PDA

View Full Version : 10X more users on the old site....

OhioSpyderman
10-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Just checked almost 500 there, 51 here....

I have been there VERY infrequently....

It looked like we got almost all the sponsors, and most of the "heavy" hitters to switch...

What to do?

Bob.

stealthee
10-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Warlock and dpf's antics will drive more people away.

OhioSpyderman
10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Care to expound on that statement Brian?

I know some that have met Mr. Lord have been less than impressed, but I've heard nothing negative about David....

PM me if inappropriate...

Bob.

stealthee
10-13-2010, 08:39 PM
No need to PM. David is arrogant and childish to be nice about it. I have talked to SEVERAL others who had the exact same opinion.

OhioSpyderman
10-13-2010, 08:48 PM
OK...so how do we shift the users (I know Alan is working on the "web" side)? Most of those users have to be "fairly" older members (2004+)...

We need more content??? The few informative threads I had I DO NOT KNOW how to bring them here....

Help?

Bob.

Austin@STM
10-13-2010, 08:53 PM
OK...so how do we shift the users (I know Alan is working on the "web" side)? Most of those users have to be "fairly" older members (2004+)...

We need more content??? The few informative threads I had I DO NOT KNOW how to bring them here....

Help?

Bob.

copy/paste

OhioSpyderman
10-13-2010, 09:02 PM
The "biggest" thread that I am talking about was VERY large (when my son and I were trying to solve a SEVERE bucking issue...

http://www.3si.org/forum/f13/problems-my-sons-new-93-vr4-please-help-379082/

I thought it might help someone here....

Bob.

Alan92RTTT
10-14-2010, 11:48 AM
How to get users here? Read the how to promote this site thread stuck in general.

How to get large content threads here? Thread the thread as source material for a resarch paper. Then write a summary post.

Describe the problem. Then describe each succestion and the rersult it had if any.

Post the result in the front page submission forum.

Dbeltran24
10-14-2010, 03:10 PM
What ^ said.

Copy / Paste. You can also do as I did, I looked at my subcriptions (over there) and contacted the OP from the threads I thought were most helpful. One has already transfered his content over. The others have stated they will, but don't have the time at the moment. Another gave me permission to transfer his thread, although I haven't done so yet. Besit option is to just transfer your own valuable threads. Its tedious to transfer, but will help this site go a long way. Oh and go to google first before going to this site. As in use google to get here instead of just typing in the link. The more hits we get through google, the higher up we are prioritized in there search engine. Also throw in as many 3/S related words into the search as possible.

Example. Google Search: www.3sgto.org stealth 3000gt twin turbo TT Forum

dbest671
10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
10x more people=been around 10x longer. Things take time, it's like wine, gets better with age. And no, I'm not a hater of either site, or promoter for one over the other, I'm just stating the facts.

green-lantern
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
I've noticed a lot of people here will still go there to look around but not post as much. It will still show names at the bottom if you're posting or not.

10x more people=been around 10x longer. Things take time, it's like wine, gets better with age. And no, I'm not a hater of either site, or promoter for one over the other, I'm just stating the facts.

Or like a steak, at first it gets better with age but sooner or later it will spoil. ;)

IPD
10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
who cars? i don't want another 400 AO's on this site.

to be perfectly honest though, AF is keeping membership by underhanded means. it's prevented "anti AF" threads from seeing the light of day (they don't populate in the "recent posts"). AF has levied totally uncalled for bans (mine is 30 days) for nothing more than disagreeing with the mods over there--and i didn't even call the mods any names (at least not over there).

i agree that dpf & LW are satan. that's why it grieves me to see charger, eljefefx, and dbest all modding over there (coop too).

bottom line though, it doesn't really matter. we have enough on this site to make it work well. the membership list over there may be 30,000+ people long, but i seriously doubt that have more than 2,000 actively participating members. i can't even begin to list how many names i've seen come and go during the 7 years since i joined 3si.

