PDA

View Full Version : Help me top off my build - Fuel / Injector / management system

ras463us
09-27-2010, 02:19 PM
I need some help trying to figure out the proper fuel setup to top off my build.

Here's what I'm working with:
92 VR4 18 spline
4-bolt block
4340 H-beam Forged rods
CP pistons 0.030" over 8:1 CR
DR Stage 3 heads w/ high rev/lift springs
274 cams
Solid lifters
Adjustable cam gears
TD04 19T Turbos
JDM Throttle body
Stock upper and lower intake
Stock exhaust manifolds and O2 housings
3" down pipe
Borla Catback w/ 3" test pipe
Stock Sidemounts and IC piping (for now)

Here's my dilemma; :confused1:

I was really wanting to run E85, on a speed density setup using an AEM EMS, but I am getting ready to relocate to a small town in the Upper Peninsula of MI and the closest station that sells E85 is about 80 miles away. I also have NO experience tuning and probably don't have anyone near that could assist me. This will not be my DD, but I will cruise it alot during the summer months. I need a setup that I can drive several hundred miles if I wanted to. I don't want to push everything at 110% either. I would be happy with 425 ~ 450 AWHP. Not going to have much compitition to take out :cool:

What would be your recommendations on the following:
1. Fuel choice
2. Injector size
3. Fuel pump
4. Engine / Fuel management system

TurboSinceBirth
09-27-2010, 07:38 PM
1. 93 pump, or 93+meth.
2. 5xxcc injectors. I wouldn't go with 660 or 680cc injectors since it's not needed and will cause timing issues on a piggyback. Keep it simple.
3. Hotwired walbro would work. I have a new one I won't use that you could shoot me a price on. I'm going with dual Kyosans after I get my car running and I swap out my dual walbros.
4. MAFT, e-manage blue or ultimate, or an SAFC2. The e-manage is pretty easy to use if you have a laptop and I was going to use it until I found a good deal on an AEM and traded my piggybacks for it. I've got a 97 VR-4 DR-500 car I'm tuning the AEM on in KC when I get mine done. I could have helped you out if you weren't moving. An AEM would be nice but it isn't necessary either for your setup.

J. Fast
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
I need some help trying to figure out the proper fuel setup to top off my build.

Here's what I'm working with:
92 VR4 18 spline
4-bolt block
4340 H-beam Forged rods
CP pistons 0.030" over 8:1 CR
DR Stage 3 heads w/ high rev/lift springs
274 cams
Solid lifters
Adjustable cam gears
TD04 19T Turbos
JDM Throttle body
Stock upper and lower intake
Stock exhaust manifolds and O2 housings
3" down pipe
Borla Catback w/ 3" test pipe
Stock Sidemounts and IC piping (for now)

I would be happy with 425 ~ 450 AWHP. Not going to have much compitition to take out :cool:

What would be your recommendations on the following:
1. Fuel choice
2. Injector size
3. Fuel pump
4. Engine / Fuel management system

Stock fuel supply line, custom hood lines from stock filter thru stock rails to Aeromotive FPR, custom line tied back to stock return line, Denso Hybrid 310 w/resistor mod, 450cc injectors, MAFT, 91 or 93 octane pump gas. You're under the stock doubling rule with a 425hp goal, and that's all you'll really need.

Jeremy