PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Recommendations 1991 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo ChromeECU

BoscoJared
12-03-2015, 03:53 AM
Hey everyone,

Was looking around for a professional tuner that would work with my new ChromeECU ( V2 ) in my 1991 Stealth Twin Turbo in the NorthEast area. I tried STM performance up in Rochester ( I go to school up here ) but they only work on the AEM setup. I looked around and a lot of shops say they don't wanna work on the ChromeECU since they never had before. I just e-mailed Pompena Motorsports based out in Long Island, I guess they sponsor the New York Chapter of 3s', so perhaps they would be okay with tuning on the ChromeECU.

Anyways, any recommendations I'd greatly appreciate. Trying to get the car running the way it was meant come spring time. Let me know!

I live in Orange County, but could go to Rochester / Buffalo ( again, school up here ).

Chris@Rvengeperformance
12-03-2015, 10:45 AM
If you can't get ray to find the time or a local member you may want to bite the bullet and go aem so stm can help you.

futurevr4man
12-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Ray has started working out of his shop where he works (a Toyota shop I believe) after hours. He is the go-to guy in my opinion. Try and reach out to him on Facebook too. Ray Pampena

familyMAN
12-03-2015, 02:47 PM
What are the performance mods to car?

If it's relatively simple setup, why not tune yourself?

NOMIEZVR4
12-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Any shop that deals with EVO's shouldn't have an issue with chrome and ECUflash

Ange
12-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Do you have the tactrix plug and ecuflash program? Then you can get it running well yourself with a few simple Changes in ecuflash. Well if you're running high boost some timing tables should be advanced then I Believe. But yes dont touch fuel or timing tables unless you know your shit.

If you use gm maf and translator, then it's harder to tune and you need some tuning knowlage and need to read up on stuff about that. If you use stock maf or evo maf it will be easy.

You should let us know what performance mods has been done to it..

BoscoJared
12-04-2015, 07:00 PM
What are the performance mods to car?

If it's relatively simple setup, why not tune yourself?

None, as of yet. The car is 100% stock, except for the ChromeECU since the computer went out. We did the 60k / 120k mile service to make sure it was in good working condition. Before the computer went out, it would cruise fine, pull fine, etc. When the computer went, we went for the ChromeECU so that we could tune it later when we wanted to add power ( springtime probably ). When we put the ChromeECU in and went for a drive, it was behaving a little differently. From what I've read online, it's because the ChromeECU requires at least some tweaking to work correctly for a non-1999 car. I was going to tune the car myself, but my dad is a little apprehensive about me just plugging our computer in and going at it. So we were going to get it worked out professionally for the piece of mind. I could do it myself, I'm sure.

Do you have the tactrix plug and ecuflash program? Then you can get it running well yourself with a few simple Changes in ecuflash. Well if you're running high boost some timing tables should be advanced then I Believe. But yes dont touch fuel or timing tables unless you know your shit.

If you use gm maf and translator, then it's harder to tune and you need some tuning knowlage and need to read up on stuff about that. If you use stock maf or evo maf it will be easy.

You should let us know what performance mods has been done to it..

No performance mods at all. Car is 100% stock, except for the computer. We don't have the Tactrix cable although I will be getting it before the car comes out ( after winter ) and we do have ECUflash.

By the time we get it out and tuned, I could get supporting mods for the car, however, but really after switching the stock computer with the ChromeECU, some weird things were happening like an inconsistent idle ( I read the thread on how to tune the idle ). Dips to 500, then spikes to 1200 RPMs, usually sitting at 900. Some pulls in different gears did weird things. Giving the engine any load in 2nd gear at like 15 mph would make the car lurch and vibrate a ton ( never did that with the normal computer ). Like I said above, I could probably work out how to tune it myself, it doesn't seem particularly hard, just time consuming, but my dad wasn't entirely convinced I wouldn't blow up the entire thing, and wouldn't mind paying for piece of mind. Again, that's really on him, even though I think given some time I could do it myself.

familyMAN
12-06-2015, 12:37 AM
Find a local 3S'er that is running chrome and pay him a few hundred to help sort it out.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
12-06-2015, 02:03 PM
It sounds like a typical problem with an o2 sensor setup or wiring, but without a log I'm just guessing. If you had a tactrix cable I am sure we could fix it, even remotely most likely.

Disrupter
12-07-2015, 07:53 AM
You have a few options. You could contact Ray in Long Island, NY who is well versed with tuning, you could contact Hans in Easton, PA who is also well versed, You can try and contact Greg who is also in PA, and see if he has some free time to give you a street tune.