PDA

View Full Version : guns.?

masterjr33
10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
or no guns.
Just bought my self a new toy and wanna show her off.. in my 72 hour waiting period.. . .stupid.. beurcrats.. should only have to wait 72 hours for your first gun. i have PLENTY more... but... can we .. can we.. huh. huh???

green-lantern
10-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Show it off man, there is a thread for this already though.

nodoze
10-06-2012, 12:32 AM
check out the armory thread, and i dont have that problem , look into a permit to purchase

wingnut
10-06-2012, 10:40 AM
check out the armory thread, and i dont have that problem , look into a permit to purchase

agreed on permit, walk out same day with it ;)

masterjr33
10-06-2012, 11:49 AM
just like i posted on my face book. i dont need to file another piece of paper with the govt. once i own one or two. I COULD just use one of them to kill someone im currently pissed at. I dont need to buy another one.. just pissed i cant go plink with it today.

stupid. dumb question for the masses. Sokay. went to the sporting goods store 2 days ago. found a neat cheap pistol to pick up to go poke holes in paper with. Now i have to wait 72 hours to pick it up. and i would love to go play with it now. over the weekend.
I TOTALY understand a 72 hour wait on your first gun. noone should walk into a store angry . buy a gun. pissed off. go shoot someone. that is bad. but... after i already file for my first firearm. why cant i take my new toy home to play with. I mean I already HAVE a gun. if i was pissed and wanted to go shoot someone now i would just pick up a currently owned fire arm.. making me wait to pick up a 3rd. 5th or 200th fire arm is just redundant and stupid.

wingnut
10-06-2012, 01:29 PM
just like i posted on my face book. i dont need to file another piece of paper with the govt. once i own one or two. I COULD just use one of them to kill someone im currently pissed at. I dont need to buy another one.. just pissed i cant go plink with it today.

can't speak for anyone else... but I was referring to a CCW permit, which is the only one I would bother filing :D

mcshooter
10-06-2012, 07:01 PM
where do you live? here we have a instant back ground check, i just picked up a kelteck 9mm for my carry. i like it has a internal hammer and does not require a safety unlike my makroff.

CoopKill
10-07-2012, 12:15 AM
ccw allows instant purchase...

wingnut
10-07-2012, 12:21 AM
ccw allows instant purchase...

EXACTLY...unless its one of the multi-states, then they might tell you 72 hours...but usually clears immediately :D

MeTarzan
10-07-2012, 02:07 AM
since the brady bill expired they are instant unless there is something that is questionable that shows up. Even if you purchased guns before, the government isnt suppose to keep those records that is why you are suppose to register your firearms so they can keep track of them.

JohnnyTurbo
10-07-2012, 12:53 PM
ccw allows instant purchase...I would think that would depend on the state you live in. In Ohio, I go to a gun show, I see a gun I like (hand gun or long rifle), I walk out with the purchase. If I find a private seller, we just look at each other's driver's licenses confirm that neither is a felon and seal the deal - no paperwork (liberals really hate that one). Having a CCW makes no difference how fast I can buy a gun where I live.

masterjr33
10-07-2012, 01:37 PM
well i purchased from a store and not a trunk. got a decent deal. I dont feel i need to file and sign more paper work to get a CCW. just to be able to purchase a fire arm now and then.

Got a slightly used taurus pt 1911 .45 . in box 2 mags. cleaning kit and they tossed in a box of PMC to go through it with for 500$ out the door.
Taurus International Manufacturing Inc (http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=59&category=pistol)

TONS of features you normally have to get as upgrades and gunsmith work. so im happy. very clean . minimal use . the ramp shows no sign of wear. but the slide lock shows wear. meaning it has been taken apart and cleaned more than it was fired from the looks of it. I will clean it today since i just got it home now. Then go put 100 rounds of 230gr ball through it. clean it. and stack up 4 mags with SXT or Ranger T-series +P rounds. shoot a box of them through it to see how they feed. clean it and put it up. MAYBEE toss some normaly sights on it. novaks or something the super 8 sights suck.

wingnut
10-07-2012, 03:27 PM
I would think that would depend on the state you live in.

Yes, but the OP already stated he is in a waiting period, we were just tryin to give him options ;)

I dont feel i need to file and sign more paper work to get a CCW. just to be able to purchase a fire arm now and then.

Well sure, but I would file a CCW permit so I could carry that sweet Taurus :D

CoopKill
10-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I would think that would depend on the state you live in. In Ohio, I go to a gun show, I see a gun I like (hand gun or long rifle), I walk out with the purchase. If I find a private seller, we just look at each other's driver's licenses confirm that neither is a felon and seal the deal - no paperwork (liberals really hate that one). Having a CCW makes no difference how fast I can buy a gun where I live.
Yeah, here you can walk out of a gun show instantly if bought from a private seller. If a dealer there is a wait. If from a dealer there is no wait if you have a CCW due to having already completed the background check which is what the wait is for. Even with the Brady bill off the books, I believe we still have the wait period in WA.

Nice purchase on the Taurus! Make sure to stay away from Wolf ammo as it is way to inconsistent in quality to chamber on a consistent basis...

onebadmollafolla
10-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I would think that would depend on the state you live in. In Ohio, I go to a gun show, I see a gun I like (hand gun or long rifle), I walk out with the purchase. If I find a private seller, we just look at each other's driver's licenses confirm that neither is a felon and seal the deal - no paperwork (liberals really hate that one). Having a CCW makes no difference how fast I can buy a gun where I live.

Here, if you purchase a handgun you have to do the NICS check (obviously) and then you have to take the gun registration down to the police station and get it registered. Once you do that, you can go back and pick it up, same day. However, if you have a CCW, you can walk into a retailer and walk out with the gun without taking the registration down to the police station and then drive all the way back to pick it up. Last handgun I bought, I was out in 10 minutes tops from the moment I picked it out.

masterjr33
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
the only thing i ever put wolf through was a norinco SKS. it would eat anything. and i knew about the corrosive primers. so it got cleaned instantly.
Currently looking at decent grips. novaks. and a couple mags. maybee a different trigger as i hear the taurus saftey trigger can jam into locked mode during use.

wingnut
10-08-2012, 10:17 PM
interesting topic about walk-in/out gun purchasing...

...i happened to be picking up some bulk ammo today, and posed the question why the difference. he relayed to me that if you have no CCW for your state, (issued by your state, so multi states dont count) then the responsibility for background check lies on your local PD. wasnt long ago that the check up here took 7-10 days because of a lazy PD employee.

HilbillyHomeboy
10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I can have a new handgun in less than 20 minutes, and that includes my drive time to the closest gun shop. I do not have a CCW. West Virginia...fuck yeah!

Jeremy

JohnnyTurbo
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I can have a new handgun in less than 20 minutes, and that includes my drive time to the closest gun shop. I do not have a CCW. West Virginia...fuck yeah!

Jeremy:popout:..................<banjo music>..............:popout:

wingnut
10-11-2012, 10:10 PM
:popout:..................<banjo music>..............:popout:

http://www.boo-z.com/0254%20Paddle%20Faster%2011x3.jpg

onebadmollafolla
10-13-2012, 05:45 AM

Jeremy

You still need to get your CCW. :D Open carry is for the birds. :p

wingnut
10-13-2012, 12:20 PM
You still need to get your CCW. :D Open carry is for the birds. :p

http://www.parrotforums.com/attachments/macaws/3294d1331948614-hybrid-macaws-smiley-agree-2.gif

HilbillyHomeboy
10-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes, I know. Just need to make the time. :)

Jeremy