PDA

View Full Version : How many of you pay tax on car yearly?

HLxDrummer
05-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I just registered a car in WV recently and just now found out you have to pay property tax on it yearly. I'm pissed. That is just retarded..

Chris@Rvengeperformance
05-23-2014, 08:13 PM
We do, but our registrations are very cheap

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

CoopKill
05-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Just yearly registration/tax around $60

HLxDrummer
05-23-2014, 08:51 PM
I didn't know any states had property tax on cars. Guess I am just naive lol In PA it was just like $40 a year and like $60 for inspection/emissions. In WV they want 5% every year plus registration, $12 for inspection, plus $40 registration.

My Subaru is an R title so I wonder what they will value it at... Hopefully like $1,000 lol

wingnut
05-23-2014, 09:22 PM
STATEWIDE MOTOR VEHICLE PROPERTY TAXES (http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/rpt/2012-R-0086.htm)

CoopKill
05-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Well that narrows the list of states i will live in down.

mb3000
05-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Pay tax yearly here in SC. Pretty sure it's a percentage of the "assessed" value of the vehicle. My fiance paid about $300 last year for her '12 Dodge Charger.

RealMcCoy
05-23-2014, 11:37 PM
No property tax on cars... I just have to pay personal property tax on all business assets. (that's in addition to the property tax I pay on my house)

stealthee
05-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Lou I could have warned you about that. I already said if I moved to WV I would keep a "permanent residence" in PA just due to property taxes and higher car insurance rates.

You're living in Wheeling now? I pass through there (on 70 or 470) a few times a week now on my way down to either Moundsville or Benwood.

Jimvr4
05-24-2014, 12:32 AM
In Cali we pay about 2% of the purchase price in license fees. It then drops year over year. I'm at about $200 on my 2009 BMW now

green-lantern
05-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Tennessee > Fuck your state

mehrshadvr4
05-24-2014, 04:19 AM
We do too. I paid $470 this yea but I have 3 cars. My mom's car was over $700. fucked up shit. lol

guido1205us
05-24-2014, 11:59 AM
$60 each for the dailies, Toyota and Honda, $55 or so for the VR-4, nothing ever again for the Stealth - it has collector plates.

Trying to get the VR-4 collector plates as well, but Mitsubishi is being a dick about not returning my letter of inquiry of the true number of units sold in the US.

HLxDrummer
05-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Hm.. I'll have to look into what the "assessed" value is. They have antique and classic plates here - I wonder if one of those would help me out. Doubt I'll be able to get antique lol I'm about to move over the border lol!

Brain I am in Morgantown for school.. like 15 mins from your house, right? lol

stealthee
05-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Hm.. I'll have to look into what the "assessed" value is. They have antique and classic plates here - I wonder if one of those would help me out. Doubt I'll be able to get antique lol I'm about to move over the border lol!

Brain I am in Morgantown for school.. like 15 mins from your house, right? lol

I've moved since you were at my place, but yeah still only like 15 minutes. One of the entrances for 43 is right up the road from my house. I can jump on it and be in Morgantown pretty quick.

IPD
05-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Meh. They can CALL it "Ad Valorem" tax, but it's still a property tax on your car. GA had one. Blew my fucking mind. Such ridiculous bullshit.

Are there any states left that aren't a shithole of govermnent, over-ran by illegals, or both?

j2k4
05-25-2014, 09:21 AM
I pay $180-$190/year per vehicle as my share of the payoff for catastrophic accidents involving un- and under-insured drivers.

R/T93
05-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Nothing like that here in WA state, just pay for registration(40-60) and your county may have emission laws. Mine doesn't, no cats on my cars.

From the phone.

HLxDrummer
05-25-2014, 01:56 PM
I've moved since you were at my place, but yeah still only like 15 minutes. One of the entrances for 43 is right up the road from my house. I can jump on it and be in Morgantown pretty quick.

Sweet.. after the wedding we should get together sometime. Guessing your not going to NG? You can ride/hang out with me if your car isn't ready.

Meh. They can CALL it "Ad Valorem" tax, but it's still a property tax on your car. GA had one. Blew my fucking mind. Such ridiculous bullshit.

Are there any states left that aren't a shithole of govermnent, over-ran by illegals, or both?

Ya.. pretty freaking retarded.

I pay $180-$190/year per vehicle as my share of the payoff for catastrophic accidents involving un- and under-insured drivers.

Maybe you should drop insurance this year so you can get your share of the savings as well :rolleyes:

Here is my proposal for taxes: Have a high sales tax on everything and that is it. No income tax, property tax, etc. That way you are not penalized if you want to save your money for school.. or if you are an old woman living at home that buys a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread every week, want to save some money up, etc. On the other hand if you are loaded AND blowing your money on a new Ferrari every week you get slammed. And since it is a percentage, the guy buying the Ferrari is going to pay more taxes than the old woman buying bread. Easy as hell! No IRS (saves the government money), no paperwork, etc.

(Please note I know nothing about taxes, law, government, etc, etc)

IPD
05-25-2014, 02:58 PM
...but....but.....that would make WAY, WAY too much sense. I mean, those crazy germans have 19% sales tax and one of the most prosperous economies in the world. They MUST be doing something wrong... ;)

RealMcCoy
05-25-2014, 07:42 PM
...but....but.....that would make WAY, WAY too much sense. I mean, those crazy germans have 19% sales tax and one of the most prosperous economies in the world. They MUST be doing something wrong... ;)

If we did something like that the government wouldn't be able to hide all the taxes it collects... As it is, I'd guess about 50% of every dollar earned by the American worker goes to some form of tax or fee.

And how would the wealth redistribution programs function with such a system?

And how would we pay billions of dollars in interest payments to the bankers that own the federal reserve on that pittance?

If our government were to have to admit that the "high tax rate" European countries are amateurs at stealing money from their citizens, it would all be over....

Mikes2nd
05-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Nevada sucks...

Indiana sucks...

Tax-Friendly Places to Buy a Car-Kiplinger (http://www.kiplinger.com/article/cars/T009-C000-S001-tax-friendly-places-to-buy-a-car.html)