PDA

View Full Version : SW: Force Unleashed II, looks awesome!!!

Telionis
10-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I loved the first one, and the demo for II was even better! Man, I can't wait for this one!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=76lBfDG0l1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_kkJRNbf0

Any star wars nerds know what kind of beastie eats the rancor? Was it made up just for the game? Edit, it's called a gorog, made up for the game, but now canon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-4c0eJikk

bluemax_1
10-14-2010, 06:13 AM
You know what pisses me off about these?

If they can make cut scenes that look this friggin good, why aren't there a heck of a lot more computer animation films out there? I don't want to play the friggin game, make a damn movie already.

And anyone else find it amusingly hilarious that all these pre- Luke Skywalker Jedi are so much better at fighting than Luke and Vader were in the original movies (and seemingly FAR more powerful than even Yoda)? I laughed my ass off when the prequel Jedi started pulling out wushu swordplay (although I DID think Darth Maul was pretty badass). I laughed especially loud when Anakin started twirling his saber like a band leader with a baton.

Max

Telionis
10-14-2010, 04:25 PM
And anyone else find it amusingly hilarious that all these pre- Luke Skywalker Jedi are so much better at fighting than Luke and Vader were in the original movies (and seemingly FAR more powerful than even Yoda)?

At the end of the first Force Unleashed game (before the first original movie), Starkiller beat and mangled Vader pretty badly. Vader never recovered and from that point forward was just a shadow of his former self. This is actually the reason for the Emperor's interest in Luke. He was to to one day replace the now beat up and broken Vader. As for Luke, by the time of his fight with Vader, he had like a month of training, so he wasn't even on par with the severely weakened Vader. Neither Luke, nor movie-era Vader, were even close to as powerful as Starkiller or prequel Vader and Obi-wan, etc.

In fact, in the first Force Unleashed game, Starkiller is shown to actually be on par with the Emperor himself, defeating the old bastard and nearly killing him. He would have brought down the Empire right there and then if it wasn't for his new-found Jedi conscious telling him that killing an unarmed defenseless and defeated man was "dark-sided". Of course, the Emperor has a little bit of juice left, and used Starkiller's moment of introspection against him.

bluemax_1
10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
OK, that's a reasonable retcon to explain why the movie era characters were so much weaker, BUT...

if Starkiller was the Emperor's match, why did they never show the Emperor toying with objects the size that Starkiller seems to do with ease, not to mention completely incinerating/vaporizing enemies in his vicinity? For that matter, the prequels (Episode III?) seem to indicate that using the Force Lightning (or whatever the heck it's called) drains, ages and weakens the user (when the Emperor attempts to use it against Mace Windu and turns from an ordinary looking old guy into a fugly old guy), yet everyone else, especially this Starkiller chap, seems to use it happily without consequence (including Count Dooku in Episode II).

Max

Telionis
10-14-2010, 09:37 PM
if Starkiller was the Emperor's match, why did they never show the Emperor toying with objects the size that Starkiller seems to do with ease, not to mention completely incinerating/vaporizing enemies in his vicinity?

Indeed a good retcon. Too bad my favorite franchise (Star Trek) is so bad when it comes to consistency, for once, they could take a page out of Star Wars' playbook.

As for the vaporizing the storm troopers - I assume you are talking about the stuff that Starkiller does in the previews of the second game? It hasn't been released yet, but spoilers seem to imply that this clone of Starkiller was genetically modified to create some super force user (I believe they said he has DNA from several different prior Sith lords). He should be far more powerful than any other Sith or Jedi, including the Emperor, but he is also unstable (both biologically and mentally). In the demo, Vader says that many other clones came before the game's protagonist, but all of them went mad or died from complications, by the end of the demo it seems that the protagonist is in the process of suffering the same fate, but will be extraordinarily dangerous until he succumbs.

If they can make cut scenes that look this friggin good, why aren't there a heck of a lot more computer animation films out there? I don't want to play the friggin game, make a damn movie already.

Yeah, I was hoping they made a movie out of the Force Unleashed story, but they'd probably pussify it and add some comic fluff and annoying animated characters like Jarjar for the kids. That would ruin it IMHO. Starkiller was originally motivated by hate. In the opening scene Vader force chokes Starkiller's father then breaks his spine and tosses the body aside as a 5-6 year old Starkiller watches. The film better be R rated.

The game is extremely entertaining though, I can't complain about having to play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhbQAPCjHHU