PDA

View Full Version : Evoscan / Chrome xml / 94 hybrid Datalogging problems

Armond30
11-17-2013, 03:20 AM
Hi,

I am now trying to log with the Evoscan datalogger on my 94 turbo car using Greg's XML (I bought/donated for chrome 2.0 just for the xml info). but when I log i get STRANGE results for the fuel trims. It appears the rear fuel trims are correct (low long term adjust over time for idle changes, Mid, and High haven't been affected yet. The rear short term fuel trim quickly responds like it should). For the front, the low fuel trim stays flatlined at 0 even though the rear has adjustments, the mid stays pretty low at around -24 and the high fuel trim bounces around like the short term should. The front short term stays pretty maxed out negative close to what the mid fuel trim says. The Front injector duty cycles numbers are crazy also. The car idles silky smooth, so I know it isn't completely loading up one side versus the other. Is there another XML file that I should use for 94-95 ECUs that will give correct values for these fields, or can I modify the information in evoscan to make this read correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is driving me crazy, and I don't have a lot of time in the day to figure out how to figure out how to make this work. I can only do one level of figuring out at a time :)

Thanks!

Greg E
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I doubt many of the things from my XML will work on anything other than a Chrome ECU. Don't think any such XML exists specifically for the 94/95 cars.

Armond30
11-17-2013, 07:14 PM
HI Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply. So how have others in the past datalogged their 94-95 cars with anything other than the maragecorp /palm datalogger setup in the past? This is my first attempt to use anything other than the palm so any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mb3000
11-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Pretty sure HHH is the favorite for many hybrid owners:

HHH Hand Held Halo Datalogger Systems OBD-I / Hybrid / OBD-II - ALL 3000GT Stealth*-*Mitsubishi 3000GT*/*Dodge Stealth Parts (http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=28457)

CoopKill
11-17-2013, 09:57 PM
I have the mirage setup if interested, and you do not have it.

dbest671
11-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I've had both the mirage set-up and HHH for the hybrid... and I sold the mirage set-up.

Jeff V.
11-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I've used noting but EvoScan on mine and my wife's 94 and 95 (and the 93 for that matter) cars for a few years now. It works fine. I'll talk to Greg and see if we can't come up with a 94-95 XML that's consistent with the flash stuff. Only a handful of request IDs changed after 95, so it shouldn't be a huge task.