p.s.

when your mods, admins, etc. don't even sport 3/s's in their avatars...that really says something...

dbest671
10-14-2010, 05:30 PM
who cars? i don't want another 400 AO's on this site.

to be perfectly honest though, AF is keeping membership by underhanded means. it's prevented "anti AF" threads from seeing the light of day (they don't populate in the "recent posts"). AF has levied totally uncalled for bans (mine is 30 days) for nothing more than disagreeing with the mods over there--and i didn't even call the mods any names (at least not over there).

i agree that dpf & LW are satan. that's why it grieves me to see charger, eljefefx, and dbest all modding over there (coop too).

bottom line though, it doesn't really matter. we have enough on this site to make it work well. the membership list over there may be 30,000+ people long, but i seriously doubt that have more than 2,000 actively participating members. i can't even begin to list how many names i've seen come and go during the 7 years since i joined 3si.

p.s.

when your mods, admins, etc. don't even sport 3/s's in their avatars...that really says something...

The only thing in bold is the thing that bothers me. Half the member don't have a 3s in their avatar. And HilbillyHomeboy doesn't have one in his avatar, don't see you commenting on that.

IPD
10-14-2010, 06:16 PM
The only thing in bold is the thing that bothers me. Half the member don't have a 3s in their avatar. And HilbillyHomeboy doesn't have one in his avatar, don't see you commenting on that.

...and yet, despite that, that's the only thing i've pointed out about AF that bothers you?

no one questions the devotion of admin/mods here on 3sgto. these people have proven themselves. 3si has been legitimately called into question over its support of the members/platform.

alexw3000gt
10-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Why do we need more users? This is the opposite of a popularity contest. The few threads I've read over there in the past month seem to be populated by stupid 16-year-olds. We have a lot of the longer, more knowledgeable members here. Hopefully most of the others will find it here eventually, but looks like most of the people posting there now are half retarded.

IPD
10-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Why do we need more users? This is the opposite of a popularity contest. The few threads I've read over there in the past month seem to be populated by stupid 16-year-olds. We have a lot of the longer, more knowledgeable members here. Hopefully most of the others will find it here eventually, but looks like most of the people posting there now are half retarded.

:stupid:

i saw that myself. i'm not really missing out on "what cars can i beat?" threads.

stealthee
10-14-2010, 06:36 PM
We still need more users and more activity. If not, then 3sgto will grow stagnant and die away.

dbest671
10-14-2010, 07:26 PM
...and yet, despite that, that's the only thing i've pointed out about AF that bothers you?

no one questions the devotion of admin/mods here on 3sgto. these people have proven themselves. 3si has been legitimately called into question over its support of the members/platform.

Didn't realize that was directed towards AF.. I though you were making a general statement about all the moderators/admins :p. I gotta defend my challenger.... but I do have two 3000GT in my signature :)... unfortunately, I don't have any 3SI in my garage;) (yes I meant to say 3SI, it's an inside joke that some may understand)

I'm not going to comment about AF, everybody is entitled to their own opinions. And I also will not mention the hypocritical things I have witnessed on BOTH sites.

IPD
10-14-2010, 08:23 PM
59 online; 1000+ active users.

i don't know what the other 3/s sites besides 3si boast for membership, but i think that's a rather respectable figure.

mb3000
10-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Didn't realize that was directed towards AF.. I though you were making a general statement about all the moderators/admins :p. I gotta defend my challenger.... but I do have two 3000GT in my signature :)... unfortunately, I don't have any 3SI in my garage;) (yes I meant to say 3SI, it's an inside joke that some may understand)

I'm not going to comment about AF, everybody is entitled to their own opinions. And I also will not mention the hypocritical things I have witnessed on BOTH sites.

I got it :lol:

dbest671
10-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I got it :lol:

I knew somebody would:w00t::cool:

CoreyB
10-14-2010, 11:00 PM
I have been enjoying this site. In time others will as well.