PDA

View Full Version : Alpha test - New NG Registration software.

Alan92RTTT
12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Are you willing to spend some time helping the NG test the new registration software?

Thing to understand:
1) any data you enter will be lost before NG14.
2) This software may not be done for NG14.
3) you agree to provide feedback on any issues you see when using the site.
4) You will expect to see things that do not work.
5) You will expect to enter the same data several times between now and the finished version of the site.

If you are ok with all of that click the following like.

This is a very early version lots of stuff is missing. It its there it should work. (except merchandise and totals)

3S National Gathering - July 9th - 14th, 2013 (http://www.3sng.org/signup_beta/index.php)

Alan92RTTT
12-05-2013, 11:31 PM
If you elect to login to the beta site and have no clue what to do when you get there, that is ok.

Just tell me that.

A few of you have logged in and then nothing. The last one of you did enter data so I know the save problem it had is fixed. I need to hear any comment no matter how small

stealthify
12-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Logged in and explored a little. Will spend more time with it this weekend. So far so good.

NickS VR4
12-06-2013, 05:17 AM
Logged in. Any way to unregister, or cancel?

2fnloud
12-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Comments about the "Home Page" page

None of the hotlinks to the left work, So guests that are not 3GTO.org members can not log in.

Comments about the "Personal Information" page

"This webpage has disabled automatic filling for this form" Any reason why?

Seems like the Emergency contact info would look better if you provided "slots"

"First Name" "Last Name" "Relationship"
"a selection window for type of number cell home or work" "phone number"
"a selection window for type of number cell home or work" "phone number"

Why have the "Age group"? Is it required for any special reason? after you save, that column is blank. But see how it works when you add guests...nice, just need that info to show up for the participant as well.

Comments about the "Rules" page

"RELEASE", "SALES OF GOODS AND BUSINESS PROMOTION", "CODE OF CONDUCT:", "PAYMENT POLICY", "PAYMENT DEADLNES", "REFUND POLICY", and "Payment Details"

All of these when you place a cursor over them suggest that they are a hotlink, but yet do nothing, would be neat if they hot linked to a PDF of verbiage so the user could print it out if they so desired

Only "CODE OF CONDUCT:" has a ":" thinking "all or none" here.

"DEADLNES" is missing an "I"

Comments about the "Vehicles" page

When I first visited here I skipped this, so when I took the time to fill in this info, I clicked "add". entered the info. Once all done I see that I had two entries, both were "Participating Vehicle". In the process of deleting one, I see that the option is "Delete Guest", perhaps this should say "Delete Vehicle"?

Comments about the "Events" page

Looks great! Was confused at first how I was going to select more than one event, but after I entered the first one, that confusion was gone. I like this layout better, maye have the chart there but blank as you start?

Comments about the "Merchandise" page

Nothing to comment on, Would be nice to see this similar to the "Events" page that offers window stickers/clings, 3SGTO.org T's, and additional NG T's

Comments about the "Totals" page

Again nothing to comment on,

Additional thoughts

I noticed that the events lacked the ability to enter the vehicle information needed in order to determine what class the vehicle will be required to run that event in.

Also we really need the rules and safety guidelines for certain events:

Clothing "Do's" and "Don'ts"
Helmet requirements
The Checklist of items that the vehicle will be subjected to during tech inspection before participating in an event.

That is all I have right now, like that layout thus far and have no real complaints about it

Alan92RTTT
12-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Logged in. Any way to unregister, or cancel?

Not yet

Alan92RTTT
12-06-2013, 11:26 AM
"This webpage has disabled automatic filling for this form" Any reason why?
Not intentional, Fixed.

Nationalmilkman
12-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Well the information I needed seemed to be in working order.

Alan92RTTT
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
I have updated the beta site with a new version of the software.

If you guys could take a look and see what you find that would be great.

Please please take time to let me know any comments you have while playing with the site. Refer to sfnLoud's post above for what I would love to see from anyone testing.

3S National Gathering - June 24th - 29th, 2014 (http://www.3sng.org/signup_beta/index.php)

It is beta so ALL prices are made-up and do not reflect pricing we may have for NG14 if we use this version of the registration process.

95gto
02-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Here is what I found:

1) Drag race class selections did not have any criteria

2) Auto-x class selection options didn't have any descriptions like what consistutes a race tire or gutted interior

3) General issues with error messages or perpetual loading screens, requiring multiple refreshes. "Totals" page did not load for me at all.

Uniuno
02-12-2014, 04:52 PM
After contact info on "People" page:

"Please enter all people coming with your group.
This includes participants and Guests"

Does not have participant option in dropdown.

Also, At first I was looking for a "Next" button to go between pages but I figured it out eventually :-)

It has a nice look to it though, Good job :bigthumb:

Alan92RTTT
02-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Here is what I found:

1) Drag race class selections did not have any criteria

2) Auto-x class selection options didn't have any descriptions like what consistutes a race tire or gutted interior

3) General issues with error messages or perpetual loading screens, requiring multiple refreshes. "Totals" page did not load for me at all.
1 & 2 The class information will be added shortly.
What kind of errors were you receiving?

