PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2013 Grill and Chill

sergechronos
09-08-2013, 12:47 PM
This section of the forums needs a bit more goin on.

As we discussed at BRG, we need to start working out dates and plans for the Fall GnC. Current ideas that have been tossed out: Doing it on a weekend when TN has an away game, doing it in late October to do the Dragon for our morning cruise, potentially doing a keg again (since it seemed like it worked out well last time), etc. So throw our dates and ideas and let's get the ball rolling.

Okay: So, now that I've had some sleep (and much needed coffee), I've edited this post to address the confusion in it and make amendments. We will, after GNC make posts and consolidate the information from the various forums. I'm only on 3SI and 3SGTO as well as our new Tn3S facebook group, so it'll be up to you guys to reach out to others on various other pages.

Fall GnC Plans:
When: To be determined (in this thread)
Where: Paul's House/Devil's Triangle
Why: Cause ain't no party like a Tn3S party.
Things to be determined between now and then: Date? Keg again? Food plans? Should we adopt those poor Ky3S folks? Do gingers really have souls, and if not are they still allowed to be part of TN3S?

Things to be discussed at the GnC (and therefore you should be thinking about now):
1) Doing monthly/bimonthly meets for cruises such as the Snake (Tricities area), the Ocoee River Run (SE TN), Happy Valley (Foothills parkway near the Dragon IIRC), and of course The Dragon (sometime during late fall to early spring when it's not as busy) and the Triangle (although we already do that for the GnC). Not familiar with Middle TN at all, so that'd be up to them to find roads out there if they want to try to get us that way.
2) Trying to get people from Western NC (Asheville area), southern VA (tricities and such), NW GA and NE Bama to join us to increase the size of the meets and get to know more people.
3) New logo. While Coop has printed the TN3S stickers, he has admitted we are looking for something different. We are thinking about also giving team member numbers. Lastly, we are looking to make a banner similar to GA3S, as well as shirts (or hoodies or whatever). So whatever you come up with should be applicable to all of those. I'll try to get info from him on what the requirements are as far as size and level of detail. For the stickers at least, you don't want a LOT of small parts because it makes it difficult to apply them. We may do a couple different logos, a simpler one for the stickers and a more stylized one for the banner and shirts and such. Since we don't have a plan for assigning numbers or anything yet, try to think up ideas. Idea was also floated to maybe put member names or nicknames on the back of the shirt, perhaps we could just rip off the Volunteers color scheme and style? :P
tl;dr of 3) Logo design. Stickers yes or no? Banner yes or no? Shirts yes or no? Colors?
4) Ways to get more 3S owners in TN involved
5) Uses for a Tn3S Facebook group? (I started one for us) I think probably easier to get people started on there than it is to get them to jump into using the forums personally. Should we have our own webpage/forum rather than having to bounce between multiple areas to get the info, or do we use the FB group as a consolidation point for information and plans?
6) Get cards or something printed to stick on the windshield of 3S cars in parking lots to get them to join in the madness?

If anybody brings up any other thoughts in the threads, I'll add them to this list.

green-lantern
09-08-2013, 03:18 PM
What do you think about Nov 8th?

futurevr4man
09-08-2013, 04:15 PM
I personally doubt I will go out and run the dragon again, but idk. It's fun and all but there is too much traffic and my car isn't running how it needs to for me to drive it how I want to.

green-lantern
09-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I personally doubt I will go out and run the dragon again, but idk. It's fun and all but there is too much traffic and my car isn't running how it needs to for me to drive it how I want to.

We won't be doing that at GNC, just not enough time. Devils Triangle would be the run, although Brian is talking about getting together for day meets more often and hitting some other runs.

I assume you made it home fine, BTW I need to talk to you about what I was telling you when we left the waffle house. (my son) lol, I'm mad but I can't blame him.

sergechronos
09-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah, sorry. Brain (and my post) are all jumbled up because I was trying to sort through a million things upon getting home but wanted to get this up. I'll edit my post later for clarity. In short: Sean and I discussed doing regular monthly or bimonthly meets at various locations such as the Dragon during the offseason (late October-March) when visibility is better because the trees have no leaves, and there is not as much traffic. Whether we would just rent out one big cabin and all crash there or just commute, don't know yet. Same deal with The Snake (Up by Bristol) which would be a bit of a haul for a true GnC, but would probably work for similar to how we did BRG: We go and drive it a couple times, stop for lunch/dinner then either go our separate ways or carry on the party if there's interest.

