that did little to alleviate the issues. Many excuses, lies, cover ups, and yet you would have ones hard earned money gambled? Your white horse is dead sir.

bridge
12-13-2015, 04:06 PM
A lot of you haven't even had personal negative experiences with them and you're acting like they smacked you around and told you that your mother is ugly.

There are two sides to every story, I've done business with Jeff when IPS was around, he never let me down.

I don't think you realized how many people had issues in the past with IPS. You are very fortunate you did not.

I can't speak for actual service but their shipping times where horrible. Four months to get a koyo radiator. Six months for fuel rails (that was part of a $1k order). Being sent the wrong carbotech rotors which lead to playing phone tag. After that I stop doing business and this was in 2010. I never posted my issues online but if IPS came up in convo, you bet I voiced my opinion.

As for Stas, never had any issues. Surprised when he was leaving the Chicago crew but hey that's life. God only know what he walked into. I guess it was harder to disengage from the stigma of IPS with the new company fabberge.

stealthee
12-13-2015, 05:19 PM
I have stayed out of the whole ordeal here, but after Josh here decided to run off at the mouth a little I feel I should post.

As much as Stas says IPS and Fabberge aren't related we all know that to be untrue. You go to Fabberge's website and go to dealer locator and IPS is listed.

That being said I have never dealt with the service end, but as mentioned there were MANY issues with the product/product shipping end. I bought from IPS at least 3 times that I can recall. There were issues with all 3 purchases. The last of the 3 purchases I actually had to contact Stas via PM here because of a major lack of communication from the shipping department. Even after he had the GM contact me there were still several delays before I got the order.

This post isn't to bash, or to pile on. My issues were on the lower end of the spectrum so I kept quiet. This is more to say to people like Josh that it was more than 3 people that had issues. Not everyone takes their issues public, and there were far more than the 3 that you mention that were public anyway.

IPD
12-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Anyone keeping count of how many 3/s affiliated shops have done a name change to try and "cleanse" themselves and their bad PR?

IPS and Cianci immediately spring to mind. SSM is another, I believe. Can't recall if GT-Pro tried this or not. Or AAM, WSR, etc. Seems to be a trend though.

sohcstealth
12-13-2015, 07:58 PM
It's just too bad that most business owners actually have no idea how to run a proper business which services their customers properly.

JoshXT
12-14-2015, 06:55 AM
Stealthee, I was not trying to run off at the mouth, I'm simply speaking from my personal experience. As far as shipping times go, I haven't really seen much gripe about that and I am local to them so I can just drive to their shop if I want something lol..

Also, is it really unheard of for someone to have owned 2 companies that do similar things? How many companies do you think Google bought up but still has its previous management in place? I'm sure a lot of them are technology based, his companies were car based.

Anyway, those are my opinions on the situation. You can take it or leave it. Stas was a good guy to me and he made sure I was taken care of as his customer and I actually know other people in other platforms that have purchased from Fabberge and had no issues. Others experiences have differed, I get that, but unlike a lot of other people here, I am speaking of my personal experience, not one that I read about.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
12-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Anyone keeping count of how many 3/s affiliated shops have done a name change to try and "cleanse" themselves and their bad PR?

IPS and Cianci immediately spring to mind. SSM is another, I believe. Can't recall if GT-Pro tried this or not. Or AAM, WSR, etc. Seems to be a trend though.

gt pro used to be gt alley IIRC

Chris@Rvengeperformance
12-14-2015, 10:12 AM
It's just too bad that most business owners actually have no idea how to run a proper business which services their customers properly.

The sad thing is its really not easier to ship something 4 months late than to just do it right the first time. If you can't get the part moving in a few days tell the customer its backordered and let them decide.

All of these issues were not expensive or hard to fix.

GrabberOrange
12-14-2015, 11:25 AM
unlike a lot of other people here, I am speaking of my personal experience, not one that I read about.

I don’t think anyone here that hasn’t had personal experience is saying they’re a bad company. Anything I’ve read says that people without personal experience (myself included) didn’t buy from them because of their reviews. This is the whole point of reviews. A company has more bad reviews than good ones and they lose business.

JoshXT
12-14-2015, 11:39 AM
No sense in treating me like the bad guy for giving them decent review. While I was reluctant to do business with them based on those reviews, I decided to go through with it and give them a shot. It was easy for me since I am local to them, I'm also not defending them, I'm just saying that I'm not unhappy with the business that I did with them. Would I take my car back to them to have anything else done to it? Nope, I refuse to pay for labor to have anything done to my car - I can do anything myself, I have 2 shops at my disposal, why would I pay someone else to do it? It isn't that I have anything against them, but if they work on my car without charging me labor (which they did because of the issue), that is fine as long as nothing gets broken worse. When I got my car back, it had a couple of problems that were quickly resolved by Brian (one of the guys there) and it has been working fine since.

And really, if you don't have the means to work on these cars on your own, you better have a buddy that can or a lot of money to support the habit.

Boomer3000
12-14-2015, 01:44 PM
A decent review is fine, it's not why people got on you. It's because you said we shouldn't base our opinion on a company off three people who have had bad experiences. Ips has had issues for a long time. If you did some research on the other site then you would know this. If you can't get someone's car done in a timely manor then you have failed. If you can't keep your customers informed that their part they ordered isn't going to get to them in a timely manner then again you have failed.

These are simple business ethics that a lot of 3s vendors just can't seem to follow. I find it hilarious that Chris from Ninja will do more for you then a big shopped staffed with many members can. Absolutely blows my fucking mind. But if you want to give a good review fine. Just leave it at that.

JoshXT
12-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Ninja's customer service is really the best of any company I've ever dealt with, not just 3S vendors lol.

Each of the vendors have something they offer that the others don't. Some times you have to wait longer for somethings. I can't speak to the long wait times, but I know that some of the stuff IPS/Fabberge sold/sells is made in house, which takes time. Several months probably isn't acceptable unless it was stated that the parts are made to order, which I know some of them are.

Either way, this thread has been super derailed and none of this was really necessary. How many people walked up to Stas or his guys at NG or some of the meets they have been at and told them to their faces that they were awful and said any of the stuff people are spouting on this forum? Probably none, because welcome to the internet where everyone is mighty.

IPD
12-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Sadly, the expertise needed to work on a 3/s properly is usually not individually compatible with good customer service. There's a total of 2 guys that come to mind who are actually adept at both. Chris and Ray.

Boomer3000
12-14-2015, 07:01 PM
That last sentence maybe a true statement. But if you ever met me you would know I give zero fucks when it comes to speaking my mind. So if the opportunity presented its self you better believe I would call them on their bullshit. But alas I'm kinda banned from NG's for the moment(because of the previously stated reason).

CoopKill
12-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Sadly, the expertise needed to work on a 3/s properly is usually not individually compatible with good customer service. There's a total of 2 guys that come to mind who are actually adept at both. Chris and Ray.

Terry has been golden in all dealings I have had as well.

IPD
12-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Terry has been golden in all dealings I have had as well.

Absolutely true. Although I haven't seen him build/tune anything quite as insane.

new93TT
03-05-2016, 08:23 PM
I hope you continue to make the downpipe available for us for as long as you can, I will be ordering one up very soon along w test pipe.

Turbo Beast
03-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Looks like they abandoned the platform bud!

toddrs93
11-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Well, could be worse, he could be named Mahaffey. Or Dennis.

Mahaffey... theres a name few probably remember lol