PDA

View Full Version : 99 euro ecu support

The-Stig
10-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Hello all, just a polite inquiry, i have a euro spec 1999 ecu, I realise that chrome will not run on this ecu and i was wondering if there was going to be any support for it?

I would like to be able to access the fuel maps and timing etc and was wondering if anyone has a rom and xml files that may be compatible to try.

noobie to this side of things so done lots and lots of reading and trying to make sense of it all.

i have tactrix, flashecu and evoscan already.

You guys do some awsome work.

Regards.

Greg E
10-27-2013, 07:30 AM
The immobilizer is the reason why chrome doesn't work on your ECU. It's a unit external to the ECU itself. That needs to be disabled.

The-Stig
10-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi thanks for the reply, my car is a 1996 Gto TT currently on the hybrid system. There is no external immobiliser from what I know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Greg E
10-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Oh well then you should be good.

The-Stig
10-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Oh well then you should be good.

So am I able to flash chrome directly or am I some sort of guinea pig at the moment :lo5l: ?

Greg E
10-27-2013, 09:38 AM
The cars I got feedback from were all stock 99s. So you get to be a Guinea pig. :)

The-Stig
10-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Lol that's reassuring, if it don't work would I be able to revert back to the original ROM?

Willing to share all information if anyone is interesting in any r&d.

Waiting on a harness so I'll repost once ready to rock and roll.

Thanks for the help dude.

Greg E
10-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Read the image on your ECU and save it before writing Chrome onto it.

Do you know how to so this? If not, I can give you a copy of the stock euro rom to flash back on with the immobilizer disabled. You won't be able to do much with it though nor does it have the chrome mods.

Ange
10-27-2013, 12:00 PM
I have the 99 euro ecu.

Had some troubles with the immobilizer. Blackstealth helped me disabling it.

Greg made the defenition file for me with everything you need. Fuel map, timing map etc. Doesn't have everything of Chrome I guess but I think it has everything you will need honestly.

Works for me anyways and I'm happy with it. If it doesn't work out for you then I can send you my files if you pay 10$ to Greg. (for the def file he worked on)

The-Stig
10-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Looks like Greg is the man!

I already extracted the rom from my ecu (you can have it if it helps anyone analyse it etc).

Would love to look at Greg's version with the def files, let me know how to make the payment and I'll send it over.

I'm not really interested in the rest of the chrome etc at this stage I only want to look at the fuel maps and timing data just to get me off the ground.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greg E
10-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Shoot me a donation.

PayPal: nonstopmix@gmail.com

The-Stig
10-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Just read this I'll send it you shortly bud.

Cheers.

#edit:donation sent and pm sent :o)

The-Stig
12-04-2013, 02:50 PM
So update today, installed my 99 ECU in my 96 GTO MR. Everything OK, decided to flash chrome and bricked myself..............

....but the car LIVES! Doing some testing to see everything checks out but she is running and driving the same. Some logging to come shortly.

So im running a Jap 96 GTO MR Z15A with a swedish Euro ECU with a USA spec flash file in the UK lol:witless:

Ange
12-04-2013, 04:25 PM
good stuff!

what other mods do you have/are you planning?

The-Stig
12-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi guys, done a few gentile log runs in the car touching boost and there is no knock or adverse reactions from the car itself.

Did have CEL lights in the dash but updated the periphery2 bit 15 as off and reflashed, had to clear the CEL codes using EvoScan 2.4 and all is well.

Waiting on an Inovite LC-1 so i can wire it into Blackstealths LCD controller to create a clean monitor install. Will also be acquiring a Mac valve 35AAAADDBA1BA to replace into the stock boost controller solenoid and control boost from the ECU.

So far it looks like the Euro ECU are 100% compatible with Chrome, ill be doing further testing however.

***EDIT:

i am currently on stock engine with 13T and greddy FMIC, waiting to fit 550's.

Ange
12-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Hi guys, done a few gentile log runs in the car touching boost and there is no knock or adverse reactions from the car itself.

Did have CEL lights in the dash but updated the periphery2 bit 15 as off and reflashed, had to clear the CEL codes using EvoScan 2.4 and all is well.

Waiting on an Inovite LC-1 so i can wire it into Blackstealths LCD controller to create a clean monitor install. Will also be acquiring a Mac valve 35AAAADDBA1BA to replace into the stock boost controller solenoid and control boost from the ECU.

