PDA

View Full Version : 1998 3000gt vr4 $12000

Tytanium
01-25-2013, 11:57 AM
1998 $ 12000

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, 126k $12,000

I've had this car for two and a half years now, and it's time to move on. My size combined with the dimensions of the car and commute requirements of my job, it's just too uncomfortable and impractical for me to keep.

So my car is for sale. I don't drive it hard, though it is a daily driver. Never raced. Purchased car at 112k in June 2010. (less than 7k miles per year accumulated). Clean carcheck/carfax. No accidents or salvage title.

Mods and info are as follows:

Has sliding moonroof
New Sylvania Silverstar Ultra high and low beam bulbs
Toyo Proxes 4 summer performance tires (about 7000 miles on them)
KYB GR2 struts
Tein S-Tech springs
3SX AWD adjustable lower control arms (planning on getting an alignment, but it's only a shade out of spec)
3SX stainless steel full length downpipe (no cats)
3SX stainless rear precat eliminator
3SX EGR delete
New axles and hub assemblies on both front wheels
Vac reduction
3Sx ball bearing MBC (set at 12psi)
Evo IX metal bypass valve (been very pleased with it)
Prosport Premium Peak/Warn white/amber gauges in stock center dash locations (water temperature, oil pressure, boost pressure from left to right). These gauges have been excellent and I have had no issues with them. They are connected to the accessory lights and change color when you turn on the headlights
New Interstate battery as of December
Replaced battery cable ends
Full 120k service (done at 121k miles) (Water pump, oil pump, timing belt
NGK plugs and Bosch wires(done at 120k service)
Valve stem seals (done at 120k service)
Front turbo rebuilt (done at 120k service)
Both heads hot tanked and decked. Valve job performed.
Replaced trans and transfer case fluid at 119k with Synchromesh
New Centric brake pads and rotors all around
New 3SX OEM engine mounts (Not installed, but included)
Replaced motorized antenna as it was awful and broke two replacement antennas with a 14" shorty, FM reception is excellent
Replaced shifter bushings with solid ones
New black leather shift boot
Fresh oil change and filter
Replaced reverse light switch in transmission

Stuff that was done before I bought it (first owner was a Mitsubishi tech in Georgia):

60k service done
Transmission replaced at 62k
Transfer case serviced
HKS mushroom foam intake installed
HKS turbo timer (this is currently disconnected, as I don't drive enough to need to use it)
Spec Stage 2 clutch (second owner had this done, I have receipts for all of the dealer serviced stuff)
Aluminum flywheel (couldn't tell the brand, only saw the edge when doing the 120k) Looks like it might be Fidanza though.
SONY CDX M8810 CD Player with XM antenna (car still has factory 10 disc changer) with remote.
Pioneer speakers all around (Not 100% sure of model, but they were put in at the same time as the deck, around 2004)
20% tint all around, including front windshield. I'm planning on removing the windshield tint, as it's illegal and makes it really difficult to see at night with the bloom and glare

There are a couple of chips on the hood that can be filled pretty easily, and I'm going to try filling them if I get time before I sell. The paint in the sideskirt "vents" is a little beat up, though it hasn't gotten any worse in the time that I've owned it. Small bubbling on roof next to sunroof. Driver's seat leather is worn at the normal spot on the bolster, but not too bad. Floor mats aren't in great shape, but should last for a while longer. Check engine light is on because of the EGR delete and cat delete. SRS light is on too, but I couldn't find anyone who had the reader thing to wipe the code near me. Burns a little bit of oil, but last compression check I had done was within spec.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable car to drive. Pulls hard, sounds mean, shifts well, looks fantastic.

Some pictures

http://i46.tinypic.com/2vcgjyq.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/mvtf0w.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/14v19tv.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/15yzqfp.jpg

I can get some more when the weather's a bit nicer and there's more light.

Price is pretty firm at $12,000. Email me at tytanium AT gmail DOT com or PM me. Serious offers only. No trades.

Car located in Northeast Kansas.

Vantage
01-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Beautiful car. GLWS.

ChargerX3
01-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Do like.

green-lantern
01-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah, nice car.

TurboSinceBirth
01-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Do you live in Lawrence? I've seen one just like yours drive past many times while walking around Iowa and University Drive.

Tytanium
01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes, I do. I work at the Union, so I'm always driving to campus at about 10 till 8 every weekday.