PDA

View Full Version : 97 Mustang Bullitt?

Mr Faust
09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I have a bud who owns a 97 Mustang GT with the 4.6l V8, he believes its a Bullitt because of its green color, the lettering on the back is body color, and the badging on the side says 4.6l V8, he goes on about how his car has "balls" and my TT doesn't(like a typical Mustang guy I guess). I know his car isn't faster, but I'm unsure as to whether or not it is actually Bullitt like he claims, I can't seem to find any information stating there was a Bullitt model in that generation, and as far as I know the Bullitt skipped the 94-99 generation and came back in 01, this is true right?

Austin@STM
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
I think you are right, but i am not positive on my mustang history. I do know that the bullits came with i believe charcoal torq thrust style wheel, and im pretty sure there is a badge on all of them as well. Other than that its just a plain old mustang, there wasnt much if any power difference.

DrGonzo
09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
The Bullitt was not introduced until 2001 so the guy is full of shit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_variants#Bullitt

The first Mustang Bullitt was produced for the 2001 model year. The cars were available in Dark Highland Green, blue and black and a total 5,582 were sold. it was built to Honor Steve McQueen’s from the old movie "Bullitt".

All Mustang Bullit's have a special edition dash badge stating it was a Bullit and the production number just like Shelby's.

The WIKI page shows all of the motor changes to spruce up the power.

Austin@STM
09-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Well that settles it.

stealthee
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Your friend is an idiot. Number 1 thinking the car is a Bullitt because of the color is moronic. number 2 his 97 GT would be beat by an NA 3s so a TT would crush it.

Prizefighter
09-26-2010, 07:45 PM
You should just smack him now and get him a civic.

Mr Faust
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
He's not a dumbass, but he's told so many people he has a Bullitt with 400hp that if he bails out now he's going to look retarded, I don't know how many people buy what he says, he makes it sound as if the basic function of certain parts of his car are extravagantly crafted works of art meant for a Ferrari or something. Whenever he starts going off about how his Mustang is better than my Stealth or how V6's have no balls I just go "Yep Yep Yep, Sure, Yep"

stealthee
09-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Race him and humble him.

Mr Faust
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
HAHAHAHA that's another thing, he always says "come on I'll race you" and every once in a while I'll go "Alright" then all of a sudden he goes "well, it would have to be at the track since street racing is illegal" or "I thought you never beat on your car because you were afraid something would break" if I comply with his challenge it always goes awkward.

He knows exactly what he has.

Chris@Rvengeperformance
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I beat those things by a second and a half at the 1/8th mile track all the time. Those guys are having the time of their life if they crack off a 9.3

FastOldGuy
09-29-2010, 12:31 AM
HAHAHAHA that's another thing, he always says "come on I'll race you" and every once in a while I'll go "Alright" then all of a sudden he goes "well, it would have to be at the track since street racing is illegal" or "I thought you never beat on your car because you were afraid something would break" if I comply with his challenge it always goes awkward.

He knows exactly what he has.

Tell him no worry you won't have to beat on your car to beat him. I hate Mustang owners like him . It makes the rest of us look bad.

OBXBoost
09-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Tell him no worry you won't have to beat on your car to beat him. I hate Mustang owners like him . It makes the rest of us look bad.

Was there ever such a thing as a good looking mustang owner?

T A D
10-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah...bullitts were only made in 2001 and once again in 2008. I know my bullitt would stomp n/a's and would keep up with tt's and probably beat them, but mine is not stock :P. I have driven/own a tt converted n/a, and a tt.

FastOldGuy
10-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Was there ever such a thing as a good looking mustang owner?

Me of course. :)