So far it looks like the Euro ECU are 100% compatible with Chrome, ill be doing further testing however.

***EDIT:

i am currently on stock engine with 13T and greddy FMIC, waiting to fit 550's.
you'll probably overrun stock maf with those mods so you'd want evo 8/9 maf too.

Euro Ecu compatible with chrome?? Don't think so. Greg said it wasn't.

Greg E
12-06-2013, 08:39 AM
It's compatible with cars without an immobilizer.

Jesters is working on a Euro ECU that will disable the immobilizer too!

Ange
12-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Really then I should get chrome too.

But I don't plan on retuning it untill I go bigger turbos so I'll wait untill then. Runs fine as is now anyways.

The-Stig
12-06-2013, 04:19 PM
It's compatible with cars without an immobilizer.

Jesters is working on a Euro ECU that will disable the immobilizer too!

Well looking at my setup i recon as mentioned before the JDM GTO doesn't have a separate immobiliser check circuit external to the ECU (to my limited knowledge) but the
UK 3000GT does (correct me if im wrong here)

Given the opportunity I want to test this by plugging in my ECU to a 3000GT to see if it runs at all, need a volunteer now lol.

Im not planning on running huge power, something around 450 will suffice. If any of the developers need any code testing on the car let me know im willing to help out.

99 vr4
12-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Read the image on your ECU and save it before writing Chrome onto it.

Do you know how to so this? If not, I can give you a copy of the stock euro rom to flash back on with the immobilizer disabled. You won't be able to do much with it though nor does it have the chrome mods.

Just a quick note on this. .. You MUST save YOUR ROM... No one else's ROM will work if you have an immobilizer. . There is a code in the ROM which ties it to a specific immobilizer box. This is the same setup used in the 2000 Eclipse. ..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Greg E
12-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Just a quick note on this. .. You MUST save YOUR ROM... No one else's ROM will work if you have an immobilizer. . There is a code in the ROM which ties it to a specific immobilizer box. This is the same setup used in the 2000 Eclipse. ..

You will lose the immobilizer while running the jesters ECU but the idea is, you can reinstall your stock ECU which will have that tag still on it and it will function again if you return to stock.

99 vr4
12-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Actually you can disable the immobilizer vis code. .. This is not unique to the hardware.

The Eclipse guys have been doing this for years... There is a table where the immobilizer code is held. .. And this can be bypassed

Greg E
12-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Actually you can disable the immobilizer vis code. .. This is not unique to the hardware.

The Eclipse guys have been doing this for years... There is a table where the immobilizer code is held. .. And this can be bypassed

Yes Brett...

...but they can't run chrome on their ECUs.

99 vr4
12-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Had nothing to do with Chrome...

Tephra v5.10 96260009 ROM has an example. ..

Just need to add the table definition to the ECU Flash XML file and turn off the immobilizer....

Also why can they not run Chrome

Greg E
12-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Oh so people are going to run an EVO 8 rom on their euro 3000GT. Got it.

What about the non-flashable ecu 3000GT guys with the immobilizer?

99 vr4
12-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Your not getting it. .. Non Flashable.. Convert to Flashable, disable immobilizer.. done

The EVO guys have been doing this for a while swapping hardware back and forth between vehicles that came equipped with immobilizers and those without. ..

Greg E
12-07-2013, 09:45 AM
I never knew the immobilizer could be disabled in the code. That's like... whoa!

The-Stig
12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
As a side note guys would be interesting to know where this mysterious box for the immobiliser is actually located?

The-Stig
12-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi, another quick update. Managed to install and test blackstealths LCDBC on my Chrome euro ECU...

Waiting for LC-2 to fit shortly and wire in the wideband to the ecu and the LCDBC.

So im guessing no one knows where the immobiliser unit is situated on the car then?

Jeff V.
12-15-2013, 01:34 PM
As a side note guys would be interesting to know where this mysterious box for the immobiliser is actually located?

It's attached to a bracket where the ETACS module is mounted. You'll probably have to pull the knee panel under the steering column to get a good look at it.

It might actually be piggy-back on the rear side of the ETACS module, facing the firewall. It's tough to tell from the diagram I have.