PDA

View Full Version : log for your review

deemo99
09-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Had a knock event as you can see today. Besides the obvious pucker moment, I have not located a boost leak or any other obvious problems. 550 inj ARC2 set at +1 -7 +3 +2 As soon as I go WOT I am 10.5-10.0 AFR and showing knock as indicated in the log. I let off as soon as I could. DLI gaps at .028 copper 8's non-resistor 91 ethanol free pump only boost set at 16.0 but only showing 13-14 on gauge. EVC and AEM gage not identical lately. I have a small leak on top of Fuelab FPR that I cannot yet eliminate. DR-16T's. I completed 120K work a few weeks ago, just under 100K on the car.

Any input besides get rid of knock???

I am pretty sure the coils are out of the 99 so not brand new, but fresher than the 95 original coils. The DLI lights up, but not real bright, is this normal? Base FP is 44.

Stumped...

deemo99
09-30-2014, 10:08 PM
UPDATE:

Swapped drivers side and tranny solid mount for OEM.
Swapped Fuelab FPR with OEM and disconnected hot wire to avoid overrun at idle I have read about.
Added 5 gals of 110 leaded to 10 gals of 91, should be approx 97 octane.

I added the 110 before the mount swap and the knock situation was improved. I had a hunch the solids were causing some of the knock issues and appear to be correct thus far. With the mounts in and the 97ish octane it is a totally different car. I thought the exhaust was loud and droning; wrong. The mounts made the cabin super loud due to the vibrations transmitted at all speeds. I am now running solid front and rear with OEM engine and trans mount and I really like this setup so far. I still get an odd rattle at idle from the rear mount, but should be able to remedy that.

ARC2 set at 0 -7 +2 +2 and getting 11.0 - 11.2 WOT @ 14.9psi setting on EVC. I think my AEM boost sensor is junk as it never reads the same as the EVC and is consistently lower despite no boost leaks, I kinda miss a good old Autometer mechanical boost gauge, but not pulling the dash to swap that if I don't have to. Getting the AEM's in the stock location was not the easiest project, but is there really any that are???

Tomorrow I should be able to get some more seat time and log a couple of runs. BOOOSSSSST!!!