Summation of pertinent information for the actual GNC stuff: Date/time, other potential runs in the area we may want to do, create a logo for stickers shirts and a banner, Coop mentioned possibly doing member numbers for the team stickers to make them a bit more personal than just TN3S. We could then also get those put onto shirts with nicknames or similar. Could also be used for patches and shit of places that we've gone, or events that we've done where we've repped the TN3S group. A lot of this is stuff to discuss AT the GNC, but we want to get people thinking about now to come up with plans and ideas beforehand.

green-lantern
09-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Coop mentioned possibly doing member numbers for the team stickers to make them a bit more personal than just TN3S. We could then also get those put onto shirts with nicknames or similar. Could also be used for patches and shit of places that we've gone, or events that we've done where we've repped the TN3S group. A lot of this is stuff to discuss AT the GNC, but we want to get people thinking about now to come up with plans and ideas beforehand.

I like this idea (I call 69) since KY is honorary TN we might need to think about just combining.

sergechronos
09-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Somehow I find myself remarkably unsurprised. Would that make Nathan the number 0 since gingers don't count as people?

futurevr4man
09-08-2013, 10:06 PM
We are going to become the mini STL crew lol

sergechronos
09-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I've edited the post to hopefully make it more clear.

futurevr4man
09-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Even if I don't have a soul, and you all don't allow me to join (your loss and you know it!) at least my car runs and drives, so HA! to you TN3S nerds! :p

sergechronos
09-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Hmm..Touche. Dwain's car is still running (to my knowledge), and one of Coop's just has a power steering leak. April and Linda both have running VR4s, but beyond that, I think that you're right that most of the rest of us have non running VR4s at the moment.

green-lantern
09-09-2013, 03:49 PM
ouch

Nov8 is too far out I think anyway

sergechronos
09-09-2013, 03:58 PM
What about Oct 26? TN plays Bama. The roads coming up to Knox and west of Nashville should be fairly empty, and gives us a good game to watch that night.. Bit later than we usually do it, but that basically gives everyone like 6 weeks to prepare, time for April's knee to recover (if they want to come) and for people to recoup some of the budgetary losses from BRG.

Edit: Nvm, just saw Myle's wife has her birthday on the 27th. We could do it like the 12th of October. That's 1 month to get stuff sorted out.

sergechronos
09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Spent some time today procrastinating from school work, came up with this as a logo.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a218/majwoody/Tn3SLogo_zps474aceb2.png (http://s12.photobucket.com/user/majwoody/media/Tn3SLogo_zps474aceb2.png.html)

This would leave the top diamond open for the number. Seemed balanced better than doing TN up top and then 3 and S on the left and right. I believe it's Cambria font with an inner and outer glow in this particular case, could obviously be simplified for car stickers if we want to go that route. Would probably work well as a shirt logo, something over the breast kind of deal. For a banner, would probably want shadows or something about the diamond itself.

dbest671
09-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Even if I don't have a soul, and you all don't allow me to join (your loss and you know it!) at least my car runs and drives, so HA! to you TN3S nerds! :p

You do realize that you have to give your award back. I think that nice black Toyota MR2 needs it. He lost 2nd and 4th on the dragon yesterday and still had the drive back huntsville, AL.

green-lantern
09-09-2013, 07:46 PM
You do realize that you have to give your award back. I think that nice black Toyota MR2 needs it. He lost 2nd and 4th on the dragon yesterday and still had the drive back huntsville, AL.

Really? I was drooling over that car, I wanted it so bad.

dbest671
09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah, he pulled in where we were loading the Spyder. He lost 2nd and 4th, but there was a convoy of people. *Almost* offered to trailer the car for him to like Nashville, but thought it might not be a good idea.

I voted for him for high school dream car... I love that car and Rob's (probably because it's blue).

green-lantern
09-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I voted for him for high school dream car... I love that car and Rob's (probably because it's blue).

Me too

sergechronos
09-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Samesies. Rob's was the only one I voted for multiple categories. High school dream car and Best in Show. Had I known about the plan to try to send him home with Ugly Duckling I would've put him there and myself as BiS :p

futurevr4man
09-09-2013, 09:56 PM
I voted for the newer blue BMW as high school dream car. I know it wasn't made when I was in high school, but if I was in high school, it's the car I would want.

