PDA

View Full Version : MMCD Tool users when converting to Excel

DrGonzo
01-27-2013, 02:45 PM
I have been having an issue for some time now getting MMCD Tools to export out into Excel format. I used the Excel format and multi pages to graph out items and insert formulas to convert WB data and such.

For some time now when I would export out from my Palm and MMCD Tools would convert, I would never get the Excel format. It would only create the CSV and PDB files. I tried to manually convert the PDB's to Excel and it would never work.

I just recently got an Emanage Blue and a new laptop specifically for tuning and logging. Upon setting things up I loaded all of my software including Office 2007. Tried testing MMCD Tools out, Both 0.2a and 0.2b versions and neither would create the Excel files.

Since MMCD Tools was built from .Net, I had a feeling that the port/bridge used to connect MMCD Tools to office to handle the data conversion was just not functioning. Considering how old MMCD tools was I decided to roll back my Office version to see if I could find one that was compatible.

So I got an image of Office 2003 loaded it up and what do you know, Excel output was working again!! So it looks like the Excel file output will work up to Office 2003. Any version past that it will not be able to create the Excel formatted file.

If anyone is using a higher version of Office and is able to get their Excel file to output please let me know. I only have up to version 2007 that I can use as my other computers are x64 and Palm does not have drivers so I can't get my palm to connect to them.