PDA

View Full Version : No start, no click click

Desperado
08-08-2014, 02:18 PM
First I will say I have the click click fix already, however I'm not even getting a click. I've checked all my wires and even have checked the starter. None of the gauges are lighting up, but I'm getting power because my lights come on and tested the battery and it's fully charged. I'm leaning toward the ignition switch in the steering column, but wanted to as you guys before I spend the money. This is on an automatic.

Boost4VR4
08-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Ignition switch for sure.

box
08-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Ignition switch is easy enough to check yourself before you go out and buy another one. Pull your column covers and gain access to the wires in the back of the switch, you should have +12v to one wire at all times. Turn ignition to ACC, you should then get +12v to another wire, turn ignition to ON and you should then have 12v to two more wires. Turn it to start and you should have +12v to one more wire when you hold it in start and your ACC wire should loose it's power.

Have you checked the fuses?

stealthee
08-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Just because you are getting lights doesn't mean you are getting proper power.

You need to check the starter trigger wire. It is a small single wire near the strut tower where the battery is, or near the air filter. I actually took a pic for someone years and years ago and have attached it below. There should be a small connector than you can test at.

That wire should show power when you have the ignition switch turned to start and only then. If you don't show power when you hit the switch then there is something faulty between the switch and that point. If that is the case then you can put the car in neutral (if you are 5 speed, leave in park if auto). Put the ignition switch into the run position. Unplug the connector and apply direct power to the end going to the starter and the car should start.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/stealthee3k/IMGP2561.jpg (http://s239.photobucket.com/user/stealthee3k/media/IMGP2561.jpg.html)