PDA

View Full Version : iPad Review

Atrosity
10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
So I was at my brothers place all weekend and he bought an iPad. Now I always knocked at the ipad and thought it was very gimmicky until I actually got to sit down with one and use it. This thing is amazing, some of you may say "it's just a larger iphone" but don't knock it until you try it because that is what I was doing.

Viewing the internet is very cool the screen looks sharper then my computer, it is very portable and easier to type on then a laptop when just lounging around on the couch and bed. To add to this is also the emailing and presentation. Emailing is very nice on this actually, I feel like I can email quicker on this then a netbook but not as fast as I could on my laptop or desktop. This is very nice for presentation as in I can just show you what I am looking at instead of dealing with a irregular L shaped laptop, I can just hand you the tablet pc.

What is very cool is watching on the app hulu+ I was watching the latest episodes of How I met your mother on this, what makes it nice is that it is again very portable. Watching on this is soo much easier then a netbook with a bigger screen and it is definitely a replacement to portable dvd players for the car, I was watching streamed movies in hd quality. Not to mention you have 16 Gigs for other movies you can put on here or music.

Lastly, the gaming apps on this is a lot of fun. On the iphone the games are cool but on this, the games are a lot bigger and you can do so much more and it is really interactive.

There is so much more you can do with this too as well. You guys can say "my laptop can do that or my phone can do thatand etc" but really this is awesome and that the whole experience of this as a package was really cool. For 500 it seems worth it to me. I plan on purchasing maybe the next generation one but not anytime soon.

Mikes2nd
10-04-2010, 07:23 PM
there are way cooler coming out... ill take one with windows 7...

MK_94_3000GT
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I've loved mine since the day it came out, I'm on it right now. Doesn't get much better than running my entire business wherever I am without worrying about battery life or any cords or loading. Not to mention the fact that I'm never bored wherever I go :lol:

91stealthrt2
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Eh, I don't think I would ever drop $500 for a device like that. If it was $300 and had W7 premium then maybe...

Atrosity
10-04-2010, 11:36 PM
I've loved mine since the day it came out, I'm on it right now. Doesn't get much better than running my entire business wherever I am without worrying about battery life or any cords or loading. Not to mention the fact that I'm never bored wherever I go :lol:

This was my exact thoughts! haha!

They are coming out with an android wepad. I am sure my opinion will be the same for that.

Jeremy C
10-05-2010, 12:31 AM
I don't see the point in the iPad. Then again, I don't do "consumption devices" all that much (could care less about a smart phone, let alone a giant iPod Touch/iPhone). The lack of keyboard, flash capability, or any real gaming capability (when I say game, I'm talking Metro 2033, L4D2, etc) means everything I use my PC for, I cannot do on the iPad. The price of the thing is also way out there. Just can't justify it.

ferriolom
10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
I'll say it:
My iPhone does all of that and more. *shrug*

terrets
10-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the review. Id still rather get one of those laptops with the rotatable touch screen. So its like an Ipad except thicker :D.

Atrosity
10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Haha, if you like the iPhone then there is a chance you will like the iPad if you were to try it out. A tablet pc like this really gives you something to do when you are bored.

I want to see how the WePad comes out with the android OS. I can't get over that name compared to the iPad.

SilverBullet
10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I got an iPad for work, they gave it to me. I was really excited to get one. I have an iPhone, and I love it. I'm more and more sarting to like Macs. But, I don't use the iPad. It sits on my desk at home. It's the most worthless waste of technology I've ever had. Sure it's cool, you can surf the internet on it! That's about it. I can do that on my iPhone.. and, I can make phone calls too! And have email access!

Honestly, it might be more usable if I were able to purchase worthwhile apps. But, since my work isn't willing to pay for apps and I'm not about to pay for them myself, about the only thing I can say about the iPad is that it's a big iPod touch. And, it doesn't even have a calculator app from the start.. I had to download an app for that!

And typing is easier than on a laptop? As if!

Atrosity
10-05-2010, 03:31 PM
And typing is easier than on a laptop? As if!

Meant a netbook.