And take what I'm about to say as you like, it's not meant to be douchey. I will NOT wear a shirt with a TN orange logo on it in any way. I'm all game for being part of the crew but I'm not rocking TN colored anything anywhere. I have to be faithful to my school... And my heart ;)

sergechronos
09-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Damnit if you want to be a part of this group you shall sell your so-...oh right. Nevermind, carry on :biggrin:

ZERO
09-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Yeah my car runs, and runs well, but since the last grill n chill when Nathan did that little rev with his stroker, its got me wanting to go that route. :)

familyMAN
09-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Subbing in case you allow IN to attend:)

futurevr4man
09-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Dude, you should definitely come! The grill n chills are a lot of fun

sergechronos
09-10-2013, 02:20 PM
That's actually one thing that Paul, Sean and I were discussing at BRG (and Coop as well even though hes not on this forum) is trying to get folks from other states to come join us at Grill and Chills, as well as for the more regular monthly (or bimonthly) meets/minimeets we plan to start doing. Get to know more of the community, and encourage involvement. And also driving fast with sexy cars.

sergechronos
11-03-2013, 08:42 PM
1 week away, need to get a head count and establish what time we're starting this shindig as well as establish food plans and what not.

green-lantern
11-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Subbing in case you allow IN to attend:)
Hell yeah, bring it

Dude, you should definitely come! The grill n chills are a lot of fun
this

1 week away, need to get a head count and establish what time we're starting this shindig as well as establish food plans and what not.

Yes we do, going to be working on that tomorrow. Been busy

dbest671
11-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Sadly we won't be attending this one... too much going on.

green-lantern
11-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Sadly we won't be attending this one... too much going on.

I understand, you guys will be missed though. It will be a bit empty without you and Don. Tell him I said hi and sorry I didn't get to chat with him much at BRG. Hopefully spring GNC I can hang out with him more.

familyMAN
11-05-2013, 09:43 AM
No go for me. Car in pieces again:)

green-lantern
11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
No go for me. Car in pieces again:)

Eh, so is mine, we just hang out and party some anyway lol

sergechronos
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
We're gonna party like it's 1999..Cause that's the last time some of our cars were running :suspect:

SuperFast3000GT
11-09-2013, 11:53 AM
We're gonna party like it's 1999..Cause that's the last time some of our cars were running :suspect:
Speak for yourself bro, muhahaha. :) I can't wait to see everyone today.

sergechronos
11-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Says the dude bringing a van lol

sergechronos
12-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Time to start making plans for the Spring 2014 GNC I think. :D

green-lantern
12-16-2013, 12:31 PM
:eh: .....

sergechronos
12-16-2013, 01:43 PM
lol I figure if I say it now, we'll start planning in about 4 months. :p

green-lantern
12-16-2013, 04:17 PM
That's about right

sergechronos
12-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Rough time table of events to schedule around would be NG in..July? BRG probably September again since that went over well? East Coast Gathering is like..May?
So figure Spring GnC may late march, early April? And a fall meet in mid-late October?

green-lantern
12-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Not really worried about ECG because nobody that goes to GNC goes to ECG so April/may will probably be good.

futurevr4man
12-16-2013, 11:12 PM
I have a wedding in April and I'm a best man in another in July (always the bridesmaid, never the bride... uuugghh)
Put on top of those, the bachelor parties, and it will have to land on a good weekend. Plus ill be pulling the engine on the ol vr4, sooooo I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

green-lantern
12-17-2013, 09:43 AM
I have a wedding in April and I'm a best man in another in July (always the bridesmaid, never the bride... uuugghh)
Put on top of those, the bachelor parties, and it will have to land on a good weekend. Plus ill be pulling the engine on the ol vr4, sooooo I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'll start a thread when it gets a bit closer asking what date is good with people. That seems to work the best. It's never good for everyone but I get it best for most.

sergechronos
12-17-2013, 10:36 AM

Well, if you miss it at least you have a good reason

I'll start a thread when it gets a bit closer asking what date is good with people. That seems to work the best. It's never good for everyone but I get it best for most.

Being selfish here, but either mid March, or after May 6th works best for me as finals run until the 6th. Would rather be done with them, or at least at a point of classes where I shouldn't be getting hammered with school work, be easier for me. Plus, current estimate to have the car put back together is around Mid March (Guess what I'm doing for Spring Break :P )

As an aside Paul, may end up needing your help during that time. Thinking I may go ahead and do the Ninja Output shaft/input spool replacement before getting this back on the road as those splines are pretty worn and I already have it all apart, however I am not comfortable opening up the transmission. Any chance you've got the experience to help?

green-lantern
12-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Being selfish here, but either mid March, or after May 6th works best for me as finals run until the 6th. Would rather be done with them, or at least at a point of classes where I shouldn't be getting hammered with school work, be easier for me. Plus, current estimate to have the car put back together is around Mid March (Guess what I'm doing for Spring Break :P )

As an aside Paul, may end up needing your help during that time. Thinking I may go ahead and do the Ninja Output shaft/input spool replacement before getting this back on the road as those splines are pretty worn and I already have it all apart, however I am not comfortable opening up the transmission. Any chance you've got the experience to help?

March might be best

I'll PM you about the trans