PDA

View Full Version : DNP Hard Pipe Coupler Questions...

CoopKill
09-26-2010, 12:12 PM
I picked up a used set of DNP's without couplers.

I have ordered 10 2" couplers and the TB reducer.

Can someone tell me if I need another size/reducer for the IC or front turbo connections and what it is?

Much appreciate any help...

Bill

Chris
09-26-2010, 12:44 PM
That's what do you will need:

1 3.0" to 2.75" Silicone Coupler Reducer Turbo
4 2.0" Silicone Straight Coupler
4 2.0" Silicone Hump Hose

I take all them on votionspeed.com

Hug, Chris

AlmosN8kd
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Eight 2" couplers is wrong; completely wrong. First, there are 9 couplers, not including the TB one. Second, the ones between the DNP piping and ICs is of a reduced size (the piping kit tapers at those connections).

IIRC, the connections are as follows but I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure this is accurate (hump connections are a personal preference and not required; I used all straight or reduced connections):
4 2"
4 1.75" to 1.5" (piping to IC connections)
1 1.5" (front turbo to piping connection) - I am least sure about this one, it has been several years.

Chris
09-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Eight 2" couplers is wrong; completely wrong. First, there are 9 couplers, not including the TB one. Second, the ones between the DNP piping and ICs is of a reduced size (the piping kit tapers at those connections).

IIRC, the connections are as follows but I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure this is accurate (hump connections are a personal preference and not required; I used all straight or reduced connections):
4 2"
4 1.75" to 1.5" (piping to IC connections)
1 1.5" (front turbo to piping connection) - I am least sure about this one, it has been several years.

You right. Sorry.

AlmosN8kd
09-26-2010, 02:01 PM
You right. Sorry.

It's cool man (I think I came off a bit smug when I re-read my post, sorry about that, it wasn't my intent). I also tried the "all 2" connections" at first myself which is why I know it doesn't work. Unfortunately, at the time I installed my piping kit, I was in a rush and didn't have time to wait and order the proper couplers, so I ran down to the local parts store and bought some radiator hoses that had the right size reducers on them (cut the section off that I needed) and have been running them ever since. Yeah, I know, completely ghetto but they hold and they're all the connections that are buried in some way so you cannot see them.

CoopKill
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
I changed my order from Columbia River Mandrel Bending, aka Vortex Induction Sports, aka siliconecouplers.com.

Hopefully they get the memo before sending out. If not, a trip to Saint Helens is in order...

Keyan
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
As said already, the DNP pipes taper off to stock size at the end of them. So you need 1.75" couplers. OR, you could do what I did, and cut off the taper and weld in just straight 2" :) and then get a 2" intercooler set up, and you can have a FULL 2" charge piping setup. You can feel more power. (less restriction, more cfm at same psi)

CoopKill
09-26-2010, 03:43 PM
So, What size are the IC pipes? Do I need 1.75 to 1.5 reducers?

Rom3BreaK
09-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Oh man, I had a thread just like this back at the other site a month or two ago and got no replies...

Basically I ended up ordering all 2" couplers which was an obvious mistake. I still want to replace the rest though, so I'm also very interested in the sizes required.

Thanks!

-Caleb