PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3

94stealthr/t
04-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Best shooter of 2013. Go play if, if you game.

IPD
04-21-2013, 04:20 PM
never played the first 2. why should i play this one? sell me on it.

keep in mind that the best story out of any FPS happened 14 years ago.

FeaRpb
04-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Far Cry 3 is a great game. Only thing I don't like about it is that it is repetitive

94stealthr/t
04-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes, it is a bit repetitive but for the most part, a solid 9/10.

The first two were great, but there is no relevance between 1, 2, and 3. If you like FPS' and solid story, it's great.

FeaRpb
04-21-2013, 06:26 PM
3 looks incredible also.

Post via Tapatalk

sergechronos
04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I played 3, wish I could've gotten it. Definitely a lot of fun and the graphics are gorgeous. Certainly compared to most other FPS crap that's shoveled out, it's definitely a cut above and a must play.

stealthify
04-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Far Cry 3 is my game of the year. Great game.

Highlights:

Amazing graphics
Memorable characters (Vaas, mostly -- I usually become bored with most game villains)
Great game mechanics/controls
Love the free-roam/open world experience
Enjoyable missions (e.g. weed fields)
Good selection of weapons (few things are as fun as sneaking through the uncharted jungle with a bow and arrow)
Fun story
etc.

The combination of all the above make for a very immersive game.

For whatever reason, I almost didn't buy FC3, but then Amazon had it on sale. Definitely glad I got it.

CoopKill
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
What platform are you all playing on?

stealthify
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
PC is generally my first choice, if it's available.

Played it on xbox too -- gets the job done.

sergechronos
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Same. PC is preferred platform. 360 for pretty much all else. Wii for playin with friends who aren't normally gamers.

FeaRpb
04-21-2013, 10:22 PM
PC or nothing

Post via Tapatalk

CoopKill
04-21-2013, 10:35 PM
I have the original FarCry, but would need to build another rig to play the new one. lol Built the last pc to play the first FarCry... :sad:

sergechronos
04-21-2013, 10:44 PM
I'll trade you my computer for your car then. Seems fair :P
Far Cry was a few years back, but you could probably just upgrade your graphics card and get tolerable performance out of it. Enough to at least play the game. Although I'd say wait until Intel's new Haswell chips launch in a couple months if you plan to upgrade the whole rig. Haswell should be a huge step forwards if you're willing to pay for it, and if not, then the Sandy Bridge stuff will be drastically marked down and the Ivy Bridge stuff will probably go on sale to some degree as well. In truth, even the 1st generation i series CPUs (as well the 6 core and 8 core AMD CPUs) are fine. They are less likely to be your bottleneck than your graphics card would for something like FC3.

nodoze
05-16-2013, 09:23 AM
has anyone downloaded blood dragon stanbd alone expansion thingy? i love it maybe because i heart almost all things eighties haha , my buddy kept harping at me saying dude this is the most you game i have ever seen you need it so i finally gave in and spent the fifteen bucks and it was well spent .

stealthify
05-16-2013, 10:35 AM
has anyone downloaded blood dragon stanbd alone expansion thingy? i love it maybe because i heart almost all things eighties haha , my buddy kept harping at me saying dude this is the most you game i have ever seen you need it so i finally gave in and spent the fifteen bucks and it was well spent .

I've seen a lot of the hype and watched a few gameplay videos, but I've yet to take the plunge.

$15 isn't much for a standalone expansion and a few thrills. I'll probably give it a go sometime this summer.

nodoze
05-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Def worth the money , if you are a far cry three fan they leave the stealth aspects to be used but casual fps game's will feel welcome using standard tactics . And because you are a cyber command ha ha you start with abilities you would have to really work for in the normal game .

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2