PDA

View Full Version : having temp sensor issue with aem v2

propbreaker
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I am having an issue with the temp reading thru the aem it is reading 248 Fahrenheit but the temp on my gauge is reading 185 Fahrenheit. I changed the sensor that is supposed to be the ecm sensor for stock but no change . Which sensor is the aem using for reference temp . I changed the center square sensor on water jacket. Gauge port is supposed to be the single wire if rember the manual correctly. Help please if someone knows what going on

fastfalcon94
06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
On my car I don't think I ever set the coolent temp sensor in the wizard. Or if I did, when I go back in the wizard it shows nothing as being bold. My coolent temp reads fine in aem though. What .cal version are you using? I'm still using v17. (94 vr4 with aem v2)

propbreaker
06-04-2013, 01:26 PM
According to info help tab about it says it V2.98 last update 8/23/12 . I checked for a newer update and there was none.

fastfalcon94
06-04-2013, 01:55 PM
thats the aem tuner version. I was referring to the .cal file version. It would match the firmware on aem. It should be in the end of your filename...

propbreaker
06-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I found out what was wrong it was program error in the wizard it matches to mitsubishi aem (###)
It should be mitsubishi non aem . Aem tech support emailed me that it is an issue that they are correcting in the next update