After contact info on "People" page:

"Please enter all people coming with your group.
This includes participants and Guests"

Does not have participant option in dropdown.

Also, At first I was looking for a "Next" button to go between pages but I figured it out eventually :-)

It has a nice look to it though, Good job :bigthumb:

When you login with a new registration the first thing you see is the entry for labeled "Participant Information" Once you have entered that you'll see that you are listed in the Participant group.

CoopKill
02-12-2014, 08:38 PM
With the descriptions added for the two events I believe it is great. No issues other than not knowing the class differences as stated previously.

anyonebutme
02-12-2014, 09:01 PM
[edit]: Seems to work for me all around

Alan92RTTT
02-12-2014, 10:51 PM
I keep getting shot back to "people" page and can't see anything else, error saying there is errors on the people page.

There are errors in your registration on the People page.

You will be redirected to that page.
So what did you do that caused you to get sent back to the people page?

B-Man
02-12-2014, 10:51 PM
I don't like how it doesn't automatically take you to the vehicles page after you finish the "people" form (at least it didn't for me). All around I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I don't like change.....

Event selected for other is broken. The vehicle drop down shows "Make Other Model"

Delete icon under merch doesn't seem to want to work and I'm being charged for my first shirt that IIRC should be included in registration.

Alan92RTTT
02-12-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't like how it doesn't automatically take you to the vehicles page after you finish the "people" form (at least it didn't for me). All around I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I don't like change.....

Event selected for other is broken. The vehicle drop down shows "Make Other Model"

Delete icon under merch doesn't seem to want to work and I'm being charged for my first shirt that IIRC should be included in registration.

It can not auto forward as it does not know how many people you are going to enter. There is text telling you what to do.

anyonebutme
02-13-2014, 12:55 AM
So what did you do that caused you to get sent back to the people page?

I think it was that all fields need something in them, even if it doesn't apply..........like the license plate number of my completely not street legal race car and emergency contact. It doesn't highlight what is missing sometimes.

Alan92RTTT
02-13-2014, 01:13 AM
If the issue was on the vehicle tab, the error could have been off the top of the page. I have changed that page to scroll up when an error is found. hopefully that will correct the issue.

95gto
02-13-2014, 10:50 AM
1 & 2 The class information will be added shortly.
What kind of errors were you receiving?

I was getting a little pop up box that said error and had an OK button in it. After clicking it I would get the perpetual loading page with the loading message and swirl. At that point I would have to hit refresh. I did notice that when I would refresh I would by default be sent back to the people page. I'm not sure if that applies to the issues that Chris ran into.

Alan92RTTT
02-13-2014, 11:11 AM
ok, that kind of message should not happen.

Do you recall what you did when that happened? What page(people, events, vehicles,...) and what you had entered before it did that?

95gto
02-13-2014, 02:12 PM
ok, that kind of message should not happen.

Do you recall what you did when that happened? What page(people, events, vehicles,...) and what you had entered before it did that?

It happenend on the vehicle page and then again on the event page. After trying each option again I have not had the issue repeat. I could try wiping all my entries and starting over to see if that makes a difference.

And the totals page still fails to load for me. I get the "done with errors" note in the bottom right of the browser window and then the load screen just keeps running.

Alan92RTTT
02-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Levi, what OS / browser are you using?

Alan92RTTT
02-13-2014, 04:38 PM
You're using IE 8 ......

95gto
02-13-2014, 05:00 PM
You're using IE 8 ......

Not by choice, my work pc had to be pushed back to 8 after issues with sharepoint. I love how company IT works.

Hopefully that means my woes will be avoided by anyone not using an outdated version of IE.

Alan92RTTT
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM
yes not using IE8 will get around the issues.

that said I need to fix it for IE8. So thank you for finding the issue.

95gto
02-14-2014, 09:08 AM
yes not using IE8 will get around the issues.

that said I need to fix it for IE8. So thank you for finding the issue.

no problem, glad my several version old browser did some good.

Alan92RTTT
02-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Levi, Can you try it now? It should be more IE8 friendly now.

95gto
02-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Everything worked, totals page included. I still get the "loaded with errors" note in the bottom left of the browser but everything looked fine.

I removed all my entries and then re-entered them. I did not experience any error messages like when I originally tried.

The one thing I did find is that the site does not prevent multiple entry on events. I was able to register the same driver for go karts and I was able to register the same car and driver for the road course, selecting the same class each time.

Oh and I did not see any class information aside from what was there previously for road course. Wanted to mention this in case you made changes.

Alan92RTTT
02-14-2014, 03:16 PM
cool clad it worked for you.

I have the car/driver check on my todo list.