PDA

View Full Version : 91 VR4 no spark, no fuel

2SnailsThisTime
10-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi all,
I recently purchased a 91 vr4 that needed some tlc. I went to check it out and right as I was going to test drive it the ECU fried. After some intense negotiations I purchased the car much under the asking price.

Long story short, I'm stuck. Car does not have spark, has power to the coil. And car does not have injectors pulsing, there is gas in the lines.

I replaced the ECU with a 92 reman and have also replaced the PTU. I have to think it is the CAS or the ECU.

My question is, how can you test the CAS and the ECU?
I have searched but the only useful thing I have found regarding the CAS was a bit over my head.

Thanks in Advance

Ninja Performance
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
A bad CAS will stop the Injectors and coils from firing.

-Chris

Roybatty
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
CAS testing info is in service manual page 13-72...Chris has a link to manuals in his SIG above.

Stealth 316 - CAS Replacement - DOHC 1991-1992 (http://www.stealth316.com/2-cas-91-92.htm)

2SnailsThisTime
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the responses!!
Before I had checked this thread for replies I was under the hood with a voltmeter trying to troubleshoot.

I noticed I have no power going to the CAS ever. Not with the keys in the on position, while starting or with out the keys in the ignition.

What does that mean? Bad wire somewhere?

RealMcCoy
11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Thank you for the responses!!
Before I had checked this thread for replies I was under the hood with a voltmeter trying to troubleshoot.

I noticed I have no power going to the CAS ever. Not with the keys in the on position, while starting or with out the keys in the ignition.

What does that mean? Bad wire somewhere?

It's powered by the MPFI relay... Check the other items on that circuit. (like the red wire at the airflow sensor, any of the solenoids on the firewall, or an injector.) If you have no power out of the MPFI, check the fuse first. If no luck there, check the relay.

Tigchamp
11-25-2012, 06:03 AM
A bit late for this reply but the first thing I would check is the ECI fuse, it may have a dry joint
Jeff