PDA

View Full Version : logging wideband issues

futurevr4man
04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
i have an LC-1 wideband, and i wired in the yellow 0-5v from the wideband's 6 wire harness into pin 77 (pin 93 on 98/99 ecu).

i am getting *A* signal, but it is very incorrect and doesnt match up with my wideband. i selected the LC-1 in evoscan, and i logged both "external wideband a/f ratio" as well as "wideband scaled". only the "wideband scaled" is giving me a reading.

my wideband will say full lean, and this setting is saying full rich, or close to it. it will change with throttle input, so i know it is getting a signal of somekind. any advice?

thanks

Greg E
04-21-2013, 07:45 PM
You missed a step.

http://www.3sgto.org/tuning-engine-electronics-ecu-discussions/10777-chrome-v2-tech-manual.html#post211663

After you got the sensor scaled and the ROM flashed into your ECU, all you need to log is wideband scaled from here on out.

futurevr4man
04-21-2013, 09:33 PM
mucho grasias. i had no idea i had to do that. i figured you had set it up in evoscan!

thanks greg

Greg E
04-21-2013, 09:56 PM
mucho grasias. i had no idea i had to do that. i figured you had set it up in evoscan!

thanks greg

That was the way I did it for V1, but there are so many different sensors out there and I needed a different scaling for each one... It was confusing for people.

This way cleared everything up and made it tidier.

futurevr4man
04-21-2013, 09:58 PM
fair enough

futurevr4man
04-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Just for the sake of not starting a new thread ill ask this here:

Today I started the car and let it idle. It was too rich so I took out some fuel. When I started it again I noticed a couple of weird things, and they are things that have been happening before I got the plug n play ecu...

1. My rear o2 sensor is getting stuck on a number. 2.5xx was the number today. Faulty sensor I guess?

2. My wide band started at 14.3 as soon as I started the car. It slowly crept all the way up to 20.xx but the car still idled relatively the same. My front o2 sensor was reading in the negative on the short term which makes no sense.

My rear manifold is warped at the flange I believe, could that be causing all of these issues? I don't care what my wide and says at idle, but I want the car to be close to stoich at idle. Any ideas?

futurevr4man
04-23-2013, 12:55 AM
I have a log showing all of this if you want me to post up a pic or email you the excel file or anything

Kx1984
04-23-2013, 07:30 AM
what scaling did u use for the lc1?

Roybatty
04-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Just for the sake of not starting a new thread ill ask this here:

Today I started the car and let it idle. It was too rich so I took out some fuel. When I started it again I noticed a couple of weird things, and they are things that have been happening before I got the plug n play ecu...

1. My rear o2 sensor is getting stuck on a number. 2.5xx was the number today. Faulty sensor I guess?

2. My wide band started at 14.3 as soon as I started the car. It slowly crept all the way up to 20.xx but the car still idled relatively the same. My front o2 sensor was reading in the negative on the short term which makes no sense.

My rear manifold is warped at the flange I believe, could that be causing all of these issues? I don't care what my wide and says at idle, but I want the car to be close to stoich at idle. Any ideas?

My o2s get stuck sometimes, when cold/warming up. Eventually start cycling.

Wide band starts rich ~12.5. After car goes to closed loop, generally stays on my settings.

Any break in exhaust prior to wb sensor will affect reading.

Never seen negative reading.

Revel in your time

Greg E
04-23-2013, 08:00 AM

The car is supposed to do this. There is a delay time after the car is started before the ECU goes into closed loop.

The AFRs are supposed to go rich during initial start. Then about. 15 seconds later (or whatever you set the post start closed loop enable timer to) the ECU will start to cycle the narrow bands.

futurevr4man
04-23-2013, 08:34 AM
what scaling did u use for the lc1?

Whatever it says in the book. I can't recall off the top of my head, it was like 0v = 7.5 and 5v = 22.1

Wide band starts rich ~12.5. After car goes to closed loop, generally stays on my settings.

Any break in exhaust prior to wb sensor will affect reading.

Never seen negative reading.

Revel in your time

I don't KNOW that I have a break of any kind. The exhaust doesn't leak anywhere under the car but I definitely have one in the engine bay and it looks like its from the flange on the manifold.

The car is supposed to do this. There is a delay time after the car is started before the ECU goes into closed loop.

The AFRs are supposed to go rich during initial start. Then about. 15 seconds later (or whatever you set the post start closed loop enable timer to) the ECU will start to cycle the narrow bands.

I understand that but I let it idle for like 10 minutes and logged the whole thing. The afrs slowly crept up until about 20.1 then stabilized there. With the short term being negative that means the ecu is pulling fuel, but with such a lean afr at idle, it doesn't make sense. That's what's confusing me. Nothing is agreeing with each other. Wide and says lean and narrowband says rich.

Greg E
04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Fix your flange leak. :p

futurevr4man
04-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Lol you come pull the engine then! Do you think that's the cause of all my problems?

Greg E
04-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Yes definitely!

Hmmm... Road trip to Kentucky. :chin:

futurevr4man
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
I would love to have you, and I would love to knock it all out in a weekend, but I need my life to slow down a bit lol. School + a lot of work makes me super stressed!

If you are really considering coming down we have a room you could have all to yourself, and you are more than welcome! Lexington has a great bar scene as well ;)

Greg E
04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Haha, trade you school and life for working a 45-50 hour job, plus an hour a day at the gym, plus writing code, plus answering questions about it, plus turning wrenches on cars, plus dealing with Brett and Adam, plus maintaining a little something that resembles a social life, plus a little sleep.

Kinda funny but my "real" full time job is actually the most relaxing part of my day. :)

futurevr4man
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Hahaha I can't argue with that. The answering questions part is one thing you do well that is quite impressive. Your code writing however... Lol kidding!!

Well my offer still stands. If you wanna ask off a Friday and drive down I can show you a good time, on me!

No homo.

Greg E
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
It takes me forever to write code simply because I like to very thoroughly test it before putting it out there to the public. The current hang up is I sold my 98 VR4 this lost my test/development car. The new 99 is in too many pieces. :(

I'm relying solely on Adam right now to test code and between the two of us, we are lucky to speak an hour every few days. So development has been slow.

Fortunately all the switchable map stuff is ready. Just the 3D boost control maps and new custom output pin coding need some touch up.

striker2
04-23-2013, 04:26 PM
If i know 2+ weeks in advance i can request a friday or saturday off and come over and help. Im over in LaGrange so not that far from Lexington.

3d boost maps? Im going to have to find time to put my stock ecu back in so i can send my SL ecu off to be converted to a full 99 VR4 ecu.

GTWHOA
04-23-2013, 08:44 PM
The yellow wire on the lc-1 is the narrowband output. Shouldn't you be using the brown for 0-5v ecu input?

Greg E
04-23-2013, 09:26 PM
The yellow wire on the lc-1 is the narrowband output. Shouldn't you be using the brown for 0-5v ecu input?

yes

Although the setup I got for scaling the inputs can be setup to use a 1V signal.

futurevr4man
04-24-2013, 01:36 PM
the yellow wire can also be programmed to output 0 - 5V. i figured it out at this point, but thanks for the heads up

striker, if i have anything come up sometime soon, ill shoot ya a pm!