PDA

View Full Version : first flash with chrome, runs poor/lean

Trevor425
09-26-2013, 10:35 AM
so i followed Gregs thread about tuning the first ROM for my 1g, now my car is way lean and sputters out under any kind of real load. it gets worse at operating temp. i dont have my wbo2 wired to the ecu yet, plan to do that tonight. i was wondering if maybe my o2s are wired backwards. ive seen a few posts about it after searching for my issue.

i donno if someone could look at my ROM, maybe i missed something? im not sure how to post my Rom file or logs, though.

Greg E
09-26-2013, 12:20 PM
There's a very easy way to tell if your NBs are backwards. Log both the front and rear primary sensors and see if one is max rich and the other is max lean. Then disable bit 2 of periphery 0 and flash the ECU. If the car runs perfect then your narrowbands are swapped.

Trevor425
09-27-2013, 11:37 AM
well i fired it up last night to burp the coolant. ran a log, and it looks like one bank is rich and one is lean. i need to have my wife register excel/office on my laptop so i can post logs. unfortunately i had just installed a set of 13g's the other day, and the rear one is making a chattering noise after partial throttle,no loads. basically i noticed it after revving it to help the coolant burp. when the engine revs slowed to idle i heard it chattering like the turbo was winding down, with a stethoscope i isolated the rear turbine housing. i just put new bearings and turbine seals in the damn things too. so looks like i may have to tear the car down again, and put off tuning a while longer. ill investigate it further tonight, as i was too annoyed last night to look any further.