Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can AEM EMS be configured to run off stock maf? How do you tell how it's configured?

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    I was leading towards asking for various MAF scales that people have established on the 1311 and 6311 other than the stock Karmen. I didn't want to come right out and say, "Hey, give it to me!"

I do believe this guy was going to run a GM so I wanted to know how it worked out. The pic looks like a stock airflow sensor so... I dunno? Just curious. You are running stock airflow sensor correct DG? I didn't recall seeing GM scales on your site so I was wondering if anyone wanted to shre their experiences with Chevy LS series MAF and Dodge Viper MAF with our box.

I've visited your site a couple of times and poked around. You have a great EMS write-up on your site, among other things.
    Last edited by J. Fast; 03-22-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    My car is running speed density with the AEM. When I didn't have intake pipes removing the need for the MAF sensor to just hold a place, I had it plugged in till I noticed with it plugged in, it was tossing off the signal from my air temp sensor. Plugged in, the air temp sensor always read one temp no matter what was going on.
    There is an air temp sensor in the OEM MAF. If the AIT in the manifold is spliced into this wire (as it probably is) you have two resistors hooked up in parallel and results will be weird.

The OEM MAF isn't really a "MAF" the way a hot-wire MAF is. The Mitsu "MAF" is really a VOLUME sensor, so it needs temperature correction to properly work out mass flow.

Using the stock MAF (like I do) is a quasi-hybrid of MAF and speed/density. You get a direct measurement of air flow volume (unlike speed/density which infers it from MAP and RPM) so you don't need to worry about VE quite so much, but you still have to do all the density corrections like AIT.

I actually kinda like it. It's really easy to deal with.

DG