PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating from Maximal Performance

deemo99
09-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Here it is gang. I asked Terry to do some powder coating for me and he came through, see for yourself. I had both valve covers, plenum, thermostat housing (all 3 pieces) and the lower intake all super chrome base with a black chrome topcoat. The fuel rails are deep red with clear topcoat. The chrome/black chrome is kinda charcoal and looks all sorts of shades depending on light. The fuel rails look wet with the clear topcoat. The fuel system now has all colors worked into it now based on the fuelab fpr and 3SX fuel rail loop. April rebuilt and polished the TB and the intercooler piping is the standard with the GReddy kit.

Terry was great to deal with and answered my questions, even offered his opinion when I asked for it. Communicated clear and made the whole deal simple. I have never met him, but look forward to shaking hands at an event maybe someday... The rear control arms work well too;)

Pics...

Call Terry, he'll hook you up!

Chris@Rvengeperformance
09-16-2014, 07:38 PM
looks awesome

Hard AttacK
09-16-2014, 09:37 PM
boiiiiing

99ishVR-4
09-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Everything looks great, awesome work. Looks like black chrome intercooler pipes would really tie the whole engine bay together.

Maximal
09-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Glad you're happy with it and I love that color combination, probably one of my favorites for sure!

DrGonzo
09-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah, Terry's powder coating guy is awesome! I had my water neck housing done a couple years ago in satin black. Still looks awesome to this day, I was initially worried about the top part of the neck when the pressure cap goes as they coated right where the tabs for the cap lock on. Figured it would have chipped off with the metal cap tab rubbing on it with all the times I have had the cap off draining and filling it during maintenance, Nope. The coating is holding up perfectly.